SAU Community

Cap In Engine Bay

Chris_Beli

hey guys, was just under my hood and was wondering what system the metal cap that is in the middle infront of the engine block and fan is from im assuming the radiator?, on the stock engines it has an orange sticker on it which seams to just be a warning not to open it while its hot, however looking at mine it says blitz, so im wondering if anyone knows what blitz bit if any this means is in the engine bay somewhere? Its not a BOV or FMIC. Maybe a previous owner just thought it looked cool? haha

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...RB25DET_R34.jpg

thats a link to a picture showing the orange cap so u know what im talking about.

cheers

that pics not my engine bay as i said, and no i was just double checking what i thought, I only just bought the car so i dont know 100% whats been done to it in the past, sorry for asking a question ive never worked on an engine in my life and dont have anyone to teach me, didnt need the sarcasm

you best get used to the sarcasm on this forum, most of us are quiet sarcastic :)

it's all in good spirit though, so don't take it personally.

you may have actually got better feedback if you had posted up a few shots from different angles of your actual engine bay instead of something else from the net. the guys might spot something none standard and be able to give you a better idea what has been modded on your ride.

Recon that Chris did a image search in google I've seen that pick before,it's from a R34 GTT,the black box is a Greddy ebc solenoid( proffec A i guess) , the pod is a Blitz one and the way the ground stabilicing wiring is done is a bit wierd(usually the the connection bridge is bolted to the battery terminal).

Did'nt realized before about the siren screaming at the turbo . :banana:

was just under my hood and was wondering what system the metal cap that is in the middle infront of the engine block and fan is from im assuming the radiator?

:)

put the hood down and walk away!!!!!!!

Sorry jetwreck, didnt realise everyone was ment to know everything about cars without ever asking a question, didnt realise these forums were a place to bash people over knowing less then you do about something, I was under the impression they were for asking questions and learning from your peers? oh well guess I will take my questions elsewhere in future.

that pics not my engine bay as i said, and no i was just double checking what i thought, I only just bought the car so i dont know 100% whats been done to it in the past, sorry for asking a question ive never worked on an engine in my life and dont have anyone to teach me, didnt need the sarcasm

Hey,Chris post a pick (or a couple)of your actual engine bay,that way anybody can say if they see something aftermarket and your doubts will be solved.

Yup. Post up your ride. There are no dumb questions....anywhere.....ever! But there are many an unhelpful answer. Keep that in mind Chris, the forum is here to help fellow believers. :devil: There are owners from all over the auto spectrum on here, some have "the knowledge", some don't. None have all the answers, this is how the forum works in a positive way, by sharing that collective knowledge.

I bet you every one of us has learnt something of value from this information source, else we would'nt be here in the first place.

End of the day nobody knows everything & heaps of other silent members on here learn from the questions & answers that are posted, without ever having to ask the question (& draw attention to) themselves.

My 2c

Cheers GW