SAU Community

R34gtr Single Turbo Upgrade. Help!

iv got a pair of rb25s for 110 for the pair

pm me if your keen

Where you at Perth? Yeh I wanna give these ago first before i use the nismos.. If theres nothing wrong with these why not settle for the cheaper one... Still genuine NISSAN... Quality stuff.

And if you're intent on pulling the motor apart RB30 will work out much cheaper than any stroker kit.

Yeh that is true... And would give more displacement then the 2.7L... Nice thanx haha... Forgot abt that one.

using rb25 afms is a cheap way out and not really that effective..

32 gtr running a single gt3582r maxed out the afm voltage at 20psi boost, that means they read 100% air flow either tho the turbo was still sucking in more. you cant put a HP or KW rating on them as such because you can keep tuning the ecu at 100% afm reading it just becomes a very basic tune.

if you use z32 afm's then they will accurately read past 20psi.

personaly I would use a MAP sensored ecu instead even if you run twin turbos

if you go normal power fc and hold your power around 330kws you should be able to get away with standard afms

but if you wanna up your power later you will need to upgrade your afms either nismos or z32 afms

nismos = $800-900 most tuners i spoke to prefer tunning with these

z32 afms =$400-500 for the pair

taken all that in to consideration maybe your better off buying a djetro to start with to save a bit of coin if your planning on upping your power in the future.

or many other ecu options vipec, link, wolf ect..

have a chat to your tuner

AD4M So what your pretty much saying is @ above 20psi the rb25AFM's are useless? If this is true yes i need z32's. So is the above true for price wise as ive search the rated power for both z32 comes out with more HP capability. Nismo is more $$ because its "NISMO"?? I don't have a mental amount of stashed money in my backyard or anywhere for that matter as some people do lol. Cause I do plan on getting alot of "reliability" mods to go with just a tad later after the turbos so i don't blow the thing up.

we recenty put some 2860-5's on a bog stock 32gtr. 298kw @ 19psi. very drivable. comes on nicley from 3ish and buy just over 4k it all on hard.

Nice, so would you say that is safe for daily? and is around 20psi safe for the internals? Plan on internals sooner then later if it isn't ><. haha making me drool for these 2860's =D~

Edited by Specrzx

what do you think happens when a map sensor reads 20psi and continues until redline? the same thing, the horiztonal load axis never changes

thats in an ideal world 100% right

but if the boost pressure spikes, you can have the different part of the map it will go into tuned for less timing and more fuel as a safety

if your afm's are maxed out they will always read the same axis.

Kinda off topic, but..Hey OP was that you in the white 34 GTR heading towards the freeway on Kent St around 1:30-2 PM today? (Thurs) D:

I was in the white GTT going in the opposite direction ;)

using rb25 afms is a cheap way out and not really that effective..

32 gtr running a single gt3582r maxed out the afm voltage at 20psi boost, that means they read 100% air flow either tho the turbo was still sucking in more. you cant put a HP or KW rating on them as such because you can keep tuning the ecu at 100% afm reading it just becomes a very basic tune.

if you use z32 afm's then they will accurately read past 20psi.

personaly I would use a MAP sensored ecu instead even if you run twin turbos

There must have been something wrong, as rb25 AFM's max out at about 220rwkw each, airflow is airflow so 2 will max at around 440rwkw, how was the scaling on the PFC setup, as i cant see them hitting 5.1v on a 3582 @ 20psi even if its a 1.06 housing.

Kinda off topic, but..Hey OP was that you in the white 34 GTR heading towards the freeway on Kent St around 1:30-2 PM today? (Thurs) D:

I was in the white GTT going in the opposite direction :P

Nah man not me ><... Working at that time haha.. And not my location im in NOR.

Anywawys i figured i'd settle for the D-J price wise for PFC and AFM's Turns out to be the same as PFC D-J with all necessary parts. Kinda stupid to not go to it isn't? Nengun getting the new ones with EL hand controllers cheap. AFMs So $$..

• 3 years later...

I know it is not a new model but what do you think of the Greddy T78 Single Turbo, I have it in my R34 and was wondering if twin is better. There are many different oppinions and I was wondering why they would take a twin system off if they are better?

if you are in Perth, WA

take your car to Josh @ Galvsport in Osborne park, he currently has 10+ big dollar GTR builds of all the combinations above and is a very well respected engine builder. he will take the time to find out what you want, what you will do with it and make a suggestion from there.

he is currently building my HKS 2.8 and has been great to deal with.

Thanks but in NSW

Does not look like there are any oppinions about the Greddy T78 as to what is best , the original Twin system or the T78, guess I will keep looking.

As I am a new forum user even though I have been a member for a while and I have been told to search before putting a new post up, it seems to upset some older grumpier members, but it gets bloody frustrating when you cannot find the info you would like as I am not the best on computers. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...