SAU Community

Who Would Be Faster

ok so this is the situation.

this dude i know is nearly finished his r33 gtr im not going to go into to many specifics but its an r33 GTR with a rb26/30 with a to4z making around 600 4wheel kw

i have an r34 GTT with a 26/30 and gt42r when tuned it should have 700hp

now the debate is who will be faster down the quarter mile

both cars are fairly stripped and caged

both cars have dog boxes

both with drag slicks etc

both drivers around the same sort of skill

neither of us will be at the track till around october so i just wanna hear what sau reckons

thanks

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so this is the situation.

this dude i know is nearly finished his r33 gtr im not going to go into to many specifics but its an r33 GTR with a rb26/30 with a to4z making around 600 4wheel kw

i have an r34 GTT with a 26/30 and gt42r when tuned it should have 700hp

now the debate is who will be faster down the quarter mile

both cars are fairly stripped and caged

both cars have dog boxes

both with drag slicks etc

both drivers around the same sort of skill

neither of us will be at the track till around october so i just wanna hear what sau reckons

thanks

Do you mean 600hp or 600kw because i am yet to see a to4z make 600rwkw on what ever fuel.

both will be quick, but the gtr will have the traction off the line, and that makes a big difference.

peak hp is only part of the equation. where each turbo makes it's power will play a big part too because if the gtt has less down low the gtr will pull away off the line even more.

suspension setup will play a bit part as well. if the gtt has stiff suspension (for a track setup rather than drag) then the gtr will pull away off the line even more as it will have better traction. stiff suspension = poor traction.

as a bit of an indication of things, i had/have an old motor magazine where they ran a v8 supercar, a porche 911 gt3 and a formula ford down a 1/4 mile (think it was setup on a runway). all 3 ran similar times (think the v8 supercar was a fraction quicker). the porsche and the formula ford both killed the v8 off the line (had one of the taller diffs in it, plus they are just hard to launch at the best of times). the acceleration times were a true indication of the power though. i think the v8 supercar was a full second quicker from 80 to 120, and the trap speed was much higher on the v8 (was very high for the time it ran)

unless the GTT has a good suspension setup id put my money on the GTR winning as you are going to have traction issues in 1st and 2nd possibly even 3rd gear in which time the GTR will just walk away from you. both cars starting at 100km/h would be a different story though.

You can have the fastest car in the world, but it all comes down to the driver

hay mate

ive had several fast cars and i wouldnt be investing 150,000 into a car if i didnt know how to drive would i

my question was about the cars with equal drivers skill.

marc

ill have some pretty good suspension setup and wide as f**k rims on the back ill be investing heavily on traction and keeping it down as best i can.

mickey thompson drag slicks should be good enough lol.

also throwing the whole nismo suspension arms catalogue at it

unless the GTT has a good suspension setup id put my money on the GTR winning as you are going to have traction issues in 1st and 2nd possibly even 3rd gear in which time the GTR will just walk away from you. both cars starting at 100km/h would be a different story though.

lol

i can see it braking traction in 4th gear pretty easily hahaha

You can have the fastest car in the world, but it all comes down to the driver

Agreed. And to the guys saying an AWD will have a quicker launch, not always. RWD is just as fast if you can get the grip, it's just getting it is not easy. Ask any top end drag racer. They've kept RWD for a reason. If you can put the power down with just the rear wheels, you can be just as quick, if not quicker. Why do you think Top Fuel still runs RWD? It's not for nostalgia's sake.

hay mate

ive had several fast cars and i wouldnt be investing 150,000 into a car if i didnt know how to drive would i

marc

ill have some pretty good suspension setup and wide as f**k rims on the back ill be investing heavily on traction and keeping it down as best i can.

Well if that is the case, looking from a hypothetical point of view, the GTR will win....

The T04Z will be more responsive plus the extra traction of the GTR, so I think the GTR will win.

The sudden hit of the GT42R on two wheels is going to make it hard to get traction.

hay mate

marc

will it be coilovers with a somewhat heavy spring rate? for drag racing you'd nearly be better off with the stock suspension as it allows plent of weight transfer over the rear wheels. that is where the awd of the gtr gets its advantage. it can run a slightly stiffer suspension and still get off the line better as the front wheels will pull it as well.

to be honest though, i don't think you will know for sure until you actually race. the reason being that while you may be both experienced, how much experience do you got have with cars with the sort of power level you are going to be putting out?

ive got friends who have cars in the 7 sec bracket (not skylines) but from what i can see and experienced dyno figures and the race are 2 totally different things , quoting a friend when i say dyno results mean sh*t! he got really poor results on the dyno then turned it around on the track with times.

like status says the other variables mean hell of a lot , track temp , overall weight of the cars, outside temps, track conditions , the better reaction time..

on paper id say the GTR but only the race will tell.

Edited by Hiroshima Screamer

yeah what a f**kin joke . go to the track and find out . even after you do i can see there being an endless list of excuses as to why it went either way .