SAU Community

Shannons Wont Insure My Gtr

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well that is nowhere near what I said or meant.... and $5k/year on $180k is still a much better deal than what your paying anyway (comparatively speaking) if you convert that to a $20k car the premium is $555/year i'd call that a win, no one in the whole thread said the R35 would make him a better or a more likeable person...you made that up yourself.

John just proved what I said before, these forums are becomming way to negative and there is always someone here arguing that black is white and then making up things and twisting things.... :)

Sorry but a few pages back he stated that only R35 owners should be able to answer his queries which to me sounds like a superiority complex.

Forums are a place to view your opinions. If you don't agree with something you are allowed to post. Sometimes people don't agree and to see that as negativity then the offended party must be pretty shallow. Of course you are always going to get the crappy replies..

I suggest if you don't like the comments people post, negative or positive, you find your username at the top left of the screen and hit 'Log Out'.

But we are straying off topic so to put your mind at ease and for the good of positivity I would have to suggest the op to shop around a little more and use an insurance broker. His driving record has been tarnished but nothing's going to change that now.

Sorry but a few pages back he stated that only R35 owners should be able to answer his queries which to me sounds like a superiority complex.

Forums are a place to view your opinions. If you don't agree with something you are allowed to post. Sometimes people don't agree and to see that as negativity then the offended party must be pretty shallow. Of course you are always going to get the crappy replies..

+1

What does bother me about some of the replies in here is the amount of people he has defending him, if you've lost your license 3 times in 5 years you are either a massive dickhead or the most unfairly victimised person on earth. This person clearly fits into the former by his own admission of speeding on numerous occasions.

Now if this was in any other section of SAU and about any other car this guy would be coping massive amounts of shit from everyone. Now just imagine for a second that this guy was trying to insure his VL Turbo and lost his license 3 times, how much sympathy would he get then? absolutely f**king zero. Just because someone has a super car it doesnt make them a better person, just better at making money. How many times have we had people come into our respective state sections after losing their licenses and get absolutely blasted by all of us because we dont to be associated with that sort of behaviour, yet own a R35 and all is forgiven. If I am misreading the mood feel free to correct me.

the OP was being a total dick to all comments that didnt serve his cause, condescending and arrogant. and of course lets not forget he was innocent of all driving offences. baited by gravity on downhill slopes, road works, etc, etc, etc.

franga hit the nail on the head. he's a wanker whether in a 35 or an excel.

theres a few status monkeys on here who are too easily impressed by money and possessions.

Edited by Munkyb0y

The construction workers do not HAVE to be at the site for it to be a construction zone, even if it is 3AM on sunday morning!

I think there is plenty of room to challenge this based on Australian standards. The sign is for safety of workers. Posted speeds should reflect Australian standards. If there are no workers then it doesn't strictly apply. However, your speed should reflect the condition of the road and should be lower than the speed limit in place for that road under normal circumstances.

A good mouthpiece should get most people off this sort of fine.

There was a massive number of NSW drivers fined in the Lane Cove Tunnel with a similar 40km/h roadwork sign in place despite no roadworks being undertaken during the times that the fines were issued. All these fines were removed. An unnamed RTA official spilled the beans on the legality of these signs under these circumstances which is believed to be the catalyst for the minister's move to quash the fines.

you know, at first I thought people were being a little harsh on him.....but then this comment....

your photo...and your car....I NEED NOT SAY ANY MORE

cheers fool

now imagine an billionair oil sheik saying that to you about your R35 and your face

the OP was being a total dick to all comments that didnt serve his cause, condescending and arrogant.

Id be condescending and arrogant too if some half wit with a two digit IQ thought it their duty to exercise their hypocritical vigilance against me on a public forum.

Oh hang on, was I just?... Yep.

baited by gravity

:)

gotta remember that one

I think there is plenty of room to challenge this based on Australian standards. The sign is for safety of workers. Posted speeds should reflect Australian standards. If there are no workers then it doesn't strictly apply. However, your speed should reflect the condition of the road and should be lower than the speed limit in place for that road under normal circumstances.

A good mouthpiece should get most people off this sort of fine.

There was a massive number of NSW drivers fined in the Lane Cove Tunnel with a similar 40km/h roadwork sign in place despite no roadworks being undertaken during the times that the fines were issued. All these fines were removed. An unnamed RTA official spilled the beans on the legality of these signs under these circumstances which is believed to be the catalyst for the minister's move to quash the fines.

The thing is, even if they're not working, the road is often "half done" with uneven surfaces and you have to wind thru traffic cones and stuff... hence the need to leave it 40km.

Down here if they feel it's safe to do the normal speed when the workers aren't around, they put a cover on the 40 sign.

It's really not rocket surgery... if you see a sign, just do whatever it says.

i'm lost for words

I'm with you there Terry, but maybe in a different way. IMO, the OP was reacting (maybe poorly) to a stream of abuse.

I'm shocked at the treatment S15guy has received. Whatever happened to welcoming new members you lot?

So many guys riding on eachother's shoulders flaming the guy for what I feel is no reason.

Who gives a flying fark how many times he lost his licence, I don't! He was simply asking where other people insure!

It just screams of a BoostCruising thread not a mature SAU thread, I think some of you need to pull your heads in. Sorry, but I do.

Edited by Marlin

I have read through this from start to finish, twice, its gold. I find it interesting that s15guy has pointed out 2 "unlucky" situations (Lets face it, easy to get caught rolling down mountian range at 90 not 80) that won't loose your lic on their own in Qld. If these are the 2 "unlucky" moments.....What were the "yep, you got me moments"?

I am glad that s15 guy wized up and worked out that this is a public forum, where if you wander in and in your in 1 of your first posts and start shouting "I AM THE GREATEST", that people are going to line you up as a target and tell you to pull ur head in! Like in life, if you do some thing stupid, suck it up and admit it, if not to everyone else, you owe it to your self.

I am with you on the fact that Insurance Co. look at infringement history to make a decision on the level of risk you are to having to pay out on you. I had a rough trot as a young driver, no I was a hoon in a Gemini and got targeted because I did hang out in the hoon spots, I did do timed mountain runs in a ridiculous over modified streetcar that was eventually ordered off the road. That was me a long time ago and I never had an accident in that time either. I have had a accident since and had to pay all of it out of my hip pocket, because it took me a long time before I could get Insurance on the nice cars I bought in the years after. That was my own fault. My beef with the insurance people is that they dont look at accident history.

My point is that if you drive like fool, cop the consequences, there is only your self to blame.

Insurance companies do look at accident history.

Yes but there is a huge hole for the to say "no we cant insure you because of your ticket history". I was A1 with no accident history. Bought a new car and went to insure it and was told I had too many tickets, mostly defects, with a willfully create noise and smoke and a speeding a few times thrown in over a 5 year period.

That did seem to me a little off.

Not trying to justify anyone for doing the wrong thing, just made me realize how accountable we have to be for our actions. Not just us but how some popo need to use some discretion when cautioning motorists.

I'm with you there Terry, but maybe in a different way. IMO, the OP was reacting (maybe poorly) to a stream of abuse.

I'm shocked at the treatment S15guy has received. Whatever happened to welcoming new members you lot?

So many guys riding on eachother's shoulders flaming the guy for what I feel is no reason.

Who gives a flying fark how many times he lost his licence, I don't! He was simply asking where other people insure!

It just screams of a BoostCruising thread not a mature SAU thread, I think some of you need to pull your heads in. Sorry, but I do.

For those who don't know, half the reason this thread has received so much attention (and negative attention) is because a link to it was posted in the wasteland where everyone cops it for everything.

You probably should care if he has lost his licence...licence suspensions/cancellations aren't just to protect him from himself, they are to protect us from him. I wouldn't want my son or daughter to be sharing the same roads when he acquires a car capable of doing some very fast things.

I think the initial abuse he received was unnecessary, particularly when he admitted to things that many on here wouldn't. But he could have reacted much less childishly to all of that and is paying a premium (pun) for it now - deservedly so. Nobody wants to help someone with such arrogant and grandiose delusions thinking they are a class above the rest because of the car they drive...

Also, LOL @ the demotivational poster.

+1.

I would have become defensive with my responses as the OP did. Too easy to say to someone your a 'dckhead' and to 'hardn the f up' on a forum. Dare I say with 100% certainty, non of these posters would say anything like this face-to-face.