SAU Community

Track Tires From Tyre Rack

Roy

Friend of mine just got a tirerack order today and he's a bit disappointed that the tyres he's received are 3 years old.

Perhaps that's something that people can ask if they are ordering.

fark, 3 years old is a bit rough. out of interest what model tyre are they? and what size? I would not be happy with anything over 18months old.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're a Kumho V710 I think. I don't know the exact size but they won't be overly big as they're for his Datto 1600.

Worst part was they told him the date on them was 2010 before he bought them. Haven't spoken to him in a few days but when I know how he got on after contacting I'll post up what happened.

The more tyres people buy from the US, the more expensive tyres in Australia will get. You need to support the Australian official importers of the tyres because the more they buy from Japan, the cheaper they can get them for which is why they are cheaper in the US. The more you buy from the US, the cheaper US prices will get in comparison to Australian prices. I really wish stoogebags would stop doing this.

Personally imported tyres would make up a fraction of a percentage of all tyre sales in Australia so I can't see how it makes up much of a difference. Call me a stoogebag if you want but I'm not paying twice the price for the privelidge of buying local.

The more tyres people buy from the US, the more expensive tyres in Australia will get. You need to support the Australian official importers of the tyres because the more they buy from Japan, the cheaper they can get them for which is why they are cheaper in the US. The more you buy from the US, the cheaper US prices will get in comparison to Australian prices. I really wish stoogebags would stop doing this.

why should i pay 100% mark up? seriously

i was quote $2500 supplied, fitted and balance for AD08

i pay $1200 landed and $50 for fitting and balance for the same tyres from tirerack

Maybe whichever stoogebag is profiteering in the aussie market could stop doing that?

Even in the same country its ridiculous, I can buy and ship tyres down from QLD and pay for fitting here and STILL have change from what they'd cost locally.

• 1 year later...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/395003-circuit-semi-slicks/

A guy at Phillip Island ran the AO50s on the Saturday at PI and then the Hankooks on the Sunday. He seemed to think the Hankooks were quicker. He did go quicker on the Hankooks on the Sunday but I am not convinced as Troy was from Newcastle and only had limited running and was still getting his head around the track and his car problems over the weekend. Including popping his engine early on Sunday morning

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?13/11/2011.PHIL.Q1

1_25_AHRG___Troy Fraser____Nissan 200SX_1:44.2561*

People do support it but the fact they jack prices up to gain more of a profit is the problem. Why should I pay $650 per tyre here in Australia when I got the same tyres delivered to my door for $1400

If there is money to be saved on getting high quality tyres I will do it instead of what alot of ppl do and skimp on tyres and get the cheap ones