SAU Community

Daily Drivers

Lucaas

Depends what you like. I'd prefer concavity though, but that's just me ..

Get some CE28's! XXR are too over done, plenty of evo's around my area running this setup.

New daily drive is currently this -

lePotGb.jpg

Believe it or not, when the 34 is finished on the dyno it will go back to my daily and this will be driven by Carmen or just sit in the shed waiting for the weekend :D

Fk that for a daily - not because its not a nice vehicle to drive but the petrol consumption is ridiculous!

Father in law has a petrol (booo!) 80, its gotta be up around 25lts/100km.

Depends what you like. I'd prefer concavity though, but that's just me ..

Get some CE28's! XXR are too over done, plenty of evo's around my area running this setup.

Got a mate selling a nice set of EVO rims, i could get details if needed.....

Fk that for a daily - not because its not a nice vehicle to drive but the petrol consumption is ridiculous!

Father in law has a petrol (booo!) 80, its gotta be up around 25lts/100km.

Turbo Diesel man! So far i have done 600kms and am still on the first fuel tank, still have the reserve tank to go. Previous owner said around 900km on town driving and 1200km+ on highway.....

Its better than my 34 :P It drinks more alcohol than i do............ Well............ Nearly haha

gimmie gimmie l/100kms figure when you figure out numbers. very keen to know

the newer TD Prado are quoted at around 8.5l combined. I know its 3.0 4cly compared to a 4.5 (4.2D?) 6cyl but in the end same end purpose of vehicle

Edited by barraspalding

gimmie gimmie l/100kms figure when you figure out numbers. very keen to know

the newer TD Prado are quoted at around 8.5l combined. I know its 3.0 4cly compared to a 4.5 6cyl but in the end same end purpose of vehicle

Will be hard to work out exactly as the speedo is out :P I am working roughly on the % at the moment..... I can let you know how many L it used on a trip to VIC in a fortnight!

Black Toyota Rav4 with speedy rims lmao..

I'm not posting a pic, even if I knew how :)

Drives lovely but I dispise it, the doors are like a tank..

I'm sure Tez already has some Ralliart items lined up in his garage :P

Haha! Nice!

Thanks again you two!

The car still has to be complied; so I haven't driven it yet - even with trade plates.

Engine modifications are likely - but without going silly.

Cosmetic mods will be rims.

Thinking of getting a concave look with slim spokes like XXR-527 or ADVAN RS. Any opinions on those in 18x9.5 +20 or thereabouts?

Looking forward to see it :)

Will be hard to work out exactly as the speedo is out :P I am working roughly on the % at the moment..... I can let you know how many L it used on a trip to VIC in a fortnight!

Google maps the distance, figure out the fuel L's used... carry the 1's and such.

Or get that speedo fixed. Assume its the massive penis extension tyres that have thrown it out?

Google maps the distance, figure out the fuel L's used... carry the 1's and such.

Or get that speedo fixed. Assume its the massive penis extension tyres that have thrown it out?

Yep can work that out easily enough!

The speedo seems to be sitting below the 0 mark and stays that far out the whole way! Surely the tyres are making it out a bit yes BUT to 20km/h haha

And the owner did throw in another set of rims and tyres too, but its a part of the fun driving around in a mini monster truck :P

Ye older landcruisers and patrols are aweomse! Built like tanks and can take a lot of punishment.

Don't build cars like that anymore.

Fuel is a small price to pay really when driving 2+ tonnes of "get the hell out of my way" haha!

Ye older landcruisers and patrols are aweomse! Built like tanks and can take a lot of punishment.

Don't build cars like that anymore.

Fuel is a small price to pay really when driving 2+ tonnes of "get the hell out of my way" haha!

Lol, so far its proving to be pretty good on fuel! 2 weeks of DD and i am still on the first tank and that included a 4hr drive on Saturday exploring the coast! :D

They seem to be built pretty tough and people tend to move for it haha!

My only complaint with it is the window tint at night, cant see a farken thing! Looks awesome and is nice and private for day use but night time is a bit annoying!

Lol, so far its proving to be pretty good on fuel! 2 weeks of DD and i am still on the first tank and that included a 4hr drive on Saturday exploring the coast! :D

They seem to be built pretty tough and people tend to move for it haha!

My only complaint with it is the window tint at night, cant see a farken thing! Looks awesome and is nice and private for day use but night time is a bit annoying!

Well that ain't bad at all!

And I guess changing the tint isn't too harsh of a mod really cause you need to see where you are parking at night ay.

Well that ain't bad at all!

And I guess changing the tint isn't too harsh of a mod really cause you need to see where you are parking at night ay.

Going to drive it to VIC and will be at night, will decide then what to do... It should be a comfy trip from my impressions so far! It's so quiet even though it had a straight through 3" exhaust.... I'll admit, it sounds like a tug boat at idle though lol

Going to drive it to VIC and will be at night, will decide then what to do... It should be a comfy trip from my impressions so far! It's so quiet even though it had a straight through 3" exhaust.... I'll admit, it sounds like a tug boat at idle though lol

Haha yeh that's one of my little things with the diesels. Would pick the petrols for that reason although you instantly lose with the fuel ay. But i still love those sub tanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...