SAU Community

Which Race Fuel

Lads i need some advice, did a bit of searching and didnt come up with much.

R32 Gtr running t04z with all supporting mods

fuel system is 850cc tomei injectors,sard reg,hks twin feed rail, big sx fuel pump with surge tank and gtr standard pump as feed

Now its currently running at 19psi on pump fuel, and i want to get a race fuel tune for an event that is coming up.. i was planning on running e85, and after doing some research have come to the conclusion i will need larger injectors(some say as big as 1600cc!)

so do i go bigger injectors and run e85, if so what injectors should i look at? plan is to push the t04z up to around 26psi.

or do i use something like ERC, VP racing, ELF.. and if so which brand/model do you reccomend..

i wont be doing many events a year with this car, so i dont mind spending a bit on racefuel for a one off each year. also what hp should i expect with 26psi and your choice of fuel?

thanks in advance!

do what i did and do a fuel blend. I went with 50/50 E85/PULP and it works out to be 42.5% ethanol content. very easy to mix since the ratio is simple.

power gains on my car went from 320 rwkw at 20 psi to 360 rwkw at 16 psi plus a load more timing and reponce. i didnt want to upgrade my injectors so this was the best result for me without having to change a single thing! Pretty stoked with it over all!

personally i would go this over some expensive race fuel.

Lads i need some advice, did a bit of searching and didnt come up with much.

R32 Gtr running t04z with all supporting mods

fuel system is 850cc tomei injectors,sard reg,hks twin feed rail, big sx fuel pump with surge tank and gtr standard pump as feed

Now its currently running at 19psi on pump fuel, and i want to get a race fuel tune for an event that is coming up.. i was planning on running e85, and after doing some research have come to the conclusion i will need larger injectors(some say as big as 1600cc!)

so do i go bigger injectors and run e85, if so what injectors should i look at? plan is to push the t04z up to around 26psi.

or do i use something like ERC, VP racing, ELF.. and if so which brand/model do you reccomend..

i wont be doing many events a year with this car, so i dont mind spending a bit on racefuel for a one off each year. also what hp should i expect with 26psi and your choice of fuel?

thanks in advance!

[/quot

try some roo 16

do what i did and do a fuel blend. I went with 50/50 E85/PULP and it works out to be 42.5% ethanol content. very easy to mix since the ratio is simple.

power gains on my car went from 320 rwkw at 20 psi to 360 rwkw at 16 psi plus a load more timing and reponce. i didnt want to upgrade my injectors so this was the best result for me without having to change a single thing! Pretty stoked with it over all!

personally i would go this over some expensive race fuel.

cheers simon, this sounds like a good alternative. how come you didnt wind it back out to 20psi? injectors maxxing?

nytsky 1000cc was going to by initial choice but after speaking to the fella who will be tuning this, he has advised to go with 1400+

Quick rundown on my setup, any holes that need to be filled lads?

standard gtr lift pump

2.5l surge tank

sx fuel pump ( Supports carbureted engines up to 1300 HP and fuel injected engines up to 1000 HP at 45 PSIUltra high-flow rates exceed: 80 GPH at 12 volts and 45 PSI, AND 120 GPH at 12 volts and 10 PSI)

sx filter

-8 teflon from pump to y piece at engine bay.. splitting into two -6 either side of rail

-6 teflon return to sard reg

-6 teflon reg back to surge

injectors are 850cc tomei's.. too small..

what brand injectors? been looking at id2000 and bluemax seem to do some good sizes too.

what would you expect a rb26 t04z at 25-26psi stage 2 hks 272 cams running e85 will make?

yeah saw those bosch 1600's, i am pretty sure they are an old school design that could give me some low rpm issues.. wanna stick to around 1200-1400cc

if doing the 50 50 mix 98 and e85 where would 1000cc like nytsky has start running out of puff?

johnny, godzilla motorsports are selling 2000cc at 250 a piece, have a look in the forsale section, they told me they have just as good spray pattern as the injector dynamics as nytsky mentioned above