SAU Community

Twin Turbo Gtr Pipe; Aluminium Welding Required!

Marko R1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like a train - wooosh wooosh...under light throttle & low rpm

i.e. 60km/h in 4th, floor the accelerator & there it is

That surprises me Marko. I thought with the 3 litre all that rubbish goes away? Mine has a ever ever so slight wooosh..... but nothing like some of the UK boys describe. I have a funny feeling when we stick mine on it will go away!

That surprises me Marko. I thought with the 3 litre all that rubbish goes away? Mine has a ever ever so slight wooosh..... but nothing like some of the UK boys describe. I have a funny feeling when we stick mine on it will go away!

it is very minimal & only under 3krpm when the engine is under load in a high gear (whichis hardly ever) - i really need to provoke it to make it happen

will be interesting to see the bak2back comparison though paul - cant wait! lets call it a "myth buster"

fwiw....a nismo engineer told me years ago this was a must do mod...will be interested to see the results.

duncan - your engineer is right...we ran my car with the modded pipe & it took out the surge, both paul (piggaz) & i were surprised! it works :thanks:

good to hear this mod actually works, is there any other causes to the choo choo issue? like tune?

mine is doing it with N1 turbo's and stock rubber inlets. does it at 3750 RPM every time but only in 4th and 5th .

sorry to hijack

good to hear this mod actually works, is there any other causes to the choo choo issue? like tune?

mine is doing it with N1 turbo's and stock rubber inlets. does it at 3750 RPM every time but only in 4th and 5th .

sorry to hijack

have your actuators calibrated so they both crack open at the same boost level - this will cause turbo surge

have your actuators calibrated so they both crack open at the same boost level - this will cause turbo surge

good tip that, my gt-ss which should be too small to cause surge is showing similar signs, will get the actuators looked at

the mod itself is very popular on uk site, also supposed to lower temp for the rear turbo as it isnt working as hard, how much did the mod end up costing btw? i have a spare pipe that i wouldnt mind getting modded

good tip that, my gt-ss which should be too small to cause surge is showing similar signs, will get the actuators looked at

the mod itself is very popular on uk site, also supposed to lower temp for the rear turbo as it isnt working as hard, how much did the mod end up costing btw? i have a spare pipe that i wouldnt mind getting modded

Marko bought the modded pipe off me as I dont need it anymore. I am putting a duel entry ARC cooler in the nose of mine. I am sure any alloy fabricator could do it for you.

i had 2 members from the forum quote me $150 for the mod

i had 2 members from the forum quote me $150 for the mod

i have a spare pipe i could prob do on an exchange basis, im at work tomorrow doin personal stuff if i find it in the morning before i head in i'll take it with me and see how i go, prob do it for 80-100 including freight back to you

i have a spare pipe i could prob do on an exchange basis, im at work tomorrow doin personal stuff if i find it in the morning before i head in i'll take it with me and see how i go, prob do it for 80-100 including freight back to you

let me know how you go, ill be keen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Can i ask your opinions on whether its worth Going a Greddy Y Pipe over the splitter ?

The $$ is heaps more then the splitter job but is it worth it??

Edited by sultanaz