SAU Community

E85 Fuel Setup

GDZ-14R

Here is the link to Caltex planned rollout of E85:

http://www.caltex.com.au/ProductsAndServic...s/BioFuels.aspx

Marketing manager told me plan is have most running by late September, early October. So that might make it easier for some.

Engine bay looks almost stock, i don't want the look of pumps, lines, surge tanks in the boot.

The 740's are side feed Ash. From what you describe pump maybe close to a dangerous limit there.

If they can do 400rwkw, then thats not their limit :D

There would still be more had i'd imagine.

Hell stock GTR pumps will do 350-380 brand new

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You mentioned unigroup fixed your boost issues, what sort of power is it making now?

The car should be making in the region of 320-330awkw with the hardware you have currently, and if not, somethings not right and I would be addressing that before trying to chase more power through switching to E85

Yeah agree with that, should have shit in 320 just on pulp alone.

Don't wanna take the attention away from OP, but if I have a single 044 pump, and nismo 740's, at what rough power would the pump need to be upgraded on e85? Would it handle 350rwkw on an RB25?

Sorry I would search the upgrade threat, but god known nobody really posts their pumps in it lol

what was the boost issue? air leaks?

Sheesh a combo of three things... The first was one i suspected, t-bolt clamps were pinching where they tightened on the hard piping kit, the second was a tiny leak from a small tear in a vacuum line, and finally most important the actuators were not set up right. They had loose tension, were cracking too early and and unevenly across both turbos.

well, with your fuel pump, if you have 1000cc injectors, (minimum for e85 and half decent power) you need have a pump that can flow atleast 6l/min or whatever the total flow of the injectors are..

not hard to come close to max on 1000cc with e85

my evo [ i'm here as i want a r35 :] needed 1000cc injextors and twin pumps to get E85 setup .

is it worth it ? i got 301 atw on 98 v 330ish atw on E85 .. and i live near an E85 outlet but unless you cart around a 200ltr drum in the boot have found you really cant travel out of town on E85 map as theres little chance of getting E85 .

and getting out the lap top to change maps .. draining the tank ... is it worth it ? not sure unless youre very seriously tracking , really need the grunt and have a towcar full of drums . [ read a thread that E85 being supplied at some major tarmac events though ] . and if you can get a switch to change maps do it !

my evo [ i'm here as i want a r35 :] needed 1000cc injextors and twin pumps to get E85 setup .

is it worth it ? i got 301 atw on 98 v 330ish atw on E85 .. and i live near an E85 outlet but unless you cart around a 200ltr drum in the boot have found you really cant travel out of town on E85 map as theres little chance of getting E85 .

and getting out the lap top to change maps .. draining the tank ... is it worth it ? not sure unless youre very seriously tracking , really need the grunt and have a towcar full of drums . [ read a thread that E85 being supplied at some major tarmac events though ] . and if you can get a switch to change maps do it !

Most of us have 6 injectors, 610's should get me over 300kw. Twin pumps? With a good fuel system one 044 should do more than that.

I don't do that many K's so long distance for me is less than a tank. I can get over 400k's from 70L now. Easy switch over with the Emanage ultimate, dip switches on the front to swap back to 98.

A mate on here recently sold his 34 that had 368 at all 4 using GTSS' with 28ish psi on PULP - backed up by dyno's, insane lap times, etc. It was an over the top setup, and not a typical result, but close to the 400 i guess..

Anyhow i made my decision, 1000's going in, retune on PULP in the short term with plans for E85 towards end of the year. Will post results.

Hey guys, been reading this for a while im sort of confused,

Ive currently got 251kws my mods are , PFC, 740cc , walbro fuel pump, highflow turbo etc... Can i use E85 + bp 98? 50% 50% , would i need to change anything from my fuel setup? I just want my engine to run safe...

Hey guys, been reading this for a while im sort of confused,

Ive currently got 251kws my mods are , PFC, 740cc , walbro fuel pump, highflow turbo etc... Can i use E85 + bp 98? 50% 50% , would i need to change anything from my fuel setup? I just want my engine to run safe...

740's will basically get you to 400rwkw on PULP.

Easily enough for E85 with your setup.

A mate on here recently sold his 34 that had 368 at all 4 using GTSS' with 28ish psi on PULP - backed up by dyno's, insane lap times, etc. It was an over the top setup, and not a typical result, but close to the 400 i guess..

Anyhow i made my decision, 1000's going in, retune on PULP in the short term with plans for E85 towards end of the year. Will post results.

So you want to put 28psi through a standard bottem end, good luck with that.. :(