E85 Fuel Setup

GDZ-14R

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No. Maxed 1000's and bought ID2000's then sold the 1000's.

Retune in the next few weeks will be interesting, the boost is going to keep going until it makes no more power or the box lets go. That's e85 and the 2000's. I'll post up the duty cycle and power etc.

Ok.. i was tossing up whether to go for id1000's and run more rail pressure.Apparently they are capable of flowing 1500cc with 100 psi rail pressure.

Or just get the id 2000's and have way more injector than i would ever need..even on E85

Edited by ezy_09s

No. Maxed 1000's and bought ID2000's then sold the 1000's.

Retune in the next few weeks will be interesting, the boost is going to keep going until it makes no more power or the box lets go. That's e85 and the 2000's. I'll post up the duty cycle and power etc.

hmm, i have our Rb26 700's on ebay atm cause they ran out on E70.. i raised rail pressure (alot.. alot) to get 380 @ 7000rpm and 17.6psi but ran out again of fuel well below peak rpm (backed out @ 6200) and power.

i just ordered id 1000's and if your out by 403kw im second guessing my choice :dry:

ive still got 6-odd psi and 2000rpm to go.....

just out of interest were you watching fuel pressure? its not a pump issue is it?

post-34927-1284635879_thumb.jpg

post-34927-1284635956_thumb.jpg

hmm, i have our 700's on ebay atm cause they ran out @ i raised rail pressure (alot) to get 380 @ 7000rpm and 17.6psi but ran out again of fuel well below peak rpm and power.

i just ordered id 1000's and if your out by 403kw im second guessing my choice :dry:

ive still got 6-odd psi and 2000rpm to go.....

just out of interest were you watching fuel pressure? its not a pump issue is it?

It's hard to know what to buy, the onlybway to know for sure is to try it and see. What motor are you doing this for?

We were watching fuel pressure, I can't remember what it's set to though sorry.

There's 2 044's feeding a twin entry rail, so I'm fairly certain that's enough flow there.

Thanks for the tip though I'll keep an eye on it more closely this time :D

Ok.. i was tossing up whether to go for id1000's and run more rail pressure.Apparently they are capable of flowing 1500cc with 100 psi rail pressure.

Or just get the id 2000's and have way more injector than i would ever need..even on E85

PressureSensitivity.jpg

THe ID1000 are only about 880cc/min when flowed with N-heptane. I ran out of injector at around 280awkw on 50:50 pump/e85 on an evoX I did recently - I though the ID1000 would be enough for at least 300.

Edited by rob82

hmm, i have our Rb26 700's on ebay atm cause they ran out on E70.. i raised rail pressure (alot.. alot) to get 380 @ 7000rpm and 17.6psi but ran out again of fuel well below peak rpm (backed out @ 6200) and power.

Wierd that you are only getting 380 with bumped pressure from 700's while joeyjoejoe can make 320 with only 550's...

Peoples results with fueling on E85 seem to be all over the place

Sweet guys, once you go E85, you'll never go back anyway. In my own car I've gone from 850's, to 1000's, Indy Blue's and now the ID2000's. Haven't run the ID's on pump yet, but interested to hear of anyone who does.

I've been on E85 for over 2 years now, best thing I ever did...along with the dog gear set :happy:

I've got an idea to go back to pump98 just so the car can do cruises/runs again. Been toying with the idea of doing it after lacing the current setup.

I bet selling those injectors was the easiest sale you've made!