SAU Community

E85 Fuel Setup

GDZ-14R

So my R34 GTR with GTSS', poncams/gears, Z32s, pfc, HKS/Nismo dumps-pipes-zorst, bigger cooler, hard pipes, profec, splitfires, etc. made a poor 290awkw with some serious boost issues. Big plug to Unigroup who seem to have sorted the boost issues that i struggled to find on my own...

Now i am up for a decent retune and am seriously considering jumping on the E85 bandwagon, since there are some good supporting mods to start with. My fuel setup is all Nismo, including intank pump, 600cc inj's, and reg. I was thinking bout upgrading to 1000cc ID's, running E85, 22psi+, and aiming for mid 300's at the wheels.

What do you guys think of running the Nismo intank with 1000cc ID's to support the power level, and also doing it on standard bottom end?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Id be getting a small undercar surge tank and one 044 pump or similar should do the trick for that power level..Only cost about 300$ too, cheap for peace of mind..

If you get the latest PI magazine theres a story on it, and a free dvd... :D

Edited by Arthur T3

Id be getting a small undercar surge tank and one 044 pump or similar should do the trick for that power level..Only cost about 300$ too, cheap for peace of mind..

If you get the latest PI magazine theres a story on it, and a free dvd... :D

If we're talking only one 044 pump, wouldn't the Nismo pump be close in flow rate comparison?

i cant see why you cant make 300-330ish with the setup you have on just 98.... is the extra 20-30kw really worth screwing round buying e85 all the time? Unless its at a servo near you... or the car is track only....

i cant see why you cant make 300-330ish with the setup you have on just 98.... is the extra 20-30kw really worth screwing round buying e85 all the time? Unless its at a servo near you... or the car is track only....

In the perfect world it would make 330awkw, esp with all the brand name bits on it... It only made 290 and drove like a pig, although the old tuner was clueless and ignored the boost issues too. Just want to make sure it reaches its potential, and the possibility of it exceeding expectations and making something silly like 370+ would be insane!!

Servo in the next suburb is selling E85 as of next month.

Sard 700's (or the 800s) would be fine for that power. Minor rail bump if anything.

I think Nismo have 740s for RB26's as well?

Nismo pump flows fine for 400rwkw on PULP/700cc + a minor bump (circuit cars, no surge tanks in them)...

So E85 @ roughly 360rwkw would be similar in terms of volume/supply

In the perfect world it would make 330awkw, esp with all the brand name bits on it... It only made 290 and drove like a pig, although the old tuner was clueless and ignored the boost issues too. Just want to make sure it reaches its potential, and the possibility of it exceeding expectations and making something silly like 370+ would be insane!!

Most you'll get is around 30-40rwkw gain from E85, going by what most other results indicate at least anyway :D

So 370 would look like the limit (in theory).

Your lucky man, i gotta drive 1.5hours into the city to get E85. But im pritty sure holden realised some Eco crap last week that runs on E85 so hopefully it comes more avaible.

You could always put a big single in tank like an A1000 for that power it shouldnt be stressed and then no extra lines and tanks etc

Thats an 800$ pump, for that you get 2 44s and a surge tank...

Maybe I just like surge tanks, but thats how i was going to set mine up anyway..

You dont think its worth it?

:D neither does nismoid.....

Edited by Arthur T3

By any chance do you get your car serviced at Autostyle? I sort of recognise the plates

Most people will say you need an extra 30% for E85, thats not always the case, my car proved it was way more than 30% under full throttle, but then again every setup is different :D

^ depends on how efficient the setup is and all the usual variables that come into account :D

Some cars respond much better to fuel and all of a sudden you can get heaps more out of it, same token fuel use then is higher also.

Here is the link to Caltex planned rollout of E85:

http://www.caltex.com.au/ProductsAndServic...s/BioFuels.aspx

Marketing manager told me plan is have most running by late September, early October. So that might make it easier for some.

Engine bay looks almost stock, i don't want the look of pumps, lines, surge tanks in the boot.

The 740's are side feed Ash. From what you describe pump maybe close to a dangerous limit there.

Here is the link to Caltex planned rollout of E85:

http://www.caltex.com.au/ProductsAndServic...s/BioFuels.aspx

Marketing manager told me plan is have most running by late September, early October. So that might make it easier for some.

Engine bay looks almost stock, i don't want the look of pumps, lines, surge tanks in the boot.

The 740's are side feed Ash. From what you describe pump maybe close to a dangerous limit there.

Thats why i said undercar tank...can get one that holds 2 44s..bolts up under the boot floor

135$ on ebay.. ..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fuel-Surge-Tank-Und...=item3356ba225b

You mentioned unigroup fixed your boost issues, what sort of power is it making now?

The car should be making in the region of 320-330awkw with the hardware you have currently, and if not, somethings not right and I would be addressing that before trying to chase more power through switching to E85.

You mentioned unigroup fixed your boost issues, what sort of power is it making now?

The car should be making in the region of 320-330awkw with the hardware you have currently, and if not, somethings not right and I would be addressing that before trying to chase more power through switching to E85.

Haven't been back on the dyno, currently sitting outside holding off for a week to decide whether or not to go E85.