SAU Community

Melbourne Autosalon - 28/29 August 2010

evilGTR

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind FTOs. I nearly bought one until I realised how bloody slow they were! The handling is quite good though, and I normally hate FWDs with a passion.

If I was going to drive a girly looking lightweight car I'd take my MR2 turbo :) RWD > FWD

^^ +1

I'm quite sure our 10KG rear wing is useless too, probably never heard of lightweight carbon fibre back in the 90's :)

I guess that's why my GTR does not have a spoiler :P

Even on track does this kinda wing really help? thought they were just made just for looks...

If the wing is angled at the correct spot, it will improves aerodynamic performance at high speed.

To increase drag or generate down force, helps stabilise the rear of the car = More control = Faster you go.

The angle of attack of the wing on some cars can be adjusted to increase downward force over the rear wheels, but it has the dual result of increasing drag.

Too much drag = Slow you down.

Your R33 GTR and Nathan's R34 GTR wing / blade / spoiler can be adjusted to a certain angle.

Nismo released a Boot Lip Spoiler for the R32 GTR to increase more down force as the stock spoiler for the R32 GTR was in a fixed position.

To actually test to see if the adjustment of the wing / blade / spoiler has made any improvement, you need to test it through a Wind Tunnel.

Or at the engineering department of the car manufacture themselves.

Or take it out to a race track and hammer it hard down the straight and through a corner to see if you notice any improvement in handling.

:P

Unfortunately, majority of the shit cars running with GT Wings for street use are mostly used for cosmetics = Fucking ricers!

Until you goto a track day and see the GT Wings, it is all for a purpose.

^^ +1

I guess that's why my GTR does not have a spoiler :)

If the wing is angled at the correct spot, it will improves aerodynamic performance at high speed.

To increase drag or generate down force, helps stabilise the rear of the car = More control = Faster you go.

The angle of attack of the wing on some cars can be adjusted to increase downward force over the rear wheels, but it has the dual result of increasing drag.

Too much drag = Slow you down.

Your R33 GTR and Nathan's R34 GTR wing / blade / spoiler can be adjusted to a certain angle.

Nismo released a Boot Lip Spoiler for the R32 GTR to increase more down force as the stock spoiler for the R32 GTR was in a fixed position.

To actually test to see if the adjustment of the wing / blade / spoiler has made any improvement, you need to test it through a Wind Tunnel.

Or at the engineering department of the car manufacture themselves.

Or take it out to a race track and hammer it hard down the straight and through a corner to see if you notice any improvement in handling.

:P

Unfortunately, majority of the shit cars running with GT Wings for street use are mostly used for cosmetics = f**king ricers!

Until you goto a track day and see the GT Wings, it is all for a purpose.

Hence the upgrade to a GT Wing is justifiable, at 3KG.

Downforce + weight reduction.

Topic over :P

Fair enough...though they were more cosmetic than actual use...ill actually play with my wing and see if i can feel any difference...thanks mate...

If I fit one to my backside, will I walk faster?

Something to think about.......

Well you might also be able to fly with proper angled wings... :(

Woo came 13th out of 44 on the dyno.

Congrats bro...great stuff...

The Announcer guy at the dyno said that black gtr was a "circuit tuned track car" and not at its fullest potential for power. He said his highest recorded was 350 but on the day from memory it got something like 295 299 310kw between the 3 runs.