September Photo Thread

MaTBoY

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zennon do you have CS5? You could try content fill aware if your not good at cloning/healing?

Or upload the RAW somewhere and i'll do it for you, that's a friggin sweet shot.

Nice shot Sidd!

Unr33l - Those numberplates are FTW!!

Zennon do you have CS5? You could try content fill aware if your not good at cloning/healing?

Or upload the RAW somewhere and i'll do it for you, that's a friggin sweet shot.

I do - and have used content aware fill before (used it to delete a tree in this shot)

the part that I'm not good at is selecting only certain objects

And thanks for the offer but it's ok - I'll do it one day as a learning exercise :)

Have some Lynda tutorial videos at home I've started watching/doing just don't have enough time :happy:

Sidd i've got a copy of CS5 for you, just awaiting you to return my octabox AND i found out last night, my light stand!!! Had to use my old sh!tty ones for a shoot!

It's of course genuine..................................... :)

Zennon - There are plenty of tutorials out there for selections and as always with photoshop there is about 10 different ways to do it also.

Owen - Probably one of the best things you could do is come to a meetup (if there ever is one) and ask people/learn first hand. Best kind of practice IMO. Ask people how they got that effect, why they chose those settings etc etc.. I'd be glad to help you out.

P.S. I'm keen on beers and photos.

Edited by FST513

Where's your perfect spot sidd? Sounds like an awesome plan. we can do some before(BEER) and after(BEER) shots and compare the next day :)

Maybe do some cars, some scenery and some people shots all in one. Would most people prefer unorganised (besides location/time) or would you all prefer more planning? I myself wouldprobably prefer to just rock up, have a beer and see take it from there, but some people aren't as blase fair as me.

Owen, you'd probably benefit the most from a meet/shoot as you'd have the most to learn. I doubt any of us would mind your questions or helping show you stuff. we're all pretty cool (Me especially :) )

Awesome, would be good to catch up with you guys for tips :) and so you can tell me what I'm doing wrong; really really hoping to pick the 550D up tomorrow! For now (in terms of lenses) just going to get the lens kit ones (18-55 + 55-250) and the 50mm 1.8.

Thinking here:

http://sidd-rishi.com.au/images/2009051721...7662_upload.jpg

http://sidd-rishi.com.au/images/2009091419...zesigupload.jpg

There is also a ship wreck there :)

Its at Little bay, near la paourse (however you spell it).

Cant really take car shots there as you gotta walk 5-10mins from carpark to the actual beach.. but plenty of landscape stuff.

Good thing is that not many people know about that area so it wont be packed. Plus plenty of other near by places to check out too.

Up to you guys.

Let me know whos keen, and i will make a new thread.

Edited by siddr20

I think the sydney crew should have beers in the near future.

In, pending time, date and location.

What about somewhere around the middle of Sydney metro, maybe Homebush? Have a few drinks in the area then find a spot where we have options of landscape, cars, etc. It's a big area, so it shouldn't be too hard to find somewhere other than outside Acer Arena/ANZ Stadium to do it in.