SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

I haven't driven yours. I only used no more than 50% throttle and no more than 5500 RPM absolute tops.

It's imediately back on pipe. Makes the precisions between gears seem like a mid 90's turbo.

A dyno sheet won't give you a good idea of how it goes about its thing. That's what every owner of an EFR talks about.

How does it compare to the TO4Z you drive a while back?

Speaking to a local turbo guy and he said he can mod a Zed to bring it on 800rpm earlier, make more powa, and improve the already good part throttle transient response. Not sure if its an exaggeration, but interested to hear ur thoughts.

He also mentioned these EFRs and SXEs are very very good.

[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Edited by XGTRX

How does it compare to the TO4Z you drive a while back?

Speaking to a local turbo guy and he said he can mod a Zed to bring it on 800rpm earlier, make more powa, and improve the already good part throttle transient response. Not sure if its an exaggeration, but interested to hear ur thoughts.

He also mentioned these EFRs and SXEs are very very good.

I didn't drive it mate. I was only passenger. The Z for what it was performed very well. Considering stock engine, open scroll... Realistically a basic setup. The Z was cracking gates at 4500 rpm in second gear, to be doing that at 3700... I doubt it.

This car had -5's removed and 8374 1.05 bolted in place. I can try and explain how it was. Put all the theories and "I believes" out of your mind and drive it. It's the popping around, doodling around and gear changes that was most impressive. "Big laggy single", think again.

Stop making me want to flog off all my gtx twins bits and making me want to buy a 7670 guys...

There's a guy selling an EFR7670 in NSW somewhere.... comes with high mount T3 manifold for SR20.... but still... $2800 I think. PM me if you want details and I'll try find the link.

Stop making me want to flog off all my gtx twins bits and making me want to buy a 7670 guys...

In all honesty Pete you'd be MAD not to! A 7670 with 1.05 rear on your car would shit 400kw in and be all in at well under 4000rpm!

Your GTX's WILL NOT do that!

Nor will they have that zing under your foot or the transient response the 7670 will have!

If i ever pull my finger out and finish the evo off. Im pretty confident my stock 2L with mivec will be making full boost by at least 3800.

If you are honestly thinking about it Pete sell up now mate and jump on an EFR you wont regret it! I been on Pauls case for ages about EFR's he and his mate saw the light and now look how excited Paul is after his 1st taste of EFR goodness. Paul and I have been spoilt and have been in and driven some pretty epic cars and for us to be this impressed means its DEFINATELY something special! ?

You guys inspired me. Pulled the wastegate hose and ran a log. Check my build thread 2.75L stroker. Ported head, ss .5mm valves Tomei poncam A, hypertune V2, stock fmic

10 psi 3300 rpms

15 psi 3888 rpms

20.5 psi at 4105 rpms

6boost manifold

8374 EFR .92 IWG

This is on medium wastegate cannister at 3 turns in (can go more and likely get in boost quicker).

Third gear

Car is barely tuned so far (I'm doing it).

Haltech isn't controlling boost though :( I'm pretty sure it's all setup right)

So, theoretically speaking here of course,....

How would one go with the 7670 .92 iwg split t4 rear on a 2.8 stroker with 260 cams?

Who's manifold would you use for that?

Hypertune do a low mount TS T4 manifold for an SR20det.... so I imagine you could get one for an RB. That's what I want 'eventually' with an EFR7163 attached.

Hypertune do a low mount TS T4 manifold for an SR20det.... so I imagine you could get one for an RB. That's what I want 'eventually' with an EFR7163 attached.

They don't. I spent a fair bit of time with them trying to get them to do one. No deal.

Pete (from Hypertune) said they have just started making a high mount manifold for the 2JZ boys. RB's are next. Late next year if you're lucky.

Those cast collectors are amazing though.

So, theoretically speaking here of course,....

How would one go with the 7670 .92 iwg split t4 rear on a 2.8 stroker with 260 cams?

I have the 7670 1.05 TS on a measly old RB25. The turbo kills it on a RB25, would hate to see what it does on a 2.8.

I'd imagine it's a little too small unless your car is 100% street driven.

It will also top out at 400kw..don't expect it to go too far north of 400kw even on E85.

Would probably try get someone like crg to knock one up. Iwg would make it easy enough to fit

A good 400kw would be more than enough, But track time would be had.

Are these too small comments based on 'well you could make even more power' or on the turbo falling way out of range resulting in a dangerous amount of heat

It's getting outside it's limit.

Mine makes 375kw @ 24psi on E85.

My car is with my tuner this very moment having stiffer wastegate springs put in (currently only running the supplied 7psi springs) to see if we can crack 400kw.

I'll know this time next week if it can go 30psi and over 400kw!!

Would probably try get someone like crg to knock one up. Iwg would make it easy enough to fit

A good 400kw would be more than enough, But track time would be had.

Are these too small comments based on 'well you could make even more power' or on the turbo falling way out of range resulting in a dangerous amount of heat

Have a read on the evoM forum.

http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/533438-new-bw-efr-turbo-thread.html

That's the link to the EFR thread. Start reading from page 100 or so. Pretty stout thread!

It's getting outside it's limit.

Mine makes 375kw @ 24psi on E85.

My car is with my tuner this very moment having stiffer wastegate springs put in (currently only running the supplied 7psi springs) to see if we can crack 400kw.

I'll know this time next week if it can go 30psi and over 400kw!!

is that motor still stock since the day you've bought it?