SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

Firstly id like to know if anyone on SAU has gone down the twin EFR7163 path and what kind of results did they net. The turbo is rated at 550hp so would you need to run big boost to hit 1000 ?

I did have a set very early on (3yrs ago), they were prototypes so I'm not sure if the current 7163's are the same config.

Paul is correct, 20psi around 5500 and went on to make approx 600hp from memory. Didn't push them past 20psi so I have no idea where they would end up.

Roughly 1,000,000 going by Borg Warner's claims for them - they are beyond the Garrett GT3076R/HKS 3037s in flow rating, which used to be strictly "Pro GTR" type territory in the good old days of Japan drag racing. Serious serious business, so that lag isn't that surprising and realistically actually pretty impressive given what would have happened if you wound the boost up to 11. Not really ideal on a 2.6litre circuit car though!

When i started my build i had roll drags and 1/4 drag as my main priority. Ive since become more roll and top speed oriented seeing that i want to attend SM1000 next year. Ive got a 2.8 stroker with 288deg kelford cams, i think my cams might be to big for these turbos? I will be on E85, high comp and big boost. I do not want to make another mistake in my turbo choice. Its either going to be twin EFR's or a big single huffer for me.

Edited by Tyranus

Hello Guys,

Been reading this topic for a while now ... just caught up :P

Just orderd an 7670 1.05 a few minutes ago for my rb25 build (r33)

Hoping to get around the 500bhp out of this setup for a nice quick street car :)

rb26 crank

rb26 JE pistons

Eagle rods

custom manifold (2 38mm tial mvs)

delete the vct and put kelford 262 cams in there

Supertech springs

And the suporting mods for these kind of setups(fuel pump/injectors etc)

All will be at euro 98 fuel since we can get that at most places here.

• Like 1

Hello Guys,

Been reading this topic for a while now ... just caught up :P

Just orderd an 7670 1.05 a few minutes ago for my rb25 build (r33)

Hoping to get around the 500bhp out of this setup for a nice quick street car :)

rb26 crank

rb26 JE pistons

Eagle rods

custom manifold (2 38mm tial mvs)

delete the vct and put kelford 262 cams in there

Supertech springs

And the suporting mods for these kind of setups(fuel pump/injectors etc)

All will be at euro 98 fuel since we can get that at most places here.

Sounds like an awesome setup!

So you can put some super sick Kelford cams on It Paul.. Farrrrkkk don't you know anything?

Kelford are awesome, I'd put them on anything except an RB25 - nfi why they don't do a VCT cam for them... my only guess is they don't sell enough for those motors to justify the R&D :(