SAU Community

Stroking Rb26 To 2.7 Or 2.8

thanks for all the ideas and advice i will let you know what happens and i know about PSYMIN's stagea and if i wanted to build the ultimate power stagea i would have to go north of 757kw but thats not what i'm after. I'm after a show quality stagea big custom stereo, custom paint and engine with power to back it up so it isnt all show (which i have yet to see anyone do to a stag PSYMIN being the closest). Thanks again for all the help will keep you posted.

Depends on your definition of ultimate.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly i think i will never achieve the 3 liter status, if my stroker 2.7 dies, i am going neo and calling it a day lol, i would love to get a rb30 though the two i have seen were ridiclous.

I would be very surprised if it would cost anywhere near $1000 to freight a block to the US from Oz, just find someone who imports or anything from Oz , it only costs us $2500US for an entire 20ft container from UK..

my 2cents :blush:

I would be very surprised if it would cost anywhere near $1000 to freight a block to the US from Oz, just find someone who imports or anything from Oz , it only costs us $2500US for an entire 20ft container from UK..

Interesting I heard it was in the realm of $10k for a container from just Japan, perhaps prices have changed a lot.

A $1000 if you sent it by plane, no way that much in a container by sea.

Honestly if I was to build my engine again I'd go the RB30 path... way, way cheaper.

I have an HKS built 2.8 Step 2 with Head with extensive work and all the fruit and it was expensive !!

well problem in the us, is finding contacts to get you the blocks, so guys in us fly to aus, meet people, and supposedely find a couple blocks, than fly to us and arrange to have them shipped and thats part of markup, i know 2 people with rb30 one got a rips motor, and other i believe was a 2k block he got from a local rb shop. i wouldnt mind a neo head and rb30 block but its just so damn expensive. just for shits and giggles whats average price you seen for a rb30 block and tell me zip code and i wiill calculate shipping just to see how much markup there is

http://www.rawbrokerage.com/Nissan-RB30-Sh...m?categoryId=22

thats from a reputable shop with out shipping

well problem in the us, is finding contacts to get you the blocks, so guys in us fly to aus, meet people, and supposedely find a couple blocks, than fly to us and arrange to have them shipped and thats part of markup, i know 2 people with rb30 one got a rips motor, and other i believe was a 2k block he got from a local rb shop. i wouldnt mind a neo head and rb30 block but its just so damn expensive. just for shits and giggles whats average price you seen for a rb30 block and tell me zip code and i wiill calculate shipping just to see how much markup there is

My god thats in US dollars as well isnt it ??... and its used !! Ouch!

OK but that's still cheaper than a $20K Tomei stroker kit. On the other hand you can buy RB30 blocks on TradeMe in NZ for about $200 and if you could get two or three and get a freight forwarder to include them in a container to the US shipping for the lot should be under $1000. -Or just buy a ready to go short block from Rips http://www.ripsltd.com/ and he will arrange shipping.

I kid you not, no more than $200 AUD will have you a RB30 bottom end most of the time.

So there is a ridiculous markup

$200 will usually get you a good condition runner! Or quite often it's $500 for a whole VL or R31

O....k.....

Have driven Piggaz's car. Sounds good, goes good, stops good!

Given how similar our setups are it was awesome to see/feel the difference The difference in bottom end torque is so obvious, he has THE best clutch though :D

1k is a reasonable price once you factor in shipping and customs clearance fees.

there are lots of extra costs involved when exporting and importing an engine, anyone thats done it will know what I am talking about.

O....k.....

Have driven Piggaz's car. Sounds good, goes good, stops good!

Given how similar our setups are it was awesome to see/feel the difference The difference in bottom end torque is so obvious, he has THE best clutch though :D

Dont forget it was a stinking hot day with timing pulled out and running rich as shit. Just wait for the E85 tune.... (hopefully friday). You coming round to lend us a hand tomorrow?

Excuses aside.... Deep down I want a 3 litre. One thing i can't understand though Steve is you mentioned my throttle response was better... hmm?

Dont forget it was a stinking hot day with timing pulled out and running rich as shit. Just wait for the E85 tune.... (hopefully friday). You coming round to lend us a hand tomorrow?

Excuses aside.... Deep down I want a 3 litre. One thing i can't understand though Steve is you mentioned my throttle response was better... hmm?

Im down for tomorrow, gets the beers ready haha

Yep the throttle response in your car is crazy. Id love to know what your cooler and plenum would be like on my car - oh the endless spending...

Well I aint pulling that plenum off for you to try. Rather put a fire out on my face with a fork! The cooler has made a decent difference. Definately not as lethargic as it was.

We are starting at 8. So anytime after that. You remember the house?

Went and got all the fittings and hoses tonight.... My arse got raped!

• 7 years later...
On 09/11/2010 at 10:18 AM, dirtyRS4 said:

RIPS RB33 FTMFW. Its all been covered by Duncan in the stag section. lol

Interesting to know oz's fastest RB30s still use sohc. Pm Brad and pintaline for more info.

I believe the fastest rb30 in oz is vlgod and it's actually twin cam as far as I'm aware

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, Boostin' said:

I believe the fastest rb30 in oz is vlgod and it's actually twin cam as far as I'm aware

Boostin this thread is over 7 years old haha

• 3 weeks later...

Just a FYI, this car ended up with a HKS 2.8L and a gtx4294.. unfortunatly after afew years of abuse the engine seized and i haven't spoken to the owner since, was a tough combo none the less