SAU Community

Garrett Medium Frame Gtx Turbos

SimonR32

New tune today for the GTX3076, I have gone crazy with spring pressure running the maximum 26psi the 45mm turbosmart can take. It held boost well at 24-25 psi with no controller, and power came on smooth which should be good for grip.

I'm booked in for the Sandown trackday next Saturday so it was a conservative tune, not sure I need to crank it up at the moment anyway. ;)

looks a bit lazy.. :ph34r:

So the GTX35 Twin scroll set up went very well.. We ended up tunning it late last night as my tuner is going away, didnt touch cam gears at all.. and spent only 2 and abit hours on the dyno..

18PSI by 4000RPM, 424kw @ 20psi @7900RPM it just keeps making power up top tuner wants to clean up some fuel pump wiring before we do anything more.

dyno graph will be up when my tuners back from holidays and some more tuning & boost

Big thanks To GregR31 who built the motor & Chea at powertune these guys have been very helpful!

Edited by BMYHOE

hey guys after reading this thread i have become increadibly confused! aha

at the moment im in the process of getting a new turbo was going to go a GTX 3076 .82ar but after reading all thing not im not so sure!

i have 6boost mani, tial 44 waste gate, tomei poncams with exhaust gear and kept VVT, supporting fuel and ignition, power FC and greddy plenum

im hoping for around 400-500hp on around 20psi running on 98.with water meth injection.

what turbo would use recommend and wat spool rpms am i looking atm?

will be used for drift so im after a bit of responce with MINIMUM 400hp more some id be so happy with 450

hey guys after reading this thread i have become increadibly confused! aha

at the moment im in the process of getting a new turbo was going to go a GTX 3076 .82ar but after reading all thing not im not so sure!

i have 6boost mani, tial 44 waste gate, tomei poncams with exhaust gear and kept VVT, supporting fuel and ignition, power FC and greddy plenum

im hoping for around 400-500hp on around 20psi running on 98.with water meth injection.

what turbo would use recommend and wat spool rpms am i looking atm?

will be used for drift so im after a bit of responce with MINIMUM 400hp more some id be so happy with 450

My GTX3076 would be right at home on a drift track, over 4000rpm is drifting territory, i light them up like a V8, on a straight road in second and also in third at times, so if your going round a corner then it will be too easy..

I dont know if you need the exhaust gear, theres plenty up top without one..and the meth probably not as good as the ethanol i use.

this whole time ive been driving around boost has only been on 15psi - 352Kw LOL i thought i was driving around on 20psi 424Kw LOL

this thing is animal very happy with the set up

Edited by BMYHOE

My GTX3076 would be right at home on a drift track, over 4000rpm is drifting territory, i light them up like a V8, on a straight road in second and also in third at times, so if your going round a corner then it will be too easy..

I dont know if you need the exhaust gear, theres plenty up top without one..and the meth probably not as good as the ethanol i use.

although id love to use ethanol, its not an option at the moment. obviously chasing some good torque for drift especially trying to fry 255s in 3rd! and still very much want that agressive snappy power, would you suggest the gtx over the gt?

hmm.. just wanting to be able to easily slide around in 3rd and hav it hit like a freight train haha

I dont have experience with many turbos, but judging by the dyno graphs the gtx's really need ethanol and boost to worthwhile

id just copying mafia's build, with the gt3076 0.63 ( external better) and some water meth or ethanol.

Edited by SliverS2

If you're looking for a good turbo setup I think Dale_Fz1 has one for sale. Its a Garrett GT3076 with a HKS 0.82 rear housing. I think he's selling it with a ported standard manifold, dump pipe and intake pipe. Has about 4,000kms on it.

I know for a fact that his setup made 300rwkw easily on 18psi.

Maybe sell the HKS rear housing (would sell very easily) and get a 0.63 rear.

cheers for the feed back guys,

problem is i already have a 6boost external single scroll mani, running a tial 44. i have no chance of getting e85 at anystage in there near future :( ,i will be running possibly water meth at a later date so im thinking a standard GT3076.82 on 18-20psi and im hoping this should give me what im after??? then if i get the water meth it can only advance on this. also only wanting to buy brand new. just worried shes gonna run out of puff up top, i guess its not the hp im chasing although 400minimum, its the BIG NM i need to fry the tyres in 3rd... f**k so confusing now.

the tune shops r recommending the GTX35r or GTX3076 .82ar but are saying at 20psi the gtx30 will struggle to come on hard and make the power/nm im after :/