SAU Community

Garrett Medium Frame Gtx Turbos

SimonR32

This is confusing, spoke to a differnt tuner today, said if im using a power fc then ill have to use E85 in drums because unless i have haltech or similar where i can change the tune for varying tanks , like if they tune at 72ethanol and then i get a tank of 62% it will stuff my fuel mixture up.

also said i need to run 68psi fuel pressure with some power enterprise 800cc

can some confirm is this about right?

This is confusing, spoke to a differnt tuner today, said if im using a power fc then ill have to use E85 in drums because unless i have haltech or similar where i can change the tune for varying tanks , like if they tune at 72ethanol and then i get a tank of 62% it will stuff my fuel mixture up.

also said i need to run 68psi fuel pressure with some power enterprise 800cc

can some confirm is this about right?

Get a new tuner. I have run the stuff for over a year now both summer and winter blends.

If your tuner is tuning your engine to the edge of destruction to the point that a minor variance in ethanol content will harm your engine he's doin it wrong.

Either that or he's trying to sell you drums of e 85

that was just a tuner who i asked his opinion,

what is a good setup then ? what do i need to run the pump stuff?

Find an experienced ethanol tuner and take advice from him. Most good tuners have a databank of customers using e85 and have a good knowledge of what works on individual setups.

I chose my tuner based on his experience with alcohol based fuels, That and my engine builder trusts him and him alone to tune his builds.

Its a great feeling knowing you have someone you can trust dialling the numbers in to your hard earned outlay.

Find an experienced ethanol tuner and take advice from him. Most good tuners have a databank of customers using e85 and have a good knowledge of what works on individual setups.

I chose my tuner based on his experience with alcahol based fuels, That and my engine builder trusts him and him alone to tune his builds.

Its a great feeling knowing you have someone you can trust dialling the numbers in to your hard earned outlay.

This!!

I researched the tuner before the build, best choice i have ever made!

I chose my tuner based on his experience with alcahol based fuels, That and my engine builder trusts him and him alone to tune his builds.

can you tell me who you use to tune your car? pm if you like,

finding a good tuner is like finding an honest car salesman,

walk in and ask, so do you know much about ethanol tuning? "oh sure mate, do heaps of them!!" when you've left, " anyone seen that ethanol tuning maunal???" anyone?? lol

Edited by SliverS2

You need to get out more.

Caltex goodna

caltex springfield

caltex yamanto

Caltex goldcoast (suburb escapes me)

Caltex upper m Gravatt

All carry Eflex. I fill up at the yamanto outlet regularly and have used most of the others.

Plans are underway for a major increase in outlets, A new plant is being built in north qld right now.

Once completed you will see a major increase in the number of outlets.

I was only talking about the United servos though, I don't know why that means I need to get out more... :unsure:

So you have 6 outlets now, not bad. Considering both ethanol plants will be based in Queensland I would have thought you guys would get the major share of pumps though.

So Caltex have only stalled on fitting more pumps (down here) because they can't make it cheap enough yet?

On topic, GTX3076 tune is booked for Saturday. Not sure I should lean on it as hard this time, perhaps I should be happy with 350 for now on the stock VQ block. I don't want to have to rebuild it by myself again, it was big job.

Yep, the compressor was limited 341kw at 23psi with the 1.06 Tial, now trying the GTX3076 with 0.82 Tial knockoff. It lifted the head while strapped to the dyno a month back, made 330kw at 19psi before we stopped. The graphs looked identical at that point when he overlaid them.

I have replaced the head gaskets, fitted ARP L19 head studs, match ported the manifold and stuck it back in the car, hopefully it will all hold together for the tune but its run fine for a week now so i'm confident.

Yep, the compressor was limited 341kw at 23psi with the 1.06 Tial, now trying the GTX3076 with 0.82 Tial knockoff. It lifted the head while strapped to the dyno a month back, made 330kw at 19psi before we stopped. The graphs looked identical at that point when he overlaid them.

I have replaced the head gaskets, fitted ARP L19 head studs, match ported the manifold and stuck it back in the car, hopefully it will all hold together for the tune but its run fine for a week now so i'm confident.

hearing that you've gone gtx3076 is reassuring, cant wait to see your results and when boost comes on etc. :yes:

so if using E85 on stock bottem end , can you really safely reliably push into 340kw? or do you think your kind of gambling?

Edited by SliverS2

I chose my tuner based on his experience with alcohol based fuels, That and my engine builder trusts him and him alone to tune his builds.

i think ill give your tuner a go very soon, put a fire cracker up this gtx3076 ass!! wake up time i reckon... :yes: either that or rahhhhh bang!!!!!! lol

hearing that you've gone gtx3076 is reassuring, cant wait to see your results and when boost comes on etc. :yes:

so if using E85 on stock bottem end , can you really safely reliably push into 340kw? or do you think your kind of gambling?

No idea, no-one has pushed a VQ25det to anywhere near this as far as I know. The only comfort I have is results from a VQ30det in an R32 in the dyno thread, it ran 430kw/T04Z for a year before lifting the head.

I have a few spares, no big deal, but I would like to keep it in one piece if I can.

34geeteetee just got 360kw on a stock bottom end neo.

I think how it's driven will play a large part in the life of the engine. If you flog it all day everyday/track it a lot, it'll be shortened. If you drive it sensibly with the occasional squirt it'll probably last longer. But at that power you can't expect it to last forever so put aside money to rebuild/buy another stocker.

Edited by Mitcho_7

You mean a stock bottom end :)

People have run 400rwkw+ through them mate, it's all a question of how long they last.

Which is what we've been telling you in reply to a lot of your posts lately, seems to be missing in translation though :/

Has anyone tried a split t3 .82 gt/gtx3076 on a 6boost high mount manifold, single or twin gate setup?

I'd be keen to see some results of a setup like that on an rb25det

Yep, there is a guy on here now just tuned one on his 34 with twin gates etc... Not sure what the result is yet.....

360rwkw on my bottom end should be fine for a long while, it's a very safe tune... The 3037 was pretty much out of puff so we didn't push it any harder... In saying that Adam said I could opt for the 3082 if I got power hungry but 360 will be hard enough to put to the ground, any more than that is just wank factor I guess... Would have been nice to see what the GTX did in comparison as the turbo was the only limiting factor on my car

Yep, there is a guy on here now just tuned one on his 34 with twin gates etc... Not sure what the result is yet.....

Does he have a thread or anything? I think it'd be a nice responsive setup with plenty of top end

Nope, no thread... Ill send him a link to this thread and if he posts up the results you will see for yourself...

And Mark (SliverS2) have a look at the 300kw club and you will see the video of the dyno run mine had, i was pretty impressed! (wont link it here as i think most have seen it?)