SAU Community

Garrett Medium Frame Gtx Turbos

SimonR32

Very very nice boost/power curve, its on the verge of the magic 200kw by 4000rpm mark despite being not overly aggressive on boost :) Very much looking forward to seeing what ethanol does to the party!

The torque is ALWAYS going to drop off, unless the engine isn't being revved high enough :)

mine doesnt drop off much, i see alot of the hi flows have quick up down torque curves too,

Edited by SliverS2

Well it failed... looks like its to rich on cruise & decelatration...

Next EPA test is booked for 23Rd July..

oh well..

Hmmmm how does it work? Do they record it or you can keep going back again and again until it passes?

yeah you can go back as many time as you need.

the guy there was very helpful, they give you the print out of the test showing the nox,co,co2,thc levels so you know where the car is failing and where to change the tune

the guy was so helpfull there he marked on the graph where it was failing for the tuner to see and adjust to suit.

they even know i have an adjustable computer...

Ahhh good stuff, keep the updates coming :yes:

Is it an expensive exercise? And you can book in voluntarily? (If there is a webiste or something can you point me to it?)

the only extra costs would be making up an exhaust with 1 or 2 cats, a couple of hours on a dyno, and just go for it..

yeah its best to do it voluntarily they will see that and help you out.

just call RMS / EPA 137 247 and follow the instructions

the EPA test is for free also.

Yep, split .82 GT3076. 6 Boost, twin 40mm turbosmarts plumbed back into the 4.5 inch 100cpsi cat.

It sounds like such a nice setup, how hard/labor intensive was it to plumb back the gates and make the front pipe?

Yep, split .82 GT3076. 6 Boost, twin 40mm turbosmarts plumbed back into the 4.5 inch 100cpsi cat.

Here's hoping you crack 350 Owen. :)

:yes:

The way it makes the power will be awesome too!

It all had to be assembled on the bench and lifted into place. The front gate can't be unbolted with the turbo in the car and there is one turbo bolt that is almost impossible to get to. Other than that there is plenty of room. :)

It sounds like such a nice setup, how hard/labor intensive was it to plumb back the gates and make the front pipe?

Not that hard, there were two flex joins to fit before the cat/merge but it was getting the wastegate outlet merge right that took the time. I also got the 3.5 inch exhaust pipe tucked right up giving good clearance from the road, well over legal height at the moment.

I was happy with how it turned out, and the noise level with only a Hooker was very reasonable considering the size. (I was so impressed I fitted a hooker 3.5 inch to my car today.)

looks nice!

Is the rear housing from atp turbo?

The Vband was welded on to the housing, I haven't seen one like it before. I guess this one is equivalent to a .63 in response but with better top end.

The twin scroll is definently appealing due to the response it gives, but the tight fit/complexity of the dual wastegate plumbacks is slightly off putting and probably expensive to get made.

Top end wise it doesnt look too different to most gt3076r turbos with that boost, but i think the mid range would probably be better on the twin scroll setup

When is your setup getting on full boost 34geeteetee ?

Edited by Mitcho_7