SAU Community

Garrett Medium Frame Gtx Turbos

SimonR32

car went in with blocked fuel filter and some injector warning lights on dash.

made 431 when it went in and came out with 465 with same boost.

nothing else was changed.

Still don't have 500rwkw though? :whistling:

Anyway what happened to this?

im just gonna keep all my info / results to myself from now on.

Either way your initial 500rwkw result was wrong - as we all said - due to the IT sensor fudge & the fact you only ran a MPH to back ~430rwkw (funny on both accounts...)

Least now you can see/realise that for yourself (hopefully)

Still don't have 500rwkw though? :whistling:

Anyway what happened to this?

Either way your initial 500rwkw result was wrong - as we all said - due to the IT sensor fudge & the fact you only ran a MPH to back ~430rwkw (funny on both accounts...)

Least now you can see/realise that for yourself (hopefully)

Unfortunatly Nismoid im not a tunner and work with a dyno everyday so its hard for the regular joe blo to know what is right & what is wrong. I come on here to share results in the GTX thread as i know there are people keen to see results..

and i dont think you are one...

When someone goes to a tuner to have there car tuned how are they meant to know the calibration of the dyno and all the different varibles involved ?

I understand there was something going on different dyno's but how am i meant to know?

All i can do is post my result and get flamed by people like yourself.

We didn't flame you at all.

We simply said the power was probably a little high, and then when you ran the MPH you did, it proved what we said - then you were the one who became all agitated and agro about the situation. Not us.

You should take your own advice really, people here are keen to see results, but also at the same time people know what the results should be (and know when some unrealistic ones are posted). So when everyone does question it, as it wasn't just me, you should perhaps think "hey, maybe they are right and i need to learn/read/research some more", rather than having a hissy fit over being wrong and stating in various threads you were making 500rwkw - when - you were not :)

I'm not a tuner, but i do know what MPH you should have vs the power vs weight, such a thing that will never lie really.

• 2 years later...

Thanks Scott. Only reason I am going with the gtx35 is it cost me basically nothing. Has a .82 rear on it now. From what I've seen and read they spool up around the 4200 rpm mark. Will get my tuner to try and play with the vct to bring it on earlier on the neo engine. current set up spools up around the 38 to 4000 mark.

Geez mate still need a dozen other blokes to tell you what i told you via pm with that .63 housing?

It simply won't work. 4200 is still bit optimistic getting a 35R on song with a 2.5L. I don't think any amount of vct tinkering will bring it to life that early ;)

• 1 year later...

I checked them quickly and to be honest I'm not that excited. They seem to have made tremendous progress in moving the surge line to the left while keeping the choke line where it was or increasing it a little but the efficiency plummeted quite a bit.

my hunch is that they're primarily for V8 applications. hence they flow more, but with substantially worse efficiency at high pressure ratios (20psi+).. not as good for high boost small engines, especially ones on E85... and a reverse rotation option presumably for symmetric twin turbo setups.

Edited by Skepticism
  • Like 1

lol

i got excited as i looked at the garrett site with a flat phone and dull screen last night and mistook the turbine inducer for the exducer , then i looked again 

today and laughed.

What drugs are garrett on?, the GTX gen2 3582 is basically copying every xr6 turbo highflow from the last few yrs where everyone plonks the KTS 4R04 66.3/84 comp wheel

in it and claims it as there own special thing..

And the GTX3584 is much of the same as again...wheres the 65-66mm turbine it should have?, why cant they fit the 6.35mm shaft GT37 turbine to it..or even better

make a better version of that..

How the f**k you make 1000hp out of a 62mm turbine..lol..is it on a 1.5l motor on million pounds of boost ffs..

comp wheel doesnt even flow 100lb..lol

work out cheaper to buy your own parts and build you own garrett special..chinese will tool up for the gen2 soon enough

and  comp wheel will be on ebay ..lmao, you can already buy all the GTW comp wheels through KTS if you look at the catalogue...

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jet_r31 said:

What drugs are garrett on?, the GTX gen2 3582 is basically copying every xr6 turbo highflow from the last few yrs where everyone plonks the KTS 4R04 66.3/84 comp wheel

And the GTX3584 is much of the same as again...wheres the 65-66mm turbine it should have?, why cant they fit the 6.35mm shaft GT37 turbine to it..or even better

How the f**k you make 1000hp out of a 62mm turbine..lol..is it on a 1.5l motor on million pounds of boost ffs..

comp wheel doesnt even flow 100lb..lol

While my reactions were the same and I still ultimately agree with you (Garrett changing their hp "rating" standard to be more generous while kind of makes sense in the current climate seems VERY conveniently times), I have to add that I just discovered that the GT3584RS actually has some kind of new fancy turbine wheel which a/r for a/r flows a bit more and the 1.22a/r options flows a metric shittonne more than a normal 1.06a/r T3 housing.

That turbo could prove to be a bit more interesting, yet.