SAU Community

Engine Blown On Dyno

VSPECT

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which panel beater aaron?

Classic Panel's - Dandenong. Do not ever let them fix your car, tell your insurance that as well.

^^^ fark i would have lost my shit.....

Trent - Status - you used to fiddle with my black supra I used to have. remember I wanted to put Nos in it lol .. the same panel beater had fixed a panel on my supra.

a week or two later that engine went as well. n yeh i lost my shit. especially having no car for a good couple of months saving money

Coincidence?

I highly recommend never taking it there.

I'm fairly sure I would have given the panelbeater some DIY projects for the next couple of weeks :(

DIY? Man I would love too. but they're other peoples cars n these people didnt do anything.

summary? fix your own car. or get people that you know have a good rep at what they do. so ive learnt only one person in Australia can succesfully tune my car. thank god he lives in Dandenong lol

Edited by AaronNM35

Not other peoples cars, I'm not that irrational lol. I meant their building :down:

oh i would be happy to. but i kinda stormed into the place with about 6 boys. i'm pretty sure they'd know who did it lol

I knew some guys like this years back..worked a panel shop ,would come around every weekend with some hot car and flog the crap out of it..They soon went outta business then opened up another then went outta business again...

If anyone thinks it doesnt happen they are naive, never leave your car with anyone who doesn't have a rock solid reputation or at least your trust ,but trust no-one... ;)

Edited by Arthur T3

Lol this place apparently has a solid reputation on Sau neways. I would never take my car there though

the problem with forums is that you are only allowed to say where you have had good experiences and not bad, so you end up with somewhat poor advice in some cases.

To be honest and speaking from personal experience.

Give up and just move on with the car.

My experience; My dad reversed my car into a gate and shatterd my rear window. The panel beater in Dandenong had to fix it. dropped the car off to him, everything fine. no funny noises nothing, the car was serviced about two weeks prior.

Stupidly enough he tells me I can only pick up the car at 5pm(closing time) on a friday. (6days to repair a window?)

pick up the car, they left rapidly before me, and as I drive off i noticed my oil light came up and my turbo was blown.

I find a red P-plate in the car and see markings on the window showing where it was stuck. I have never been on my Red p's in this car.

I had my lawyer review the case, even with the pictures of an extra 130k's on the clock(i took pictures previous to giving them the car)

The lawyers, and three other mechanics said with a car its extremely hard for them to be proven guilty of"thrashing" or Neglect base on the previous modifications that are already in the car. as someone else said. Manafacturers make the car for a certain purpose/state/function. when you modify something, without an engineers certificate to say the mod is installed correctly, "you will have no leg to stand on."

i know having a blown turbo is different to a blown engine, but the car that i have, it cost me all up around $2500 to replace the turbo anyway. i was lucky to get away with not having to pay lawyer fee's as they are all family lawyers.

i wouldnt waste the time, effort, money, to persue something that you only have a 30% chance of winning. best bet is to contact consumer affairs at most. they'll tell you what they think of the matter. wont do much though.

oh its safe to say that I'm an Ombudsman so i do kinda deal with this conflict of interest crap. modified cars/law dont work well with eachother.

hope I helped.

Aaron

you let that shit slide?

i'd just gone in there and taken whatever the hell i wanted to the value of the damage.

unfortunately i've had to do it before :/

you let that shit slide?

i'd just gone in there and taken whatever the hell i wanted to the value of the damage.

unfortunately i've had to do it before :/

mm yeh kinda didnt care after it all i just wanted my car back on the road.

To be honest and speaking from personal experience.

Give up and just move on with the car.

My experience; My dad reversed my car into a gate and shatterd my rear window. The panel beater in Dandenong had to fix it. dropped the car off to him, everything fine. no funny noises nothing, the car was serviced about two weeks prior.

Stupidly enough he tells me I can only pick up the car at 5pm(closing time) on a friday. (6days to repair a window?)

pick up the car, they left rapidly before me, and as I drive off i noticed my oil light came up and my turbo was blown.

I find a red P-plate in the car and see markings on the window showing where it was stuck. I have never been on my Red p's in this car.

I had my lawyer review the case, even with the pictures of an extra 130k's on the clock(i took pictures previous to giving them the car)

The lawyers, and three other mechanics said with a car its extremely hard for them to be proven guilty of"thrashing" or Neglect base on the previous modifications that are already in the car. as someone else said. Manafacturers make the car for a certain purpose/state/function. when you modify something, without an engineers certificate to say the mod is installed correctly, "you will have no leg to stand on."

i know having a blown turbo is different to a blown engine, but the car that i have, it cost me all up around $2500 to replace the turbo anyway. i was lucky to get away with not having to pay lawyer fee's as they are all family lawyers.

i wouldnt waste the time, effort, money, to persue something that you only have a 30% chance of winning. best bet is to contact consumer affairs at most. they'll tell you what they think of the matter. wont do much though.

oh its safe to say that I'm an Ombudsman so i do kinda deal with this conflict of interest crap. modified cars/law dont work well with eachother.

hope I helped.

Aaron

From a Christian perspective, one can do one of two things - hmmm, maybe more than two if I were lucid enough.

1) to move on as you've done and just pray for them, knowing that your experience serves some salient lessons.

or...

2) to offer the boss and the P-plater a bible each, ask them if they can sleep straight in bed; hmmm, maybe even come to church with you...

:upon rejecting such an offer, you (and friends), picket the place until they get the rude awakening that your pickets are bad for their business > they'll want to make peace with you > compensate you.

Subjectively, I carry a baseball bat.

Objectively, God carries the baseball bat.

When I got my car tuned the first time, it broke a RIGHT HAND drive shaft during their test drive. Without charge they jacked it up back at the shop and spend a deal of time trying to find the cause of the issue. (Engine mounts)

However, what broke the mounts? Since (when it came back) then the car dragged to one side and the wheel was out of alignment. As soon as I left I noticed it and turned around and went back to complain. The LEFT HAND tierod is stuffed.

So, I tried to picture what happened: He possibly floored out of a U-Turn and hit the gutter with my front left wheel, stuffing the tie rod, breaking an already possibly weak engine mount, and breaking the shaft. Because the broken shaft and tierods are on opposite sides, and it was only on the dyno for 4 hours, the whole time under my supervision. (IE: They didn't have it for days, I came and left with the car on the same day.) There is no point trying to make a claim though, but do tierods go from tight, to loose (and needing replacement) after a 10km drive without colliding with something? While at the same time breaking a mount and drive shaft?

Sorry but claiming this kind of thing won't happen. I suggest to ALL who love their cars, to be there when it's worked on/ran on dyno. If you're possibly going to lose an engine worth $30k+ in one day, it's worth that day off work to communicate and deal with the tuner.

Now although most tuners would already check themselves, but did your friend/you mention that it's running stock injectors etc? Communication is PARAMOUNT. My tuner had an issue, and instead of spending 20 mins chasing it down, he asked me a simply question (which I could answer) and he had the problem fixed in 30 seconds.

Communicate, ask questions. Get lots of printouts from the dyno, with HP/KW/Torque/RPM/AFR/Timing/etc etc etc. Really, a good tuner would give you these things to protect his ass. "Yes the AFR's were safe when it left, and you can see the dyno settings we used, etc"

Sorry for the loss, but use this as a platform to learn.

Edited by GTRPowa