SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

sigh got rolled today, went and picked up my pipework, with the bov adaptor welded in place... well wasnt that a mistake to take it to someone who i normally dont get to do my work. they totally f#$%ed the whole job. i sent an intercooler pipe with a genuine turbosmart bov adaptor to suit the stock rb25 crossover pipe, told them to cut the base plate off, or trim it up and weld it on. Now you would think, trim it up would mean keep it neat, cut it in a circle u know, using your common sense, along with drilling the hole out to suit the 32mm I/D or the adaptor, well didnt i get a shock. The welding is terrible, looks like a pile of bird shit, they didnt tidy it up by cutting the base plate into a nice circle, just lopped a bit off each end, and then to make it worse, the hole in the pipe iteslf was only 20MM seriously WTF. Luckily i have a die grinder and fixed it up, but the welding makes the whole job look like a piece of sh1t. It will get me out of trouble for the tune, but now i have 2 get it done again.

ROFL at this work from a stainless steel and aluminium fabrication shop.

SAM_0536.JPG

Edited by OMY31T

nah $30 is all i paid em, 30 mins labour... power steering and my charcoal canister have been relocated to the firewall on the passengers side.

SAM_0456.JPG

and all my wiring on that side is under the guard

SAM_0454.JPG

so all i have left is

SAM_0455.JPG

should be, but when i drive it almost everyday still.. well when its tuned i will be, you tend to get pulled over a fair bit and id like to try and avoid the EPA as much as i can hahaha.

and nah the lines run along the chassis rail then come up with the aircon pipes which they are cable tied to :D im not that silly, although i might heat shield them anyway, wouldnt hurt, im going to be doing the brake line on that side, last thing i need is boiled brake fluid, happend to my cousin in his rx7, ran a 10.4 1/4 mile and couldnt stop intime for the 1st off shoot, had 2 run all the way down to the end of the strip.

Edited by OMY31T

The astonishment in amazing results never ends!

When is someone going to try an internally wastegated one on the factory manfiold???

should be, but when i drive it almost everyday still.. well when its tuned i will be, you tend to get pulled over a fair bit and id like to try and avoid the EPA as much as i can hahaha.

with that setup the carbon canister is the least of you worries... TMU will see that engine bay and then cry with tears of joy....

When is someone going to try an internally wastegated one on the factory manfiold???

Apparently the internal gate versions are average, much more cost effective and easier to use a hyper gear unit.

Can anyone tell me the chances of being able to fit one on a lowmount hks manifold? Or will the housing foul on the engine mount?

most of my shit is legal though defect wise, but no way in hell will i pass EPA... i have another setup for the intake pipe which will bolt up to an airbox :D, so that will make the fmic legal, the exhuast manifold as far a i know is legal as its no different to a set of extractors in theory, my wastegate i plumbed into the exhaust, my ECU is hidden, and my injectors are highflowed so they dont stand out like dogs nuts.. so apart from being unsure about the wastegate, oh and i have no boost adjuster, i dont actually know what will fail defect wise. As i said though EPA will have a field day on it.. punched out cat, one muffler, injectors, ecu... lol, no hope.

Do you ever want that valve to open? The way you have that plumbed it will always have pressure ontop of the piston.

lol its plumbed up fine champ

actually, hes right, after looking at it.. lol stupid me, the bov has to plumbed back to the plenum(vacuum when the throttle is shut) otherwise it wont have vacuum to open it and will stay pressurised lol, i honestly didnt even pay attention to that when i put it in last night.

Edited by OMY31T

actually, its the line pos pressure line to my external gate i dont have a controller for it.

i still cant believe i did that, oh well, ill fix it up monday, i have some hose laying around.

One for Simon, how do u find the t67 vs your old t04z? I would love to know.

Kinugawa T67 on stock RB25: 1bar in 4th at 3500rpm and 480rwhp on E42.5 mix

Garrett T04Z on built RB26 with cams: 1bar in 4th 4000rpm and 575rwhp on BP98

Can't really compare them because they are on different fuels, with different motors in different cars...

They both are about as quick as each other (although the GTR would monster the Gts-t in 1st, 2nd and probably 3rd on the street because of the 4WD grip) but the Gts-t is a lot lighter so that makes up for the lack on outright power.

Really it's apples with oranges, T04Z will make 150hp more than the T67 :)