SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

even with all the issues its looking good man.. :thumbsup:

Ed..just realize you tuned on eflex, Im hoping to make that power on PULP at around 18psi..

just wondering did u use the water lines from the kit and just join them up to some rubber hose as well...its a dodgey setup and i had a time actually getting the fittings to stay tight on the turbo..Im hoping heat will maybe fuse them in place somehow..lol

I always use braided lines, i remove the standard metal part of the coolant pipe from around the back of the head, cut it and get a fitting brazed on. Then i can connect my braided line to it and then refit the metal pipe back into the stock rubber hose behind the head.

This way has always worked well on rb25's but rb20's have a 2 metal brackets behind the head and can be extremely hard to remove

That's an awesome result man. Once you get a decent sized gate on it and wind some boost in youll be laughing.

I think most of these guys havent realised that the turbo should be nowhere near its peak efficiency yet. Not using VCT would be a total bummer and robbing you of response, your boosting it between 11 and 15 psi when they want over 18 to even roll out of bed and your using a mainline dyno which tend to be heart breakers in terms of power.

I think on the right boost it would easily match those figures on 98, given the above. You should have pioneered a 98 tune before you hit teh flexxx. Im about to SMS you too.

Nice result, though the max flow a 20G will give is not a lot over 18psi - I'd not be too surprised if the turbo starts getting way out of efficiency trying to push more boost than that on an RB25, no doubt the E70 will give a bit of headroom for making some more power despite that though. If you've seen cars make more going higher its probably more than the engines need the boost, than the 20G itself.

Will be very interesting to see how it goes with the boost wound up a bit more and the misfire solved, there should be a fair bit more than that to be got yet :)

VCT is disabled in my car so hopefully it doesn't kill too much response.

full boost by 4000-43000 is acceptable :D

very good results so far Jez, i am assured i made the right turbo choice.

i rekon at 20psi, ill pull around 280rwkw and i'll be happy.

try with a lower PSI spring and a better boost controller.

i had this issue with boost not holding on a 38mm turbosmart, installed the 7psi and EBC and all was sweet.

Ebc is Probably needed but its a very low budget car just to show with the right choices what results can be made.

Lithium u are probably right, tho im gonna try 18-20psi anyway :D

Even before i tuned this car properly i could tell by testing it at home that this turbo and combo was impressive. For it to light 3rd gear up without full throttle i was very impressed

SimonR32...care to step in and help out with the wheelspin in 3rd gear AWESOMENESS :)

Great result. Hurry up and give the thing a belly full of boost as I am curious to see what the 20G compressor can flow on E70

Fixed

Thats what this car is built for. Skids

Haha Roy, you are onto it :)

DVS JEZ have a look at my build thread about subframe alignment play around to get power down better.

I think this is a average result but shows a lot of potential when the boost and misfire are fixed... I'm tipping 325rwkw with 15psi in 4th gear on the road at 3200rpm :thumbsup:

Nice. Ill get the vtc sorted too. This car isnt going to be registered so its abit hard to do any on road testing. Ill post up some vids from thursday trackday.

I have a R32 GTR rear cradle but i cant be stuffed to fit it with offset bushes etc. Just wanna drive it.

Great result so far, looking very interesting. My SS1 made 244rwkw on 98 fuel and 279rwkw on Caltex Eflex so everyone can get a rough idea that it would be around 250rwkw on 98 fuel in its current setup. Keen to see what it does with everything sorted!