SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Spray the top side of the heat shield, might make it looks a bit better without the rust...

Apart from that looks like a tidy install :)

Agreed, it made mine look a lot better. Just black heat proof paint and i used some stainless allen key bolts because i'm a ricer.

Work in progress shot when i was fitting the 3071

DSC00376.jpg

Dori what paint is that man? I want to do my cooler pipes in a similar finish.

If anyone is interested my 10:1cr SR made 200.5kw @ 13.3psi on the mainline today, running a GT2860RS disco and failed VCT. Generally those turbos do 220 if everything is good, considering im using the stock AFM with a 40mm ID and the compression of the motor (dont forget its on a mainline) Im pretty happy with that.

Soon to find out how it drives when I pick it up from Jez.

DSC00376.jpg

Christ, I was hoping i would be able to squeeze in a std airbox with the high mount. Looking at that pic there is no chance.

Bugger pickling. Isnt even buying it a ball ache these days? Just linish the thing and remove any evidence of the weld. If you do the tig weld neat enough you only really need a bit of scothbrite. This is my gay ass old setup and the TB pipe was pretty quick and easy out of some stainless left over from work, a quick rub with some IPA and green scothbrite and you cant pick the welds

462After_Engine_Pic.jpg

my intakes all aluminium..hence all the lobster, the weight savings are enormous

as for the gate pipe, we didnt have any mandrel 2 inch and didnt care

I dont mind cause when I put it all together you cant see shit anyways..

31012012380.jpg

yeah thats right, I still have my stock snorkel bitches.... :nyaanyaa:

unfortunately though my crossover pipe is like 1mm thick rubbsih aluminium, welds sure to snap oneday..

Just need a cover for the gate and dumps now...prolly give some of that heat shield shit a go too..or maybe just some aluminum plate i dunno..

Hey Roy your gay ass old setup looks alright man Love that TB pipe..whats the dud pipe on the intake with a cap on it??

But wait... No CAI box, Isn't that illegal...You'll be sucking in hot air man, this may cause you to lose power and stuff.

Arent you handicapped enough with an RB20 :whistling: .

Hey Roy your gay ass old setup looks alright man Love that TB pipe..whats the dud pipe on the intake with a cap on it??

But wait... No CAI box, Isn't that illegal...You'll be sucking in hot air man, this may cause you to lose power and stuff.

Arent you handicapped enough with an RB20 :whistling: .

Man, your engine bay in MINT! I love it.

The dud pipe/cap is where the Greddy kit returns its BOV too. It has since been cut off and welded up. . The other pipe with hose in it is where my catch can plumbs back to on the street. The car once had a shroud over the filter, but it was pretty shit and when it went missing at the mechanics I never missed it or bothered to replace it. That was 2004 :) There are a two ducts (grey corrugated pipe you can just see in the pic) that duct air to the filter. Its still crap, but meh. When i finally get my radiator setup I will fix all the inlet piping

The crossover pipe is gay because I was a tight ass and used leftover tubing from a pharamceutical project I was working on. It didnt have material certificates so couldn't be used...so i grabbed it for the right price: FREE :) Problem is its 1.6mm thick 316L so far heavier then ideal. But a breeze to weld

:thanks:

Something like this this stuff yeah..cant be too hard to mount it..

http://www.thermalvelocity.com.au/Heat-Shields/Vulcan-Heat-Shield-/p-113-475/

Spray the top side of the heat shield, might make it looks a bit better without the rust...

Apart from that looks like a tidy install :)

Black Caliper paint comes up real good, needs no base coat..Did mine the other day..

Dori what paint is that man? I want to do my cooler pipes in a similar finish.

If anyone is interested my 10:1cr SR made 200.5kw @ 13.3psi on the mainline today, running a GT2860RS disco and failed VCT. Generally those turbos do 220 if everything is good, considering im using the stock AFM with a 40mm ID and the compression of the motor (dont forget its on a mainline) Im pretty happy with that.

Soon to find out how it drives when I pick it up from Jez.

Hope u have a safe drive home in the rain dude.

in gate vs ext gate td06l2

int gate 18psi ext gate 17psi

th_2012-01-301934201.jpg

td06sh-25g on sr22 (nistune) low and high boost (red run is 14 sec pull so its artificially responsive) it was done to make sure det was 3-4degrees off regardless of load.

th_2012-01-30193715.jpg

GTScott, i used 3M heatproof paint.

im gonna go over it in matt black as i prefer that over the current finish.

car is rock and rolling, tune is booked for the 27th Feb.

will have results 1st wk of March.