SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

I doubt the 25g is out of flow, I did go an extra 30kw more than that. I would be pointing toward the cam timing being a bit shonky like most RB30's... There is no way that should dive like that after 5000rpm and when I have seen them do it in the past it's because the cam timing isn't set correctly

EDIT: I didn't realise it was a shitty R32 RB25 head, so that is probably more the reason :whistling:

Isnt there a difference in the fuels you are both running? Are you really making 30rwkws more then him? I have seen a few well setup R32 RB25 heads make great power. Its not the head as much as I understand it to be what is basically an RB20 inlet plenum. I know even at 270rwkws and RB20 that my thing now holds power far better after 7,000rpm with a new plenum. At 8,000rpm I make something like 30rwkws more. I do lose power through the mid-4,500rpm though

.... why do you persist??

Its in the car, I barely touch it and its reliable. In the 9 years I have been running the TD06 setup, I have tried cams which cost me about $800 all up after I sold them. I tried the plazmaman plenum which is about a 1.5k waste but something that did give me potential for more top end on the RB24. And I swapped the Greddy setup for a 6boost as part of a refresh after 6 years of fun with my setup. So all up have maybe spent ~3k on the RB20 after the TD06 was installed. To me thats not bad value for a setup as old as it is that has been tweaked to see if there is anymore in it.

The Greddy turbo has been healthy for about 70,000kms as well and 9 years. I have been away for about 2 years of it so more like 7 years of use

I have never felt it justified to go and spend a packet in one hit to do anything to another bigger RB. Its not like I have spent a lot of money on this one. It cost me $600...I have seriously spent more on oil changes and tracking it then I have on the motor and any farting assing about. :thumbsup: But I do buy bits when they are cheap for my standby engine in case something should happen to the RB20.

In the meantime its the cheapest way I can get to the track. The main reason I persist is I have had the car in this basic state since 2003. If I go and do major changes then all of a sudden its not as much fun if I go to the track and go quicker. Running the same basic car at the track is loads of fun. Same basic car means you chip away at PBs and when you go quicker you are stoked. You go slower and its frustrating but twice as rewarding when you are out there next and for a variety of reasons you beat your PB with the same basic car. I have improved out of sight as a driver, and truth is still need to improve a hell of a lot to even exploit the pace currently in the car with the RB20.

Once I have done a 12 flat qtr. A 1:19.xx at Sandown. A 1:34.xx at Winton and a 1:47.xx at PI then I will may pull the RB20 out. Until then it stays as long as its healthy

grabs some popcorn and watch gtscott & rondofj battle it out

Sorry to disappoint, said my peace.

That dirty30 looks freaking insane though... Wish I owned that!

Its in the car, I barely touch it and its reliable.

Once I have done a 12 flat qtr. A 1:19.xx at Sandown. A 1:34.xx at Winton and a 1:47.xx at PI then I will may pull the RB20 out. Until then it stays as long as its healthy

Yeah this is a good point, if its working why change it. If for any reason you do need to pull it out though I wouldn't hesitate to get a cheap 25 det block and put that in.

...If for any reason you do need to pull it out though I wouldn't hesitate to get a cheap 25 det block and put that in.

Except that its my motto that "People who put RB25s into R32s are the sort of people that would sleep with a mate's girlfriend. She may be an OK sort but you go there because she is easy. At least with an RB26 you have the excuse that she is a great sort but often warned off because of the associated price tag" :thumbsup:

"R32 owners still with the RB20 are the loyal guys who adopt other peoples abandoned dogs from the RSPCA and cherish those 10yr old thongs and hat as they think it gives them character" >_<

Have to say but the 20 in my opinion sounds the best

I agree, don't know if its the revs or me having flashbacks of watching the R31's race as a kid, but 9 times out of 10, the 20's are the nicest sounding of the RB's..

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

I agree, don't know if its the revs or me having flashbacks of watching the R31's race as a kid, but 9 times out of 10, the 20's are the nicest sounding of the RB's..

cheers

darren

Oh SOUNDS the best.

Shit yes, rb20 is hands down the best sounding RB there is imo.

Yes, I think all RB owners wish their cars sounding like this...

Cars are an individual thing. You have to be able to laugh about the folly of modifying any car and best to keep your sense of humour. Build them for yourself and you will never be unhappy and you wont honestly give a f**k what other people thing about it :thumbsup:

I think it starts life out as a TO4E. But the turbo is pretty customised. A friend has a restored R31 Gibson car, complete with spare blocks, heads, gearboxes...tasty stuff. They make about 300rwkws depending on boost. The turbo isnt std GTS-R. Just like the RS500s, they started life as a T04...but then... :whistling:

you will shit in a 12.... a customer just ran 11.1 with slipping clutch and he makes just over 300. Honest 10's in it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150516676036519

Build them for yourself and you will never be unhappy and you wont honestly give a f**k what other people thing about it :thumbsup:

bingo.. fight the war... f**k the norm.

Yeh I ran a 12.9 with only 14psi as any more and my ignition broke down due to the std coil packs I had at the time. That was on RE55s so pretty decent tyres but I am a hack and scared to launch with the std gearbox so was only getting 2.2sec 60ft times. Will go back one day with 20psi and when I have a reasonable set of tyres and I am ready to lunch my 205,000km old std gearbox :)

Yeh I ran a 12.9 with only 14psi as any more and my ignition broke down due to the std coil packs I had at the time. That was on RE55s so pretty decent tyres but I am a hack and scared to launch with the std gearbox so was only getting 2.2sec 60ft times. Will go back one day with 20psi and when I have a reasonable set of tyres and I am ready to lunch my 205,000km old std gearbox :)

Be a men, do da right fing. Launch that sucker lol