SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

Looking at SR20s running T518Zs there arent too many making 260rwkws on pump?!?! 240-250 seems more the norm.

230-240 is about right for the T518z on pump. Like you say 260 is a pipe dream :P

i just had issacs S15 come from racepace where it made 250, it made 239 on mine.. pretty direct comparo i reckon.

Thats great to know for the sake of the charts you are posting.

You must be kidding if all you want is 260kw from an 18g on E85 lol...... Trent has already said 280 on a 10cm in this thread, and I think he was referring to 98 ron.

Also, my car makes 275 on United 100RON, simply cant take the ignition of that tune if I run 98 so it drops to 260rwks on 98. I personally dont like my chances of the same tuner, using the same dyno going to a smaller turbo from the same manufacturer and making the same power. I stop increasing boost when it stops making power. I get more mid torque with a few more psi but at 19-20psi there isn't much more to be had. I mention that as well to highlight its not going to be likely that I simply run a bit more boost on the smaller turbo to make the same power.

I really don't know how much peak power I am going to lose going to the TD05H-18G....but I feel I may only get back to my 20G power figure with a 50/50 E85. Would love to be the idiot who has got it all wrong and am now going to make the same power with a TD05H-18G as I do with a TD06-20G (Both 8cm housings) :whistling:

Trent I recall you saying T518Z is 240-260 on 8cm and 260-280 for 10cm........ Has this since become a pipe dream? lol

I have only seen the one result with a T518Z 10cm on an SR20 so basing a conclusion on one car is pretty dangerous...but it appeared to offer less power than a 20G but with the same lag. So why not run a 20G and have the same drivability and make more power? I suspect that only finding one result which wasnt encouraging is the reason there are not plenty of cars out there running such a setup?!?!?! It simply doesnt work well?!?!?! >_<

I ended up going 8cm on my TD05-18G as you cant be all things for all occasions. I accept that if you go to a TD05-18G then you are going to gain response and lose power. Going to smaller turbine/compressors for response then putting bigger housings on them to make power doesnt seem to work as good in practice as it may in theory.

Going to smaller turbine/compressors for response then putting bigger housings on them to make power doesnt seem to work as good in practice as it may in theory.

Have to say I agree :(

Am now trying to source a .64 GT28 housing for my 28RS..... The whole element of rapid that I pursue is far from what I have

Trent I recall you saying T518Z is 240-260 on 8cm and 260-280 for 10cm........ Has this since become a pipe dream? lol

we are seeing less and less of the 8cm making over the 250 mark nowadays, whether it is fuel or combo related im not sure (i would rather under qoute and over deliver). Have just done a 10cm which was happy as larry @ 270 with easycams.

I have only seen the one result with a T518Z 10cm on an SR20 so basing a conclusion on one car is pretty dangerous...but it appeared to offer less power than a 20G but with the same lag. So why not run a 20G and have the same drivability and make more power? I suspect that only finding one result which wasnt encouraging is the reason

Yeah T518Z 10cm gives l2 type lag without the top end or mid range torque.

lol i'm still none the wiser about what to get :(.

Sorry mate, being a higher comp motor you will want something with some leeway.

While the L2 10cm will be fine, you may not hit the mark in terms of 300kw. Lately I have found 98ron has been letting me down on DE+T builds (ive done a few).

Be it myself wanting 300kw from a 25+T I would definitely look at a hypergear G3. It will make the said power goal and wont give you headroom issues in terms of restrictive housings or small compressors. Sometimes I find a higher comp motor to be more sensitive to wheel combos, but am pretty confident in the G3.

Plus the G3 is bolt up to stock manifold and off the shelf dump, no bloody external gates or anything of that sort :thumbsup:

Is it wise to throw a turbo on an NA motor that isnt running E85? Surely it makes more sense to just buy a thicker head gasket and set the CR to a more turbo friendly level?

Ive been running a DE+T for 3 years at 220-240 on the standard hypergear highflow with plenty of track, skidpan, drift and daily duties on 98 and its fine, Can be a little prone to detonation on a hot day and doesnt take much in the way of timing with 98 when you start trying to wind in some good boost (I can only run about 15-16psi) that could be due to the shitty OP6 rear housing choking it up though

If you are wanting 250+ I would highly reconmend going e85 or WMI to keep the temps down.. Ill get around to doing these things one day this year

Is it wise to throw a turbo on an NA motor that isnt running E85? Surely it makes more sense to just buy a thicker head gasket and set the CR to a more turbo friendly level?

My first ever DE+T build is into its 7th year of abuse. Cant say Ive ever used E85 on anything other than trying to fudge an emissions test lol.

Have since built 3 more, all going strong also. Meh?

Bet your spewing you didn't Refresh that s15 motor oh well mine now

lol you need to come around and grab it mayne, its here waiting for you. No regrets tho, my issues are in my big rear housing more than anything else. I need that casheeesh! But no rush its here when your ready