SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

hey guys, sil owner here!

i've read through most of this MASSIVE thread and loved it, I just have a question for some of the gurus.

If i don't sell my car, (sr20 s15 2871r etc etc), i plan on getting a td06sl2-20g. if i stay low mount then i don't have to worry about re-doing my pipework as it's similar to changing a 2871r to a 3071r t2 low mount where you can utilise the same pipework.

NOW, is it worth getting the low mount version of this turbo in the t2 footprint, because I imagine it's very similar to a 3071r t2 where it's quite restricted opposed to it's full 60 trim t3 brother.

Im looking for around 270kw and in my town of north qld our numbers seem to fall a little shorter than everyone online so i definitely want to make it. i have an external gate on my low mount manifold already with combination springs to hold 20psi so the gate problem isn't an issue, im more just worried about whether it's even worth getting that turbo in the t2 model and hitting my target. i am considering the 10cm housing as well as i have driven an sr with a .86 rear 30 series turbo and i honestly don't find it as awful as everyone makes it out to be and it might help to hit my target power area

i use the 3071r comparison because i haven't really looked much into the mitsubishi turbos before, and from what i read specification wise that's the closes comparison i can get to a garrett ie: 2871 similar to td05 3071 similar to td06-20g, 3076 similar to td06-25g

sorry if this seems all scrambled im hella tired!

peace sau XD

Edited by Mr. Pav

hey guys, sil owner here!

i've read through most of this MASSIVE thread and loved it, I just have a question for some of the gurus.

If i don't sell my car, (sr20 s15 2871r etc etc), i plan on getting a td06sl2-20g. if i stay low mount then i don't have to worry about re-doing my pipework as it's similar to changing a 2871r to a 3071r t2 low mount where you can utilise the same pipework.

NOW, is it worth getting the low mount version of this turbo in the t2 footprint, because I imagine it's very similar to a 3071r t2 where it's quite restricted opposed to it's full 60 trim t3 brother.

Im looking for around 270kw and in my town of north qld our numbers seem to fall a little shorter than everyone online so i definitely want to make it. i have an external gate on my low mount manifold already with combination springs to hold 20psi so the gate problem isn't an issue, im more just worried about whether it's even worth getting that turbo in the t2 model and hitting my target. i am considering the 10cm housing as well as i have driven an sr with a .86 rear 30 series turbo and i honestly don't find it as awful as everyone makes it out to be and it might help to hit my target power area

i use the 3071r comparison because i haven't really looked much into the mitsubishi turbos before, and from what i read specification wise that's the closes comparison i can get to a garrett ie: 2871 similar to td05 3071 similar to td06-20g, 3076 similar to td06-25g

sorry if this seems all scrambled im hella tired!

peace sau XD

Your abeautifulmind on NS arent you?

If so have you checked my comments there? I covered this info.

T2 will work just like T3 if they are both EX GATE and provided the manifold setup is the same.

was there ever any confirmation on whether the antisurge housings were the main cause of dori's power loss.

i found out they do a td06sl2-25g in a t2 form now in low mount but they only do it with the surge cover (unless i get a 4" one)

they can come in two different types of surge covers as well which is weird, one is like a machiend ring around the comp and one is just the ryobi drilled holes. considering i will have to get it in one of these two options.. i wonder which is the more effective... if any type of anti surge cover

well with the anti surge cover on it wouldn't make anymore power than i think 245 or 250 or something.

Jez tried multiple things to try and get it normal again but it wouldn't pull anymore power.

i'd probably say stick with the normal housings

There should be some of power loses having anti surge cover. also depending on how they were made, some Garrett 3076 and HKS 3037 comes with anti surge housings and they don't lose much of power.

I think majority of them do, i didnt suffer any power loss with the 3037 that i know of........ I still find it confusing why the Kando had issues with it, you said it fixed the surge though yeah Dori?

Well I wont be getting the oil line that was left out of my order (which seems to be a common occurrence after doing some research). Not a single reply from "Eiji" after weeks of emails and waiting.

Finally I lodged a PayPal dispute and kando_dynamics responded within minutes to PayPal as it was awarded in my favour, however kando_dynamics requested I sent everything back to them before I get the refund (at my expense). They obviously know that its not worth my while given the low cost of the kit! Stitched right up.

Luckily I'm only out of pocket a small amount as I just need to source another oil line, but it is pretty dodgy behaviour.

Ya i had issues- sent him coupla emails last week as I wanted to buy a TD06 but didnt hear from him at all so not buying the bloody thing haha. Going Garrett now, pay more for something thats well proven, but I still need to buy lines n gaskets from this Kandomaniac so bit worried there haha..

as an FYI to kando customers:

I bought another kando product this week and was concerned with postage as 'My Ebay' was not showing the item as shipped.

I emailed to receive an update and received a response same day which included a tracking number, which was also very courteous.

Service is still on par for me, products still great value.

Well that's good news. I've got one on order, got some feedback within 24hrs to indicate they were waiting on delivery of some rotating assembly components. Expected to build the unit and ship within 6 calendar days of the order being placed, which is still acceptable to me. Prompt communication is the key to good service.

Interested to handle, fit, and try the product after the positive comments by Trent on these things.

I sent an email at least 2 weeks ago via ebay regarding several products. No reply, not even a hint of recognition. Unfortunately, (imo) poor customer service looses the sale. I've had to go another avenue as I needed a turbo asap and even though I paid more, I got the service I was hoping to recieve.

Guess it's worked well for others though

Edited by Reflector

Greddy USA are having a pretty awesome sale for those interested, $750 for td05 18g td06 20g 8cm $900 something for use to look at anyways shipping is about $220 but still super cheap

Yo, Taylor, I'm real happy for you, Ima let you finish... But Kando have one of the best sales of all time. OF ALL TIME.

kanye-west.jpg