SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

he isnt a large mainstream tuner like ADVAN/CRD etc

but probems were out of his control unfortunately.

i did ask jez to finish off the tune but he couldn't do it for the price my tuner quoted to finish (but ended up getting a discount after his stuff up initially)

he reckons 270rwkw~ as i said i wanted 280+ but he is doubtful.

and he says his dyno is low reading one, we'll see when i visit Jez and run it on his dyno to see the differences.

Correct. U paid for 90% of the tune already. So best for u to pay 10% to finish off the tune then another tune with me.

I would have loved to tune ur car. But i didnt want u to spend more money than u already have

he isnt a large mainstream tuner like ADVAN/CRD etc

but probems were out of his control unfortunately.

i did ask jez to finish off the tune but he couldn't do it for the price my tuner quoted to finish (but ended up getting a discount after his stuff up initially)

he reckons 270rwkw~ as i said i wanted 280+ but he is doubtful.

and he says his dyno is low reading one, we'll see when i visit Jez and run it on his dyno to see the differences.

U tuning with Unique Autosports in Seven Hills? They do a lot of 300ZX TTs - wonder why those fairlady Zs are so underrated - apart from a difficult engine to work on and overheating issues, they are a stronger base and in the 2JZ category I would say.

U tuning with Unique Autosports in Seven Hills? They do a lot of 300ZX TTs - wonder why those fairlady Zs are so underrated - apart from a difficult engine to work on and overheating issues, they are a stronger base and in the 2JZ category I would say.

They don't overheat when taken care of lol.

They don't overheat when taken care of lol.

Another highly underrated power monster i would place in the same category would be the Mitsubishi 3000GT or GTO...

Another highly underrated power monster i would place in the same category would be the Mitsubishi 3000GT or GTO...

^^ they are buckets honestly gearbox made of butter.... poor handling and hell heavy.

Cheers. Engine bay needs work as I have never cleaned it up properly after the fire. Plus loads of other small jobs where I just dont have the time as I am always away with work. Like ripping the dash apart on the drive up to Sydney over Xmas because my phone charger stopped working. So I cracked the shits and ripped out the centre console :closedeyes: Farking old cars...if you try to keep them tidy it never ends :nyaanyaa:

internal road rage.

Im trying to get my head around the million different turbo's these guys offer, also im still deciding whether to go high mount or use the stock manifold. What im after is a responsive street car with a power goal of 270rwkw.

Low mount choice, Do i go a a TD06H-20G in a IW with 12cm rear or TD06H (also 12c) with the Garret 60-1 Comp? Also IW?

Will the 12cm rear be to laggy?

High mount options i was looking at, TD06L2-20G 10cm or the T67-25G 10cm rear?

Im not fussed high or low mount, just want the best response, while reaching my power goal.

Cheer's!

Im trying to get my head around the million different turbo's these guys offer, also im still deciding whether to go high mount or use the stock manifold. What im after is a responsive street car with a power goal of 270rwkw.

Low mount choice, Do i go a a TD06H-20G in a IW with 12cm rear or TD06H (also 12c) with the Garret 60-1 Comp? Also IW?

Will the 12cm rear be to laggy?

High mount options i was looking at, TD06L2-20G 10cm or the T67-25G 10cm rear?

Im not fussed high or low mount, just want the best response, while reaching my power goal.

Cheer's!

Hey mate, it definitely is a looonngggg thread with lots and lots of info, yet everything you want to know has been covered many times over.

Just to recap for you: we are only considering the TD06L2-20G 10cm or the T67-25G 10cm on an RB25 in all scenarios. The IW housings are a crap and arent stacking up even when trying to improve them.

You will need to run an external gate on an RB sized turbo, we recommend the tial 44mm gate as per SimonR32. If you are running a 4 banger you can go to the TD05H-18G in the SR20 spec housings, these do work and net around the 240kw mark.

For your goal of a zippy 270kw you should be looking at the TD06L2-20G 10cm with a small spacer and hung off the standard manifold. I recommend you hang the gate off the rear housing.

Alternatively, Hypergear has an excellent internal gate option called the SS1PU. It does not have the same 'scope' as the 20g (20g looks like it could be stretched to 300kw) but it does have the ZIP you are after.

Please have a read of this thread start to end, you will understand more than what you need to know to make an informed decision.

With those steampipe manifolds now available its definitely the way to go I agree :)

Hanging it off the stock manifold is for the UBER tightarse tho.. Like yourself Dave :thumbsup: lol

GTSCott, yeah thats him.

hes more known for his work on 1jz/2jz's.

so yet again, more problems...

his laptop fked up, he got a new one and it isn't compatible (or doesn't sync) to my haltech.

I would of thought haltach is compatible with windows xp/vista/7 but he says it won't sync, i just hope it isn't related to my ECU.

not very happy about this as it is all his fault. if only he tuned it properly from the beginning and is now causing a big inconvenience to me. so much for having it for 2 days only, except he rings me on Thursday saying his laptop failed, when i dropped it off on Tuesday. Just shows nothing was done until the Thursday.

nothing i can do now except wait...........

GTSCott, yeah thats him.

hes more known for his work on 1jz/2jz's.

so yet again, more problems...

his laptop fked up, he got a new one and it isn't compatible (or doesn't sync) to my haltech.

I would of thought haltach is compatible with windows xp/vista/7 but he says it won't sync, i just hope it isn't related to my ECU.

not very happy about this as it is all his fault. if only he tuned it properly from the beginning and is now causing a big inconvenience to me. so much for having it for 2 days only, except he rings me on Thursday saying his laptop failed, when i dropped it off on Tuesday. Just shows nothing was done until the Thursday.

nothing i can do now except wait...........

Mate, just ditch that incompetent tuner.. One problem after another. Time to move on. :action-smiley-069:

I'd get him to invoice for his time to date and move on. Doesn't sound like fun, id totally be pissed.

Then you can get son of rajab DVS JEZ to tune your Kando the great, and everyone's happy.

yeah that was the initial plan but since i already paid for 90% of the tune, its not really cost effective to spend another couple hundred to get it done when he is doing it for nearly nothing.

IMHO he owes you a refund. You have paid for more than you received and you cant have the car off the road forever waiting for him to resolve his own issues.

As much as its an unfortunate situation he should be willing to invoice for what he HAS done (not 90%) and refund the remainder.

If not 'do ma con cac i kill u' and see what he says then.