SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

How much boost pressure? Looks like around 1bar from the figure. The cas holding you back? And what exhaust manifold?

Just trying to gauge if one of these is a compariable replacement to the trust item.

20psi with the standard manifold. Yeah the car stopped making power in the top end , the CAS is possibly causing it. Also hoping for abit more out of it with a decent front mount

Cheers

Cheers.

Edited by TJR32GTS-T

That is a lot of boost. You should be Comfortably making 260-270 at those levels. Did Trent check the signal from the cas at high revs or it's more of a suspicion?

Sounds more to me like a restriction somewhere. Roy mentioned the 20 responds very well to headers earlier in the thread iirc. Time for the old power of deduction me thinks.

Edited by Wheezy

Just a suspicion mate,

The exhaust can be ruled out I think as it is 3inch straight through with no cat and 1 muffler. Any other ideas would be great, the car is off the road at the moment and I have time to play around with it so any suggestions I will take on board and sus out.

Would be great to crack 260-270 before I venture down the e85 path

Cheers - Trent

Edited by TJR32GTS-T

A load of the cheap intercoolers work perfectly fine. If you can borrow someones multimeter that has an RTD and slip it in under the solicon join before the throttle body and just see what the temperature is doing between dyno pulls...ditto if you can get some cheap mechanical boost gauges and measure out of the turbo and post intercooler.

Not sure if it's relivent but I changed the spark plugs the other day and noticed that the inside of one of the clips on the coil pack loom is non existent and a prong on the coil pack was bent possibly causing a shitty connection? ( got a replacement clip ready to be soldered in just haven't hot around to it yet)

Sorry for the noob question but what's the difference in measuring the boost out of the turbo compared to the plenum where my current boost gauge is running off?

Edited by TJR32GTS-T

I got a td0518g on my car on eflex and 20psi I made 253rwkw only thing holding me back from more boost is my injectors Sr20

I still took it to wsid yesterday to see what I can run best I could do was a

12.5 @121.7mph 60ft 2.3 hopefully I'll be back in a few weeks to try to crack a 11s these are awesome turbos for the price

Which wastegates are the majority of u guys running with these kandos- tial mvr 44mm/ turbosmart compgate 40mm?? Anyone running 38mm gates with success?? Talking about Boost range 18-22psi.

I got a td0518g on my car on eflex and 20psi I made 253rwkw only thing holding me back from more boost is my injectors Sr20

I still took it to wsid yesterday to see what I can run best I could do was a

12.5 @121.7mph 60ft 2.3 hopefully I'll be back in a few weeks to try to crack a 11s these are awesome turbos for the price

122mph with 253rwkw! Jesus, car must weigh less than a paperclip :thumbsup:

Either the car Is super light i doubt it as its full trim 180sx and my daily drove it straight there from work as is or the dyno must read low

I thought that cause when I made 231rwkw it was running 118mph trap speeds still did a 12.5 and alot of Silvia's had 250-60rwkw to get that trap speeds

Not sure if it's relivent but I changed the spark plugs the other day and noticed that the inside of one of the clips on the coil pack loom is non existent and a prong on the coil pack was bent possibly causing a shitty connection? ( got a replacement clip ready to be soldered in just haven't hot around to it yet)

Sorry for the noob question but what's the difference in measuring the boost out of the turbo compared to the plenum where my current boost gauge is running off?

I would be looking at coil packs / coil loom if you are getting actual spark break down. The CAS are usually all or nothing and Trent would have mentioned the timing being funny if the CAS was playing up. The curve looks ok, just on the low side.

Unless the timing has been pulled back to keep it safe whilst you sort out missfire / timing issues? That would make a LOT more sense based on the curve.

The only info that I remember being told is that the CAS may be an issue and that the front mount might be a restriction, he also mentioned that my timing belt might be out because he expected the car to be abit more responsive. I recently replaced my water pump and upon doing so checked the belt and it hasn't jumped any teeth.

I'm not to sure if the timing has been pulled back or not. As for missfiring issues the only time I have heard a miss is at really low rpm. I've wrapped my coil packs/ changed plugs and in the process of fixing the loom so I'll see if that has made a difference.

Thanks for the feedback guys

Which wastegates are the majority of u guys running with these kandos- tial mvr 44mm/ turbosmart compgate 40mm?? Anyone running 38mm gates with success?? Talking about Boost range 18-22psi.

I'm running a turbosmart comp gate40

I think we should have the dori dori's results today, am I right?

wrong, looking at getting it tomorrow i think.

there were some issues on the tuner side + hot sydney weather couldn't do much :(

Dori, if we don't see results tomorrow we will go and have a face to face with your tuner.. Seriously man, give it to DVS JEZ, he will sort you out in no time, a lot of those large workshops are a waste of time IMHO..except for Yavuz who is a gun tuner.

^ and you have first hand experience with them all? lol

in all seriousness, large shops (regardless of good or bad) are always busy with lots of work. a couple of days is hardly a poor effort.