SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Had my AFM die on me. Boosting up a hill the power just cut out completely, it would barely idle and wouldnt rev. Fortunately i managed to limp the car home by disconnecting the AFM.

Fearing an expensive replacement was on the cards i soaked the AFM with some contact cleaner, let it sit over night and then tired it out in the morning. Amazingly the engine started up great, idled perfect and drove fantastic. In fact its driving better then ever, i went on a 100km drive this arvo with a whole bunch of blasts of the throttle. Fuel consumption is better and revving feels a lot smoother.

I'd recommend giving your AFM a clean even if its functioning well. Next weekend i'll try cleaning the wife's V35 AFM which is working fine to see if it shows an improvement

wow, thats a great result! i tried cleaning mine also when one died. good to know that is worth trying

you should probably perform an ECU reset after the clean.

Awesome.......I wouldn't bother with a second hand rocker as mostly likely would have/will warp.....I am getting a few quotes on rockers covers now..... but this is money I would rather be spending on suspension or exhaust or on my race car......

Will report back with quotes

You only need the passenger side rocker too I assume, as that is the one that always seems to leak. Funny enough it seems to be the one that fails on VQ35's also, so not just turbo heat related. Post up the prices if you can...

I just organised some carpet mats to be custom made, 4 floor mats, hump with velcro and cargo floor mat. Good pricing on them too. I got them to supply some bitumen sandwiched flock sound deadening to be glued underneath the rear luggage mat, to try and get rid of the exhaust drone, and also they will cut out for the luggage hooks in the floor so they can be removed and bolted back in, hopefully holding the mat in place nicely.

They also supplied me with the bitumen/aluminium sheets to stick to the body under the plastic trays. Should make it almost silent in the back apparently.

I might ask them for a group buy price if anyone is interested in fitted mats...

You only need the passenger side rocker too I assume, as that is the one that always seems to leak. Funny enough it seems to be the one that fails on VQ35's also, so not just turbo heat related. Post up the prices if you can...

Should have prices this arvo, will advise. Yeah drivers side is fine.

I just organised some carpet mats to be custom made, 4 floor mats, hump with velcro and cargo floor mat. Good pricing on them too. I got them to supply some bitumen sandwiched flock sound deadening to be glued underneath the rear luggage mat, to try and get rid of the exhaust drone, and also they will cut out for the luggage hooks in the floor so they can be removed and bolted back in, hopefully holding the mat in place nicely.

They also supplied me with the bitumen/aluminium sheets to stick to the body under the plastic trays. Should make it almost silent in the back apparently.

I might ask them for a group buy price if anyone is interested in fitted mats...

Keen to hear a price on the cargo area mat Scotty!

yep i;m in :cheers:

Ok, I will get some pics of mine when done and ask them for pricing. There are many carpet types and options they can do for us, including stitching a patch with embroidered Stagea logo, but I was happy with plain grey.

Are they similar to the factory option ones in the way they go around the seats? Also will they have a hole to stop the drivers matt from moving?

Yep, they were originally copied off some imported mats I think but they now curve around all the floor bulges and the drivers one has the hole for the clip.

The rear cargo didn't go up the back of the seat as they couldn't work out how to hold it there. I didn't want the metal clamps I have seen on the JDM mats so I left mine as only the floor.

Edit: I did tell them they could drape it over the top and have the headrest bars go through it, they could possibly do that if you wanted but I would have to go and get my car remeasured for you.

$391.97 for a passenger side rocker cover ex-japan :wacko:

$391.97 for a passenger side rocker cover ex-japan :wacko:

Lol, yeah, that's not affordable. I haven't gone inside, but would taking the covers off, and getting some round seals cut and using a little sealant to bung it all back together?

Is that an option from people that have seen it?

Just bought a complete V35 coupe exhaust from headers to tips for the mid pipe. Had to buy the whole lot as he wouldn't separate but only cost $100. From fist look the V35 pipe is about 3mm smaller in diameter from my measurements, will confirm tomorrow. Also keen to see if the much smaller muffler will improve power/torque at all.

Yep, they were originally copied off some imported mats I think but they now curve around all the floor bulges and the drivers one has the hole for the clip.

The rear cargo didn't go up the back of the seat as they couldn't work out how to hold it there. I didn't want the metal clamps I have seen on the JDM mats so I left mine as only the floor.

Edit: I did tell them they could drape it over the top and have the headrest bars go through it, they could possibly do that if you wanted but I would have to go and get my car remeasured for you.

I'd prob just go with the floor matts, if I was to put anything in the boot it would be rubber so the dog can go in no worries :)

Marine carpet in the back is good for dogs. If they happen to spew on it - say after drinking half the ocean - it will hold it and you can just hose it off :)