SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Update: they're now claiming that incorrect coolant has caused both buildup in the radiator , and they don't cover warranty for corrosion...?!

Last time I checked, corrosion caused the opposite effect to buildup. Coolants used have been as per their rocommendation since the beginning.

They claimed that straight water came out of the radiator when they received, which we politely explained was due to me having to refill it to limp the car 8km to my mech after the car was towed home from the last Stagea cruise.

It's getting pretty frustrating now, but I'm adamant that we have done nothing wrong. The real pain is not having the beast on the road during the coldest part of the year!

Will update when things progress...

Wrong Coolant eh? What a coincidence...

Really? Where?

I couldn't find somewhere to put them that I liked.

Pics or it didn't happen :P

Lol, will put pics soon, sorry so excited to tell the world i forgot to put pics on :P

checked all fluids n gonna give it a revtune tonight to get it read to run the 1/4 mile tomorrow

Good luck with that. I hope you get a good time. Nay, I'm expecting you to get a good time (for a M35 anyways).

checked all fluids n gonna give it a revtune tonight to get it read to run the 1/4 mile tomorrow

I too wish you luck!

I'm going to take a punt. 13.2 at 114mph.

That's my guess.

Good luck buddy, still a few teething problems with mine, I'm not sure I want to hit 200kph on the new disks/pads, that and I had a couple of cooler clamps let go today. I will try to have it ready for the next one. :)

had 4 runs all of em shit haha. first run couldnt stall it up and get it on boost (same problem as every other run) and ran a 12.9 @106 which i was happy with first shot, every other run i missed a gear change or couldnt get it on boost so just went home. stalled it up on my street and it cam on straight away haha oh well

Very nice!

I did expect the MPH to be a bit higher with the power, but in 12s for a fat arse wagon is very impressive.

Any chance of a Vid?

We did 2x Cooling mod (yes Scott, heaps of pics for ya) and 1x plenum spacer today... hub bolts, spacers and wheels tonight or tomorrow

Plenum + spacer

P1000175r.jpg

Cooling Mod

P1000185r.jpg

P1000186r.jpg

Also meshed in that little opening in the timing chain cover

P1000167r.jpg

Why? Well this is what we found between the heads (under the runners) in a V35

P1000172r.jpg

Seems it can make for a nice warm little home for mice :/

had 4 runs all of em shit haha. first run couldnt stall it up and get it on boost (same problem as every other run) and ran a 12.9 @106 which i was happy with first shot, every other run i missed a gear change or couldnt get it on boost so just went home. stalled it up on my street and it cam on straight away haha oh well

Mate, enough with the excuses, lol. There's no need - that's a great time regardless. Good job :cheers:

Today I pulled the passenger side valve cover off. Getting pretty quick at removing the plenum, associated plumbing & wiring (it's my 3rd time afterall :( )

This time there's no sign of oil leaking past the gasket so I must have got it right last time. Afaik that only leaves the banjo oil line on top of the turbo as the culprit. Looks like the turbo's gotta come out again, & that's gonna take a lot longer :/

Sniff...makes me sad.

Edited by Commsman