SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Plus he'll be all set for the next person!

Yeah, if he makes the outlet (turbo inlet) the same size as the metal gasket opening, that won't cause a restriction for anyone running std turbo up to most (all?) high flows (std housing). He'll have covered 99% of M35s with that. If he's successful with a template & does a reasonable job for a reasonable price, then I think he'd sell a few if they truly are bolt on.

However, Scotty's doubts (clearance/clocking variations etc) are totally valid & I tend to share them. It remains to be seen if a viable product will come out of it. Either way you'll be right because yours will be done :thumbsup:

Drove my car for the first time in a month or more & it was breaking down / running rough. Sounds very much like it was missing a cylinder.

Denso Iridiums IKH22's still the preferred plug?

I've not changed my plugs since I've had the car so may even be the originals, but anyone want to suggest anything else worth looking at?

Drove my car for the first time in a month or more & it was breaking down / running rough. Sounds very much like it was missing a cylinder.

Denso Iridiums IKH22's still the preferred plug?

I've not changed my plugs since I've had the car so may even be the originals, but anyone want to suggest anything else worth looking at?

Throw some metho in the fuel tank for starters (groups any water together and will it burn in the engine) and maybe replace fuel filter.

I fitted a HDI EBC-R yesterday and a silicone intake pipe. Love the HDI. Excellent quality, very simple and works well. Brings boost on fast, doesn't overshoot and holds it in the top end.

post-58831-0-09065800-1350207131_thumb.jpg

post-58831-0-11299300-1350207139_thumb.jpg

Looks like HKS OB LINK and wired into the standard screen via a tablet PC maybe?

http://www.hks-power...link/index.html

Yep - OB Link and an android tablet - looks like the tablet wedged into the OEM pop up screen? LOL I can't tell

Unless its via mini HDMI > RCA video in into the headunit from a Android phone.

Tempting to try this with my 7" tab but I'm not ready to wreck my OEM display yet...

Edited by ironpaw

Ok now spill the beans!

Ok,

Duncbro is on the money. It's an OB-Link bluetoothed to an Android tablet which happens to be sitting in place of the factory screen.

The original plan was to remove the old screen & mount a 7" tablet in there that I could hook up to the OB-Link via BT.

Then I took the dash apart, measured up the innards of the screen cradle once the factory screen was removed & found i had 160mm to play with lengthwise & 95mm heightwise.

So I did a bit of searching around & there's no 7" tablet that would fit without interfering with the slider tracks that enable the cradle to retract back into the dash.

After a lot of research i found a 6" phablet (phone/tablet :woot: ) that would fit perfectly inside the cradle & still allow the home/menu/back buttons to be visible & able to be pressed.

I'll post some pics below of the innards of the cradle (I had the intention of taking heaps more pics, but as always, I got sidetracked & only took a small handful...sorry)

Now, I went for a pretty permanent solution here & glued the tablet to the inside of the cradle with polyeurethane - i could have made up some kind of elaborate bracket system inside there (the tablet is very thin compared to the factor screen) but i'd had about 5 beers by that stage, so glue seemed like a good option at the time.

The fit lengthwise was perfect. with the tablet sitting neatly in between the inside of the two slider channels, so snug in fact, it has no side to side movement whatsoever. Win.

There is a small gap on the top & bottom of the tablet however, but if it's centred up properly, it's not very noticable - unlike in my case, because i got impatient & wanted to put the car back together, i mounted it all up before the polyeurethane had set propertly & the tablet slid down a few mil, leaving a slightly bigger gap at the top than at the bottom.... my defence is that I'd had about 9 beers by that stage & it semed like a good idea at the time.

The only issues with mounting it all back in place were the location of the micro-USB port on the tablet - it sits dead centre in the middle of one of the slider channels, so I had to drill a hole in the channel & the tablet not gets its input externally through this hole when the cradle is in its raised position only - the cable has to be removed for it to slide back into the dash.

I also had to remove a spring-loaded locating peg which helps the cradle re-alighn itself if you try pushing it back down while it's tilted forward/back.... no big deal, it just means I have to be more careful to centre the cradle before I push it back in.

Pic below of the micro-USB to USB cable plugged into a cigarette lighter USB adapter for charging.

IMG_2125.jpg

The 2nd issue was the on/off button for the tablet - it's located on top, to the left of the cradle release button, which meant I had to drill a hole through the top of the cradle to access it & turn the unit on & off. I'll fix up a more permanent solution in the coming weeks in terms of a button that sits in the hole & actuates the power button on the tablet, but for now, I'm using a miniature screwdriver to poke into the hole & trun the power on/off when i need to. You can see the small hole in the cradle in the pic:

IMG_2121.jpg

Edited by Mr 20Valve

In case you're wondering, this is the tablet:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dapeng-i9800-6-Capacitive-Screen-Android-4-0-Dual-Sim-MTK6575-GPS-3G-Smartphone-/180947037207?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_PDAsAccessories_PDAs_JN&hash=item2a2148ac17

I got it for around $200 landed. It takes dual sim cards & a micro SD card - i've fitted a 32Gb micro-SD, but no sim cards... i've already got a smartphone & the sole purpose of this setup was to run the gauge cluster from the OB-Link, nothing more.

I must say, it does the job very well.

It probably does other things too, but I dont really give a shit. I've got a double din screen in the place of the factory headunit which has satnav, BT etc, so i dont really need the tablet for any of that.

And if you're wondering where I put my triple gauges from the dash, I put them here:

IMG_1647.jpg

and they were joined by a pair of 45mm gauges showing oil temp & oil pressure

IMG_2115.jpg

It's a pretty nice fit from those pics, be nice to be able to get rid of the buttons now though, can't have everything I guess.

i'm considering making a mould of the buttons below the screen & blanking it off, with the possibility of integrating a boost controller like an EVC6 or SBC i-Colour :ninja: