SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Fitted up a kakimoto R tonight. Thanks #@DaveM35 for the swap. Car sounds awesome.

Glad you like it mate! Thank you as well, I can't believe how quiet mine is now I forgot what a difference the old zorst made!

Nice to meet you Josh, can't wait to see the results after tuning

• Like 1

Cracked open the metal polish and put in some elbow grease, showed the Nismo some love.

Still my car for another couple weeks so it's gotta be shiny

post-98544-14051261598701_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

After doing an intake pipe for #@Brick, and a false start with a silicone upper reducer bend; I made him a blanking plug for the resonance chamber on the back of the OEM reducer bend.

Figured if I was doing one, I might as well do two... :whistling:

10544996_10152577957682392_1605917192_n.10515032_10152577957997392_1365672219_n.

I honestly don't know if it's the placebo effect at work but the car seemed more aggressive on boost.
Later, Josh rang me to let me know he'd fitted his, and that he was now apparently hitting boost cut; which it hadn't done prior to fitting.
There has been no change in AFM clipping on mine; it still skirts juuuust below the cut point.

Perhaps the reduced turbulence on the back of the bend is improving flow? Not sure.
The thing I did notice after I'd removed the resonance chamber, was that it had 1/4 teaspoon of incredibly fine dust inside; almost like talc.
Would be worth removing & emptying if you still run the chamber on yours.

• Like 1

I have done this on a few cars, it's nice having a lathe handy hey Dale. :P

I can't say I noticed a performance increase, the chamber is there to help smoothen any pulsation over the AFM hotwire, so it's probably just a voltage spike.

Always handy to have a lathe at your disposal mate, one of the (many) perks of the trade for sure. Even nicer to have some spare time to knock out a couple of simple jobs... :whistling:

Hadn't thought of the voltage spike; I wouldn't have expected the effect to be so pronounced TBH. It didn't change my expected AFM readings at all.

This is unrelated to thread but the exhaust clips got me geed up to post a vid of the TT Gallardo we did at work a couple months back

Stagea guys know cool and this is cool so thought I'd share.

First time linking to a vid and first time I've uploaded to YouTube so hope it works

• Like 1

This is unrelated to thread but the exhaust clips got me geed up to post a vid of the TT Gallardo we did at work a couple months back

Stagea guys know cool and this is cool so thought I'd share.

First time linking to a vid and first time I've uploaded to YouTube so hope it works

We can no longer be friends Dave.

So sad.

Got the Stagea back from the garage last weekend, after my AFM fault was cured. Had an electronic boost controller fitted with an AFR and boost gauge. Pretty pleased with the PLX gauge. Looks nice and very functional. I'll be fitting oil pressure/temp sensors to the gauge at some point too.

IMG_4331.JPG

IMG_4332.JPG

I also fit in the amp and sub in the boot but that is only a temp fit, held down in the boot with springs. Need to get a longer ground cable as the one I have is a little short. But I'll sort that when I get around to making a raised boot floor to cover the LPG kit which I plan to get fitted. I figure I'd be raising the boot floor by around 100mm, which then also gives me plenty of scope to build a number of compartments for tools and other bits.

I've finally added a stereo with Bluetooth capability to my car. It's another Alpine unit, but I decided I couldn't justify spending a massive wedge on a single-DIN stereo with touchscreen display if the BT tech was going to be old and unreliable. Alpine hadn't bothered to release anything new for that market in 2 or 3 years, and not many other brands either make something similar or something I like.

I used the opportunity to get some sound deadener put into all the doors too.

I've finally added a stereo with Bluetooth capability to my car. It's another Alpine unit, but I decided I couldn't justify spending a massive wedge on a single-DIN stereo with touchscreen display if the BT tech was going to be old and unreliable. Alpine hadn't bothered to release anything new for that market in 2 or 3 years, and not many other brands either make something similar or something I like.

I used the opportunity to get some sound deadener put into all the doors too.

Love Bluetooth in the car. CCS did the work?

Thinking about using them for a new alarm; they seem very thorough.

Got the boot struts re-gassed to 1200nm. Why didn't I do this sooner? $96 very well spent if you actually use the boot.

Got the boot struts re-gassed to 1200nm. Why didn't I do this sooner? $96 very well spent if you actually use the boot.

Did you remove & check the ball ends on the body when the struts were out?

About 2 weeks after I had mine regassed I snapped one off.

Very annoying.