SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

A little bit going on this week; had a new mirror painted to replace the damaged passenger side one (thanks Iain!); while I was at it also had my painter colour code the headlight eyebrows that I've had sitting in a drawer for almost a year now (thanks Mark!).

I don't mind the look, but I'm going to wait until after my mate details the car before I decide whether they're going on. This should be happening within the next few weeks.
Off to grab a new set of tyres later this week, and I'll finally be fitting my camber/toe bolts to minimise some of the rear tyre wear.

Also about time I did a diff oil change; not that impressed with my last LSD oil choice; does anyone have a recommendation?

I was either going to try the Nulon; http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Gear_and_Differential_Oils/Full_Synthetic_80W-140_Heavy_Duty_Limited_Slip_Differential_Oil/#.VAXOk_na7Lk

Or Castrol Syntrax Limited Slip 75W-140.

Any other oils I should be looking at?

I would use the Castrol, just because that's what I've been recommended through award gearbox.

They weren't very positive about the Nulon product, however that was more to do with how the product reacts to excessive heat. I've got some nulon in the open diff in the stagea, it hasn't blown up yet... Lol however I dumped it out of the 180.

• Like 1

What a bargain! Where from?

from fle bay mate. They are dirty as he'll need a good scrub down and condition but other than that all is perfect need a resistor on the passenger side seat for the airbag plug and just need to open up the seat belt buckle and shave down the inside latch as are seat belt cards are thicker than the 350z's then all is a charm heated switches work as does the electronic forward back adjustments just the up and down are now manual but no biggie. You score a nice little side pockets on the seat wich now catches my phone when I fall out my pocket, it use to just slide under the seat and would be a pita to find. ;-)
  • Like 2

from fle bay mate. They are dirty as he'll need a good scrub down and condition but other than that all is perfect need a resistor on the passenger side seat for the airbag plug and just need to open up the seat belt buckle and shave down the inside latch as are seat belt cards are thicker than the 350z's then all is a charm heated switches work as does the electronic forward back adjustments just the up and down are now manual but no biggie. You score a nice little side pockets on the seat wich now catches my phone when I fall out my pocket, it use to just slide under the seat and would be a pita to find. ;-)

My biggest question is "where are the damn pics!"

• Like 2

Mate very nice actually hold in in well wich was the main reason I wanted to try as with the stock seats if you take a corner fast and hard I'd end up on the passenger side 8-) the sit lower as well the passage is really low though to low infact so spacers are needed icon real the peddles perfectly just allowed a nice fit!

Got my car back on Friday after the exhaust wheel tried to make an escape a few weeks back.
post-128502-0-40750000-1410092384_thumb.jpg

Turbo was sent off to Hypergear for a Hiflow, just the smaller "G1" profile.
post-128502-0-48030200-1410092663_thumb.jpg

More bad news, exhaust was on it's way out. Cat in the dump was pretty stuffed and rust was starting to eat the rest (the rear section was pretty bad). So some presents from Scott were in order.
post-128502-0-97307100-1410093184_thumb.jpg

And a Blitz Nur Touring cat back to finish it. Selected mostly because of the time frame, it's nice and quiet which I wanted so it worked out nicely.
post-128502-0-79626700-1410093371_thumb.jpg

While it was in having this done I also had the cam cover gaskets done, the passenger side was pissing oil everywhere and apparently had a ton of sealant around it.

Big thanks goes to R&D Mechanical for doing the work, excellent work and very helpful. And a big thanks to Scott for fabricating the dump and front pipe and getting them too me very quickly and Stao at Hypergear for hiflowing the turbo.

• Like 4

Got my car back on Friday after the exhaust wheel tried to make an escape a few weeks back.

attachicon.gifbrokenturbo.jpg

Turbo was sent off to Hypergear for a Hiflow, just the smaller "G1" profile.

attachicon.gifexhaust.jpg

More bad news, exhaust was on it's way out. Cat in the dump was pretty stuffed and rust was starting to eat the rest (the rear section was pretty bad). So some presents from Scott were in order.

attachicon.gifdump-front.jpg

And a Blitz Nur Touring cat back to finish it. Selected mostly because of the time frame, it's nice and quiet which I wanted so it worked out nicely.

attachicon.gifCatback.jpg

While it was in having this done I also had the cam cover gaskets done, the passenger side was pissing oil everywhere and apparently had a ton of sealant around it.

Big thanks goes to R&D Mechanical for doing the work, excellent work and very helpful. And a big thanks to Scott for fabricating the dump and front pipe and getting them too me very quickly and Stao at Hypergear for hiflowing the turbo.

Good work! Dyno chart?

Did my second oil change on my PNM35 over the weekend, happy to say it hasn't used a single drop of oil in a bit over 3 months. That was Penrite HPR10 which I discovered had been rerated (wtf?) to a 10W50, so I found some 5W30 on sale over the weekend, I thought I'd try it and see if there's any noticeable difference in fuel economy or performance.

Meanwhile the Commodore only had 2.5 litres left in it over the same period and had spent most of that time sitting still...sigh.

Not much new with my stagea.

Decided to paint my wheels gloss black instead of satin black, which i thinks a lot better.

was also considering getting a new rear bar, was thinking dolphin but i dunno. i have a tow var for the stag as i use it to tow our bikes etc so unsure at the moment.

post-107907-0-70566600-1410131982_thumb.jpg

post-107907-0-97631200-1410132078_thumb.jpg

post-107907-0-08119400-1410132124_thumb.jpg

Had a life f**king moment when car wouldn't kick over this morning... Tried to start it twice but wouldn't happen.

Thought straight away to look at the battery and BAM!

2014-09-08080139_zpsc2cbebb5.jpg

So did the usual "stick ur finger in the hole", there isn't anymore water but it needs a serious clean in there.

Gave my headlights a bit of a restore with the Turtle Wax kit.

post-135423-0-37050600-1410435305_thumb.jpg

post-135423-0-80978000-1410435337_thumb.jpg

Now the cracks show up real good!

So I thought I would cover some up with my home made, sheet aluminium eyelids.

post-135423-0-66504800-1410435509_thumb.jpg

My 4 year old daughter says they make the car look cranky! Win!

Painted using Supercheap Auto's Colour Spec paint.

Not a bad match, might even have a go at my roo damage unless someone has a red front left door and fender they don't need?

• Like 2

Gave my headlights a bit of a restore with the Turtle Wax kit.

attachicon.gifHeadlight Before.jpg

attachicon.gifHeadlight After.jpg

Now the cracks show up real good!

So I thought I would cover some up with my home made, sheet aluminium eyelids.

attachicon.gifHeadlight eyelid.jpg

My 4 year old daughter says they make the car look cranky! Win!

Painted using Supercheap Auto's Colour Spec paint.

Not a bad match, might even have a go at my roo damage unless someone has a red front left door and fender they don't need?

feel like making some more eyelids mate? ;-)
  • Like 1

Well, hit the key in the Dayz and it started first kick. It has been a long haul since 8/12/2013 when she arrived on a trailer with a blown motor.

I have converted to RWD.

There are still a few things to get. A radiator and shroud. And a windscreen. They will come soon.

Can not explain how stoked my son and I were when it started first kick.

• Like 1

feel like making some more eyelids mate? ;-)

A bit too time consuming, might be a bit quicker second time around but don't think I could do them any cheaper than the plastic ones you can get.

Glad you like them though.