SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

post-94823-0-15349500-1411972212_thumb.jpgpost-94823-0-82692300-1411972279_thumb.jpgpost-94823-0-82924700-1411972300_thumb.jpgpost-94823-0-71147300-1411972322_thumb.jpgJust in the middle of installing my paddle shifter from a 350gt-8. I was not game enough to remove the steering wheel off/airbag, so I cut the paddles into halves to be able to fit the paddles around the steering wheel.

• Like 1

attachicon.gif20140613_225446.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000400.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000402.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000403.jpgJust in the middle of installing my paddle shifter from a 350gt-8. I was not game enough to remove the steering wheel off/airbag, so I cut the paddles into halves to be able to fit the paddles around the steering wheel.

How do you plan on attaching it? aren't the screw positions still behind the steering wheel?

Gave a bit of love to the old girl today.

Changed the clock spring to hopefully fix the airbag fault I've been getting, as in the thread I posted.

Secondly, got four new tyres on her. Same tyres I ordered from tyre rack last time- continental extreme contact DW. Can't fault them. Only a bad alignment prematurely killed a pair of them, so hopefully they'll be good for a good while to come. Got the two 1/2 decent ones as backups incase something goes bad.

How do you get them to work? Is there already a plug on the loom somewhere for it or do you have to run wires yourself?

I have to run wires to the centre console and splice into the transmission wiring by the lever. Use 2 relays to activate up or down. I write up a how to install paddle shifter from a 350gt-8 when Im done. A guy from Nz north island has done the same thing on his v35 and its working perfectly.

post-94823-0-96033600-1412061975_thumb.jpgpost-94823-0-83211400-1412061993_thumb.jpgpost-94823-0-51125700-1412062011_thumb.jpg

How do you plan on attaching it? aren't the screw positions still behind the steering wheel?

I had to remove the top and bottom shroud for the steering column, once the clock spring is exposed, there are 2 holes above already there for it. So I just turn the steering wheel until I clear the holes and then just use a short tapping screws to attached it. Then I made up a bracket for the bottom piece to add rigidity for the paddles(not necessary as the top screws makes it all secure). Then I had to use the v35 top/bottom shrouds(with a bit of modification) to cover it all. Can use the M35

shrouds but its alot of cutting/messing around.

• Like 4

attachicon.gifWP_000422.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000423.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000424.jpg

I had to remove the top and bottom shroud for the steering column, once the clock spring is exposed, there are 2 holes above already there for it. So I just turn the steering wheel until I clear the holes and then just use a short tapping screws to attached it. Then I made up a bracket for the bottom piece to add rigidity for the paddles(not necessary as the top screws makes it all secure). Then I had to use the v35 top/bottom shrouds(with a bit of modification) to cover it all. Can use the M35

shrouds but its alot of cutting/messing around.

jo how much did the paddles set you back mate?
  • Like 1

Managed to find the time yesterday to get the plugs and coils out. Covered coils in silecone. Replaced plugs made sure they were tapped to 0.8.

Degreased the engine and replaced the rocker breather hose. Started up and wad missfiring hard.

Checked this morning and coil plug slightly off.

No more hesitation at 3k and running like a dream :)

Busy weekend. New battery, biggest I could fit, 260Lx170Wx200H, 680CCA, bit of aluminium for the strap, earth lead pointing backwards to clear the fuse box.

Nice new clean pollen filter in the background sucking fresh air from the battery compartment!?

post-135423-0-87683100-1412159372_thumb.jpgpost-135423-0-14645200-1412159430_thumb.jpg

Finally got rid of the stuffed Bose stereo (someone needs a slap for designing that circuit board with the integrated AC controls)

Alpine CDE-154EBT, custom colour display to match the interior lights. Got my roof mount DVD playing through the front screen.

My car also came from Japan with an "R-spec, NTV-165, Multi-vision Controller" which allows PASSENGERS to watch movies while driving (Mr police officer).

Found a glovebox light while putting in the stereo which I could not get to work, globe was good, all fuses good, found something online about it coming on with parkers but still no good so I decided to wire it up to constant power and a switch so it comes on when you open the glovebox (perfect spot for a switch if you take out the right hand side rubber bump stop). Modified the holder to take a bigger bulb and opened it up where it clips in to let more light through. (Too much work for a glovebox light!?)

post-135423-0-56122700-1412160649_thumb.jpgpost-135423-0-26779600-1412160686_thumb.jpg

post-135423-0-79278900-1412160727_thumb.jpgpost-135423-0-38375000-1412160753_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ordered the last 2 bits i think i need for the next stage on my M35 (apologies to Scotty for taking up more of his spare time ;) )

3rd week in November has been pencilled in for tuning :woot:

• Like 2

yeah mate Emanage.

I've thought about it a lot and for a car that's only really driven on the weekend (besides getting me to and from the train station of a weekday) there is a limit to what i want to spend.

Looking forward to the results.

Fixed oil leak in both cam covers. Drilled out 2 broken bolts and re threaded. Now to burn off excess degreaser and back to normal. Reinstalled dales front underbody brace from underneath supports to above. Fits in there nicely. No occasional underbody bumps now. Flush!!

• Like 3

In the end no mate.

I'm going to make the slightly painful drive up north to Cavan and see Shaun at Boostworx.

Hopefully all goes more or less smooth.

Interesting. Let us know how you get on!