SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

I use the stands on the front subframe, I wouldn't use chassis rails.

5litres does the job. If you're buying the oil in a 5 litre bottle, just empty it and no need to check! Since I'm buying 20 litres now, it's a bit of a pita...

Started an oil and filter change very late yesterday, first time on this car. The jack and tools all looked like they'd never been used, it was a shame to put a mark them but my trolley jack is holidaying with my sister-in-law. In fact, everything on this car is (or was) so damn clean I feel sorry for it having to do family duties with us. When we got it last June it even still had the factory plastic film over the sill plates in the back, now they've been pulled off by little hands and replaced with chocolate stains on the upholstery.

Wasn't entirely sure where to put the axle stands, at first I went for the chassis rail inboard from the front jacking points but I wasn't happy with the creaking noises as I lowered the jack so I moved them to just near where the LCAs bolt to the subframe, as close as possible to the edge of the undertray. Seemed ok there but I must confess I kept checking them to ensure the metal wasn't ripping. Anyone got a better spot to use?

Also, 4.8 litres of engine oil in a PNM35 right? I did the Commodore (VS V6) earlier in the day and there was definitely more that came out of the Stag.

What engine oil does the VS commy run? VB? Edited by Howaitonaito
  • Like 1

I honestly can't remember what went in last time. I hadn't changed it since late 2006 and it had done around 100,000km on what was in there. It took about half an hour to drain out of the sump. The car is quite a beast, even gang members won't park near it. I had some old 20W50 on a shelf in the shed, then topped up the rest with some cooking oil and floor polish.

Edited by Hertz Donut
  • Like 2

After having them sitting at my old house for 5 months (3 weeks after buying it I finally got my new wheels on.

I've been having a slight vibration between 40 and 60 and thought I might have an egg or just in need of an alignment. On the way to the tyre place it got SUPER bad. Turned out the tie rod end was about to blow. Luckily he replaced it for me easy as and now drive better than it ever did

Newwheels.jpeg

• Like 1

39 M35's on their cruise! Never been as many on a cruise here afaik. Translated part below.

"North to Hokkaido, the south is the M35 Stagea gathered from Yamaguchi & Shikoku.
(On the day, are arranged in the external aero · AR-X · different colors, etc.,. M35 of the 39 units were gathered in the end)"

Edit: Looks like I was there according to their list of participants (#23), lol.

Edited by Commsman

Found the source of the noise on the front end. The sway bar/links were fowling on the radius rod. Andrew @ ASR sourced some shorter links which lifts the sway bar over the top of the radius rod regardless of whether the sway bar is shifted to the left or the right of centre. There are a few other bits and pieces that are being replaced while we are in there.

16CACF75-8935-4F96-ADC8-5A7B0ED8988A.jpg

I am so grateful that Andrew is switched on and generous with his time. He found 2 places with witness marks and a few other things so much faster than I could have hoped to have found them myself.

What is the current pricing on the Federals?

Washed, polished, serviced and finally fitted new rims and tyres

Volk GT-F's 19x9.5 and Pirreli PZero 255/35/19

Will get a photo up tomorrow but it looks Farkin' Phattt

Washed, polished, serviced and finally fitted new rims and tyres

Volk GT-F's 19x9.5 and Pirreli PZero 255/35/19

Will get a photo up tomorrow but it looks Farkin' Phattt

Tomorrow is too far away!

Oh OK, but only because you asked so nicely

post-76721-0-46976200-1399640250_thumb.jpg

post-76721-0-93580900-1399640267_thumb.jpg

Also added this hilarious little fella so everybody knows I'm doing my bit and driving on "Environmentally friendly" fuel...

post-76721-0-34151700-1399640285_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Had the old girl dyno'd after completing 3500 kms on the new build. Pushed more boost into her, but the turbo has reached it's peak. 22psi dropping to 18 produced 320kw atw on the heartbreaker. Had traction issues with the semi-slicks and the pull type GT-R gearbox started to produce a whine... didn't even get to drive it away lol, but admittedly I expected it to happen soon as gt-r boxes are known to give up at around 350wkw. I asked my mechanic to fix it straight away so 'box is getting pulled down now and rebuilt, shot-peened and treated as necessary. Mechanic says that it is an absolute bullet :D

If only I had the patience and inclination to put a larger turbo on :P

• Like 1

Finally got around to getting the old girl in for her new copper and brass radiator to be built and fitted: bye bye radiator problems- new unit is lifetime guaranteed against death by stray voltage...

Hopefully will have it back by the weekend: in which case I'll be hitting the streets Sunday morning!

• Like 1

Well done stagharts :) told ya that combo was a good thing . Bigger turbo = more lag but higher number I think you will find it very drivable ATM , bad luck about the gear box mine as held up (so far ) for well over a year making 338kw and has had a hard life lol , don't expect it to survive the next upgrade though;)

• Like 1

Thanks mate, I'm happy. Even on the run in tune the car was brutal, I can't wait to drive it as it is now :)

Edit

Oh, I have babied the box to the nth degree, haven't even launched on it yet. Power has just proved too much, I guess you never know :@

Edited by stageaharts
  • Like 1