SAU Community

M35 Highflow Options?

spoolin12

ASked Stao about a bush bearing hi flow with 360 washers...$960

Asked him about getting a 3071 core and this is what he said:

Well, there is no point going for 3071 CHRA in your high flow as the rear housing of it is already small and our customized will produce more power then the 3071 profile. There will be no difference in response based on factory housings, plus bush bearing is a more relaible setup then the ball bearing setup. The 3071 high flow cost $1550 AUD, you need to change all water, and oil lines to suit that CHRA.

The factory housing is not big enough to flow 350rwkws. The max we can that that to is 300rwkws on a manual, Auto will be about 25KW behind plus it won't handle any thing relaiably above 230rwkws. I would recommend you to use our standard high flow option with a high pressure actuator to achieve that goal.

Regards

Stao

hmmm stick with bush bearing i guess?

Who was asking for 350awkw on a highflow? lol.

Stao has only seen the rear housing once? So he doesn't have any data anyway as to the AR and flow of the rear housing. Craig has already proven them to 270 with the 3071, on 15 psi wasnt it? Perhaps 25 psi on ethanol may get you to 350? If you push it...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there is no point going for 3071 CHRA in your high flow as the rear housing of it is already small and our customized will produce more power then the 3071 profile. There will be no difference in response based on factory housings, plus bush bearing is a more relaible setup then the ball bearing setup. The 3071 high flow cost $1550 AUD, you need to change all water, and oil lines to suit that CHRA.

The factory housing is not big enough to flow 350rwkws. The max we can that that to is 300rwkws on a manual, Auto will be about 25KW behind plus it won't handle any thing relaiably above 230rwkws. I would recommend you to use our standard high flow option with a high pressure actuator to achieve that goal.

Regards

Stao

.....If i'm at 270AWKW's at 15psi on BP and the only reason we didn't push it to 300AWKW's was the GB(correct me if I'm wrong Scott) was just about to shit it's self.....then 340AWKW's on E85 is more than capable of happening with 30/71 Garret BB set....going buy what he things is the RW to AW difference is add 25KW's(his figure....mines closer to 40kw's) to that.......

and yes there is a bit to change to get a Garrett setup working......but I would not say a lot!

Comes to how much you want to develop......If I had my time again I would still go for a Garrett BB set....I might have gone a little smaller though!...maybeninja.gif

P.S. I am not saying bush is shit......but I am not willing to accept that a proper BB setup is not as reliable either when done properly!

and what Scott said he answer at the same time!...lol

Edited by Jetwreck

Regards

Stao

Go the BB f you want. Hypergear actually do high flow with a BB core properly.

What Stao is referencing there with his power figures is the RB25det.

As you can see from other members experiences, this is not relevant to the VQ25det.

hmm ok...

in all seriousness though if I get 220-240 awkw I'd be happy. Anything more means gearbox needs to be rebuilt and I'm not ready $$ wise for that. Neither is manual conversion...

The potential to go 300awkw with the bush is there....I might just go with that and IF I have the $$ for a gearbox rebuild later on we can always up the psi then to hit higher power...

Can someone let me know any specs or size that I need to tell Stao for the hi flow?

Edited by ironpaw

what are you running scotty ? and how does it perform any cons?

And never will be relevant, we have much thinner castings on the rear so even though it looks small, the nossle is actually bigger than a op7 rear on the 34's.

I have a stage one sierra bush highflow, makes positive boost at just over 2k. With an auto you dont want to go too big as the stall converter would have to be opened up to compensate for the lag. Mine seems almost perfect as the 3k stall gets me up into full boost (20psi) almost straight away. Aaron's is much less responsive.

And never will be relevant, we have much thinner castings on the rear so even though it looks small, the nossle is actually bigger than a op7 rear on the 34's.

I have a stage one sierra bush highflow, makes positive boost at just over 2k. With an auto you dont want to go too big as the stall converter would have to be opened up to compensate for the lag. Mine seems almost perfect as the 3k stall gets me up into full boost (20psi) almost straight away. Aaron's is much less responsive.

what do you mean by sierra stage 1,2 highflow ??

so your happy with what your gains are without trans mods etc?

how much

hmm ok...

in all seriousness though if I get 220-240 awkw I'd be happy. Anything more means gearbox needs to be rebuilt and I'm not ready $$ wise for that. Neither is manual conversion...

The potential to go 300awkw with the bush is there....I might just go with that and IF I have the $$ for a gearbox rebuild later on we can always up the psi then to hit higher power...

Can someone let me know any specs or size that I need to tell Stao for the hi flow?

He will be pushing for a 3076, but if you are happy with 220-240, just go the 3071 core.

Then get a G-zone to piggyback your eManage onto (removes the throttle restriction and speed limiter)

He will be pushing for a 3076, but if you are happy with 220-240, just go the 3071 core.

Then get a G-zone to piggyback your eManage onto (removes the throttle restriction and speed limiter)

Hmm see Stao's response when I asked him about the 3071 core - he pretty much said no?

I want what scott's got...:teehee:

Hmm see Stao's response when I asked him about the 3071 core - he pretty much said no?

The go spend extra money with Kyp.

Then get your car on an ethanol blend.

Simple really.

Kyp also said "no" to the other highflow spec that I gave him, but he did it anyway and the owner was very happy with the result.

Its like spitting in their face. lol. They are turbo builders not housing machinists. They will never WANT to do a Garrett core. :laugh:

The go spend extra money with Kyp.

Then get your car on an ethanol blend.

Simple really.

Kyp also said "no" to the other highflow spec that I gave him, but he did it anyway and the owner was very happy with the result.

I meant his hiflow SIZE and specs, not his power output....grrrr

We've have archived 305rwkws with Our customized wheel combination (PU profile) based on 98 fuel which would be around 350rwkws on E85. With aftermarket comp housing we've managed to reach 345rwkws on 98 fuel which should be around 400rwkws on E85. There still are people using sierra wheels, how ever to us that is part of the history.

What's PU profile?

The standard we use is in either 71mm 52T, 56T, 76mm 52T, 56T, 58T.

Depending on what power you are after. With the standard profile that we use is in 76mm 52T.

All we need to know is the HP / (rwkws) you want, leave the combination work to us.

Which one should I go for for max response?

As far as what I've learnt at Stao's workshop doing my high flow that he used to use the Sierra turbine wheel when he first started, then found its not been able to flow enough while creeping too much heat due to its blade design working with factory turbine housing, cropping it makes it super laggy.

He's made a special turbine wheel that is touch bit larger then Garrett GT30s with much larger exducer. Works out to be an 86T GT30 wheel. That made heaps more power while not adding any much more lag. Going by his highflow thread you actually notice he's current high flows made heaps more power then what he originally started.

On the comp wheel side they have customized wheels with skinny hub and large blades so in theroy they would flow lot more then what standard Garrett comp wheel would based in the same size and trim.

I generally would not be comparing them to other high flows using Garrett along parts. The best way would be tell him what HP you want and let them do the thinking.

I could listen to all this talk of turbo matching all day, the bloody things fascinate me. I almost WANT mine to fail so I can join the fun...

Almost...whistling.gif

I could listen to all this talk of turbo matching all day, the bloody things fascinate me. I almost WANT mine to fail so I can join the fun...

Almost...whistling.gif

In that case just turn your boost up to 20 psi for a win/win situation!