SAU Community

6Boost Rb26Dettt Manifold Install

Had a track day today at Mallala.

Managed:

1:34 wet

1:17.4

1:17

1:16.1

Some 6 seconds faster than my previous PB.

Matt

Video link to come

6 seconds is huge!

Much different with the setup?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you tube vid please,

almost sounds like a crazy big cammed naturally aspirated race car

thats exactly what i was thinking, looks like it would be fun to drive to!!

Looks tricky to drive with that much grunt, also was it missing a bit? or was it just a bit of distortion in the video?

Yeah it sounds like a Hi-Po inline six should!

Nice vid, the photobucket clip is really good quality already? Sounds tough as and hauls ass...what light came on on the dash? ATTESA/4WD?

Did you retune with new manifolds???

I think photbucket took a while to process it, better but still not HD like the oringinal. Yeah the Attessa faulted so had to reset. Definately needs a retune with these manifolds.

I have confirmed since my track day the rear manifold at least has warped 7mm, so my inlet pipe now rubs on the strut tower. I have to pull the motor to check as it has developed a slight tick. I will be weldings some support brakets onto these manifolds from the flange to collector.

Something I would be doing from the factory on these manifolds from now on.. Or before you install them

Matt

Edited by BoostdR

Hope the tick is nothing major. Really now seems alittle too much effort for a little gain. If the manifolds warped surely you would have to bin it?

Yes lots of effort, however the gain is not little. My injectors are maxed at .35bar less boost....prob why I have a tick now :whistling: Slightly down on compression on number 4, oil dripped in brought it up 125 to 140 psi, all other cylinders are 150. So the motor is coming out no question. All good though, there are a few things I can tidy up and replace while I'm at it. I'm quite happy with the performance now. Reliability is the goldern aim for me. My goal is to find out if it was pinging or an oil control issue. I run an extended trust gated baffle and extended sump(6L) Will pull it out over the next few days.

Matt

I think it would be a good investment to get individual egt sensors on ur new manifolds. With ur power and usage get a logger

Which kit would you recommend?

7mm warp?????

I wouldnt be happy at all...for the price and considering theyre made from freaking steam pipe thats definitely not a good thing.

Imagine having to pay to get them installed only to have them warp and create other dramas.

Did you install the factory bracing brackets that bolt to the bottom of the turbo dumps to the block? Im assuming they didnt fit but did you made up new ones?

I was considering these but now I think im well put off by the warpage factor.

I guess factory manifolds really are the best thing.

7mm warp?????

I wouldnt be happy at all...for the price and considering theyre made from freaking steam pipe thats definitely not a good thing.

Imagine having to pay to get them installed only to have them warp and create other dramas.

Did you install the factory bracing brackets that bolt to the bottom of the turbo dumps to the block? Im assuming they didnt fit but did you made up new ones?

I was considering these but now I think im well put off by the warpage factor.

I guess factory manifolds really are the best thing.

The factory brackets didnt fit the Tomei dumps.Possibly could modify them--> which is not a bad idea. Even the factory manifolds droop...hence why Gibson team installed support brackets. Might have something to do with pressure from our side pipes...

Flow tested the factory manifolds against the chinese stainless and they flowed 50% less, 6hrs of porting the OEM and got them within 15% of the stainless.

I would use these 6boost mani's on all my future builds, no question...I know whats required for install now.

Matt

Have you been in touch with Kyle throughout the install? Im sure he'd be interested to hear about the issues youve had...one of the most helpful, genuine guys within the modified car scene and so much knowledge...

Not knocking you but suprised you didnt have a look at the tune before you took it the track and gave it a hard time?