SAU Community

6Boost Rb26Dettt Manifold Install

Wrapping them in heat tape does void the warranty with 6boost. Also when i had mine heat wrapped i had silicon joiner close to manifold like your hard piping, burnt straight through the joiner, i would be looking at modify that piping more or finding something you can wrap the piping in to prevent it burning out.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah just lay a piece of heat reflective material over the silicone joiner that is close to the mani. that will protect it.

the mani's look very nice mate. hope they give some good gains. I think they will.

like this stuff. pic if of my old GTR set-up. the boys added heaps of the stuff for me to protect hoses etc. I was running HKS turbos on tomei mani's with tomei dumps.

post-3621-0-12896500-1299731109_thumb.jpg

plus you can see even with the tomei manis and dumps the front turbo dump is VERY close to the rear turbo compressor inlet. I used the trust piping kit which is nice as the rear inlet is cast and then also had the dump pipe wrapped to help.

post-3621-0-47453000-1299731193_thumb.jpg

here's the hard pipe kit I used. it's my favourite (have used it and the HKS one like yours) but unfortunately I don't think it would work with your mani's and with the RB30 it would all end up too high.

post-3621-0-69870500-1299731340_thumb.jpg

like this stuff. pic if of my old GTR set-up. the boys added heaps of the stuff for me to protect hoses etc. I was running HKS turbos on tomei mani's with tomei dumps.

post-3621-0-12896500-1299731109_thumb.jpg

plus you can see even with the tomei manis and dumps the front turbo dump is VERY close to the rear turbo compressor inlet. I used the trust piping kit which is nice as the rear inlet is cast and then also had the dump pipe wrapped to help.

post-3621-0-47453000-1299731193_thumb.jpg

here's the hard pipe kit I used. it's my favourite (have used it and the HKS one like yours) but unfortunately I don't think it would work with your mani's and with the RB30 it would all end up too high.

post-3621-0-69870500-1299731340_thumb.jpg

I was using the same manifolds and dumps. Still going with the tomei Dumps.

I plan on using a piece of OEM heat sheild. The multi layer with ceramic internal. Your hard pipe kit definately won't fit. I checked my clearance today and my kit will fit under the bonnet..by a very small margin.

I have heat wrapped the manifolds and prettied them up with some black therma-tec spray. I have to remove the head to reduce the oil restrictor down to 1mm, then will complete the installation.

Matt

Edited by BoostdR

• 2 weeks later...

prob another week or so guys, depends when my delivery from the States arrives. Was sent on the 20th so hopefully not to far away.

Matt

hoping to fill the mid range in a little. Note this is Flywheel

post-49288-0-99180000-1300934334_thumb.jpg

Edited by BoostdR

My low mount 6boost manifold comes extremely close to the rocker covers and mine are painted in two pack paint and the mani is ceramic coated and i havnt had any issues with the paint so far. Im only running a single 35/40 though. The best thing you will get out of these manifolds is the noise haha! oh and the performance gain of course.

considering he already had sizeable lowmount manifolds (aftermarket) before this, i'd be surprised is there was a major exhaust note alteration.

jury is still out on the performance side as well.

3 pages, we need results :D

I have often wondered if the 6boost (or other decent merge collector manifolds) have the same fantastic exhaust note with twin scroll or twin turbo applications as they do 6>1?!

Guys,

didn't feel like this warranted starting it's own thread.

250kw GT3076 0.82 with 50mm ext gate welded on to stock manifold... screamer pipe, decat 3" turboback

If I get a 6boost manifold, would that make much difference at all to my setup?

Guys,

didn't feel like this warranted starting it's own thread.

250kw GT3076 0.82 with 50mm ext gate welded on to stock manifold... screamer pipe, decat 3" turboback

If I get a 6boost manifold, would that make much difference at all to my setup?

I wouldn't bother at your power level. The OEM manifold is a good thing up to 300rwkw

Its always good to have a read of these type of threads so we can get some real world feedback.

Looking forward to seeing the back to back dyno test results, we don't get to see back to back testing often enough...even for our own liking!

As for the stock manifolds on RB25 being good for up too 300rwkw, while we don't disagree with that comment we have seen GT3076R's spool up to 400rpm sooner on RB25's and make slightly more power also with back to back testing.

Most of our RB25 customers running GT3076R's see upwards of 300rwkw on 18psi. Not sure what your 250rwkw was made on...but it might help :-)

Matt

Some more teaser pics, I had to order some more AN fittings for the turbo water lines. Would have been easier with some barb fittings and rubber/silicon hose but oh well.

Matt

87f2462b.jpg

1b6ab869.jpg

1356a1b2.jpg

bf9ef156.jpg

87aa88ac.jpg