SAU Community

6Boost Rb26Dettt Manifold Install

6boost are monitoring this thread. I didn't buy them direct.

I was certainly monitoring the tune, had my wideband O2 hanging out the side pipe. I kept the boost down as I had no head room left. Plenty left in her with more fuel. I'm half expecting my damaged to be oil surge related to be honest.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flow tested the factory manifolds against the chinese stainless and they flowed 50% less, 6hrs of porting the OEM and got them within 15% of the stainless.

Interesting info, any idea where the 6boost manifolds stack up?

Oil surge related? Fluctuations in oil pressure during that track day?

I would say so, time for a high octane sump and accumulator in the front quarter panel. -Slicks-

Hmm bugger...

So what was the end result with the manifolds? in terms of power/response gains-losses.

I didn't get it on the dyno. However:

1bar was made at the same point, but may improve if it was retuned

my 1000cc injectors maxed out at .35bar less boost so the car makes more power no question

No losses anywhere.

Idle is less stable however....

Matt

Yeah shithouse ay.

Are you going to make any significant changes to the engine power wise or are you just upgrading the oiling side?

Still keen to see dyno results back to back...but theres no denying seat of the pants feeling, except for placebo effects :)

Yeah shithouse ay.

Are you going to make any significant changes to the engine power wise or are you just upgrading the oiling side?

Still keen to see dyno results back to back...but theres no denying seat of the pants feeling, except for placebo effects :)

It will certainly be on the dyno when it's back together. I don't think I need any more power...can't imagine what it will go like on 1.8bar. May fit the bigger plenum I have here while its out.

Matt

I didn't get it on the dyno. However:

1bar was made at the same point, but may improve if it was retuned

my 1000cc injectors maxed out at .35bar less boost so the car makes more power no question

No losses anywhere.

Idle is less stable however....

Matt

Is it a MAF based ECU?

thats no good about the engine! from past experiance no3 or 4 spinning and the rest of the bearings ok tells me oil debis. as they are the first to get oil. and the first to get any contaminants aswell. where as if its no 1 or 6 then id look at oil starvation as a posible cause as they are the last to get oil.

unless a grub screw fell out or something..