SAU Community

Lambchop With A Renault Axis Here...

WAGON_BOY

• 3 months later...

Haven't updated for a while not that I've really done much to it lately but did take it out to SMSP South Circuit again and managed to knock off another second off my lap time with a 1:08.26.

post-83704-0-47917800-1398571877_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-29891900-1398571943_thumb.jpg

post-83704-0-15143800-1398571963_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

A couple of my mates were down at SMSP and messaged me when they saw your stag out on the track. Looks good man, congrats on the PB. The words, poise and regal, spring to mind!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

cheers guys on the kind words :)

turbo and injectors and retune etc will be on the cars but it still seems to be going strong so not going to worry atm, busy on my RX808 wagon trying to get that finished :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The cars been playing up since last Sunday, its like it wants randomly stall when cruising so what I'm thinking is maybe airflow meter or fuel filter, its due for its 105,000Km service so I think I'll give it the works and see how it goes after that.

But to make matters worse on Saturday a woman decided to side swipe my rear bar luckily no damage to the rear quarter, just another thing to piss me off!!! :(

If the airflow meter goes whilst driving it normally just goes straight into limp mode, but doesn't stall. That was my experience anyway.

Maybe a dodgy cam sensor? Or fuel pump? Would be easy to check if you can get a gauge.

• 2 weeks later...

swapped the airflow meter with a spare Dale had bought from Scotty but the cars still running like crap and now the AFR's are way to lean.

cruising now sits at 12 rather than 14
and when I hit boost even light throttle 5PSI I'm probably going under 10. (usually max throttle I'll hit the low 10's)

so 1) is the airflow meter the same do is the voltage different ?
or 2) do I need to do a ECU reset and relearn ?

otherwise I'm going to put my old one back in and try and find the problem why the car's wanting to stall mid driving/cruising.

tomorrow I might see if I can get the data off my tablet from the last few drives I've done to find the error.

12 is richer than 14.

That is, 14 parts air, 1 part fuel.

So it's not in danger. However it does point to a potential issue. That is, intake or vacuum pipe/seal leak. So, it might want to stall from unmetered air on cruise, but leak air out under boost to make for a richer mixture as the afm is metering up stream.

Have a look at all pipes for disconnected hoses, or splits.

I thought the airflow meter was the problem cos the voltages were spiking so I replaced it but it didn't fix anything so yeah I guess there could be a Intermittent leak somewhere.

but all my vacuum lines are new so I'm thinking it might be a solenoid or something to do with the fuel line valves.......

Can you pressure test the intake to see if there are any leaks?

If there is no other reason for the change in AFR's I can send you another AFM to try... Unless someone up there can lend you one for a drive? Perhaps the Chinese one is slightly out? I would have thought it would be fine on cruise though...

Have you checked the O2 sensor is oscillating?

well I finished wiring the fuel pump and replaced the fuel filter.
replaced the oil and put back in my original airflow meter.
put a fresh tank of Shell Optimax in as well.

took the car for about a 45min drive and everything seems to be ok.

didn't find an air leak although its still quite possible I'll see how it drives over the next week or so.......

thanks for the offer Russell but I'll see how it goes for now haven't had any drama's yet and I've put my old afm back in.

the problem with Scotty's afm is I'll need to get a retune anyways :( or put a resistor on it to get the correct values like the stock one.