SAU Community

Drag Day

N1GTR

Hey all,

The exec team has discussed the feasibility of a drag day at WSID between ourselves and there's one "snag" stopping us going forward with it.

Here's the situation; WSID (for some crazy reason, lets not get into that) have a rule that says you cant go faster than 11.00 on a private/club day. Nothing stops you backing off half track if you know you'll break into the 10's though. So for our club to hire the track we need to get an indication of numbers so we dont expect 50 entrants for example and then get only 10 as we have to pay for the other spots.

Cost will be $200 per entrant, $50 per double entered driver. That includes crew entry aswel.

Date TBA of course but it will be a long way off so everyone can attend that wants to and there's heaps of time to get leave from work, permission from the wife etc

So, who's keen? Only post up if you're actually keen not just increasing your post count or killing time.

Thanks!!!

-Steve

SAUNSW President

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on dates, i'll be there to take photos and take the evo down the strip.

Although won't be doing many passes (maybe 3-4 over the day) as the drivetrain will sh!t itself.

Very interested, no issue with 11 sec rule with my car.

Maybe some video of the day as well?

As a club day, can we still launch 2 cars at the same time?

Do you mean use both lanes?

Video we will provide like normal with pics etc from the pro's

I'm guessing that we'd still need to meet Andra standards and we'd need to bring appropriate gear and licences etc if we have them?

If a car was to run under an 11.0 on the day will they just be asked not to run again or will this cause issues?

Shame Heathcoate isn't a little closer :)