SAU Community

Handbrake's R35 Build Part 2

After following this thread for a while now it was amazing to finally see this in the flesh being competitive.

Here's one of the shots I got while it was on track!

Good work guys, keep at it. ;)

great pic :thumbsup:

thanks

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

diagnosis is in on the gear box problem, broken gear selector - a standard Nissan part.

the boys from Just Jap did suspect this when we discussed the issue with them over the phone on the weekend.

diagnosis is in on the gear box problem, broken gear selector - a standard Nissan part.

the boys from Just Jap did suspect this when we discussed the issue with them over the phone on the weekend.

And here is what that Nissan selector fork looked like!

post-384-0-97209300-1312849098_thumb.jpg

Steve

How about Winton for the SAU Nationals! :) (With a side trip to PI along the way)

Hi, Mark, Andrew and all

I have been follow this thread and Drew's one since day one. my daily fix!! Enjoy the WTAC very much. Unfortunately, our drift car got written off in practice.It would be great if you can come down to Melbourne for the SAU Winton and PI. With more time to sort out the gear box and everything associated with highly modified cars,it will be really flying. 1:35 in PI?

Alex

At least it didn't take anything else out when it failed...

Silver linings and all that...pinch.gif

As other have said; Congratulations are in order for the amazing performance of a driver learning what must've been basically a completely different car; and also the performance of a freshly built car. So many variable to contend with, and yet it still shone.:worship:

Well done to all involved; you have much to be proud of.

Edited by Daleo

nice pic guys.

good to see the two GTR's cross the line on the last lap of the event! even if Drew and I didnt trouble the scorboard with our antics

when are you guys planning to be back out on track again?

Just looking at the pic a little more. You can see how the difference in aero works.

at about 220kmph my front sits lower and marks rear sits lower... or it could just be my eyes... Or maybe I just took my

foot off the gas which is possible.

Our aero guys would probbaly like this picture

yes plenty of pics which show our front downforce imbalance from the weekend. we knew this but struggled to correct at short notice despite pulling out rear downforce and adjusting rake angles etc

car looked and sounded AMAZING. crongtats to the team.

have some pretty decent vids. will upload them soon.

was standing behind the car and staring at it up close for a while and on of the mecury motor sports guys was like "you from sau?" and i was like ye...his like "you can touch it"

hahahahahaha

once again awesome car. all the best for next year :D. will deff be up again

Just looking at the pic a little more. You can see how the difference in aero works.

Our aero guys would probbaly like this picture

Your incar video shows (sounds) the splitter to be contacting the road at about that point of the track - it must be speed/downforce related. Did either of you guys run shock/ride height sensors to the dash logger etc?