SAU Community

Clutch

fly333

How much u got to spend?,

i personally have had a exedy and a nismo, both are good clutches though im sticking with a nismo coppermix as i found it a little bit more drivable on the street

Hi I have got around the $1000 dollar mark to spend on buying and install. I can buy an exedy heavy duty clutch kit for 500 and fitted for 450. I might buy a néw pressure plate also.

Clutch kits usually come with a contact plate, pressure plate and thrust bearing. Don't let your budget decide your clutch, let your intended purpose and power output decide it. Exedy cushion button is a good clutch for that price range, but it may be overkill for the power output, or it may not be sufficient for what you need.

A Exedy cushion button should last for ages at those power levels as long as you dont slip the clutch to much or do lots of burnouts/ high revving launches. If you are planning on doing some launches i would suggest the same clutch but not cusioned. It can take huge amounts of abuse but is more of a track orientatated clutch because of the heavy peddle and quick take up.

Of course if your budget is more then $500 theres definetley better clutches that are both stronger and easier to drive, have a more effortless peddle. Depends what you wanna spend or what power level you want in the future.

Contact these guys for a clutch alignment tool http://www.directclu...ervices.com.au/ paid like 20 bucks i think for mine

May also want a torque wrench and loctite if ur goin to do it properly

Legend! I was looking for this tool. Did a search on the forum for this and your post came up. Dropped them an email and awaiting their reply.

Thanks heaps for this link!

i was in burson's last week end and noticed they had 2 hanging on the wall, a kincrome and a cheapie, i think the cheapie was $20-30.