SAU Community

Brake Grade Upgrade For My R33 Gts-T

Hey Guys

Going to upgrade my R33 GTS-T in the braking department from standard rotors , brake lines & brake fluid. Just finding the brakes aren't quite doing the job for a car which has 400rwhp ! It's used for street use & hard driving in mountains , with the intention of some light track use in the future , once brakes have a bit more bite in them.

These are my two options i am looking at , keeping in mind i want to keep the standard calipers for both front & rear .

Option 1 - Project Mu B Spec pads front & rear

UAS Master cylinder stopper

Goodridge braided line kit front & rear

DBA 4000 series rotors front & rear - Swap over from factory size

Motul RBF 600 brake fluid

Option 2 - Project Mu B Spec pads front & rear

UAS Master cylinder stopper

Goodridge braided line kit front & rear

Motul RBF 600 brake fluid

DBA 4000 series rotors rear

UAS Alloy adaptors upgrading to 324mm front UAS two peice curved vane rotors

Will i notice much difference between the two upgrades going from the 297mm rotors to the 324mm in the front. In words is it worth the extra $1200 !!

:thanks: Josh

You should consider the D2/G4/Ksport etc 8 piston kits instead - they are around $2k and come with larger discs (330 or 354), 8 piston calipers, new pads and new brake lines. Excellent performance for the price.

P Mu pads are just expensive or what they are. If you just want pads with more bite contact GSLRallysport on here and see which pads they suggest.

+1 to above. Although if he doesn't have true 18" wheels the larger rotors will be a problem.

I'm getting my trial set shipped (356mm/8piston) soon for the Group Buy this week or next. Just wanna make sure it's legit, fits up etc.

Will come in less than 2k.

You should consider the D2/G4/Ksport etc 8 piston kits instead - they are around $2k and come with larger discs (330 or 354), 8 piston calipers, new pads and new brake lines. Excellent performance for the price.

P Mu pads are just expensive or what they are. If you just want pads with more bite contact GSLRallysport on here and see which pads they suggest.

Is this kit a bolt on application or will i have to mod things to make them fit ? Also do they have a website i can have a look at ? Cheers

+1 to above. Although if he doesn't have true 18" wheels the larger rotors will be a problem.

I'm getting my trial set shipped (356mm/8piston) soon for the Group Buy this week or next. Just wanna make sure it's legit, fits up etc.

My rims are 19 x 8 . Also have u guys done any upgrading to the rear brakes aswell , if not will the front end have to much braking power & upset things in the overall braking department ?

very keen for this GB

Just bought ATTKD 8 piston front brake kit with 356mm rotors off Just Jap. Black & silver calipers are a bit better looking then the bright Orange K sport ones !

Also bought 297mm DBA , T slot rotors for rear with Project Mu B spec pads. Set of braided lines & Cusco Brake cylinder stopper. Last of all Motul RBF 600 brake fluid. Can't wait for all to be fitted , should make a hell of a difference in the braking department :wub:

Sounds interesting! look forward tothe progress of this & your testing results.

Will it come with local warranty (if any?)

I've got D2 8 piston calipers up front and 4 piston calipers at the rear with 356mm rotors all round.

I can get them to fade at Sandown but not at Winton. I need to improve the cooling to the front rotors, once I've got good ducts in place, they'll probably be fine. What'll kill them is semi slicks that are coming soon.

I've got D2 8 piston calipers up front and 4 piston calipers at the rear with 356mm rotors all round.

I can get them to fade at Sandown but not at Winton. I need to improve the cooling to the front rotors, once I've got good ducts in place, they'll probably be fine. What'll kill them is semi slicks that are coming soon.

semi slicks will not be a problem - the better your tyres, the less you need to punish the brakes ;)

Next thing i'll be looking at is better tyres , any one have any suggestions on a good road tyre for 19 x 8 rims ? I am currently wearing Achilles ATR Sport tyres which i find good & handle the mountain roads fairly well. But once the brake upgrade is fiited could be quite a different story !

Depends on your exact needs.

I have settled on S compounds as an all rounder and am happy with S compounds... still doesn't provide the traction and braking i want but pointless going to R compound for me as i won't be able to get the heat into them on the street.

To be honest, almost any S compound will be a major upgrade over Achilles (unless you have the achilles S compounds? I seem to remember they had a set).

Otherwise any UHP street tire would be good too e.g. Pirelli P Zero Nero or some crap like that, or Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 but they're not cheap but you'll find your 19" size.

Something a bit cheaper could be Kumho Ku31 or Goodyear Eagle F1 asymetric.. the upgrade won't be dramatic though.

I'm finding dba4000 slotted f/r with pads, lines, fluid, master cyl brace and S compounds to still not be enough for only 320rwhp :( but i might be too picky.

Thanks for the info on the tyres . I'll look into the tyres which are S compound & that should point me in the right direction. I just want a tyre which has plenty of grip & makes the car feel nice / stable under hard breaking. Don't really care if they wear a bit quicker due to being a softer tyre , cause my skyline is only a weekender & doesn't rack up a huge amount of K's !!! :thanks:

Just finished installing my babies :)

post-35676-0-67220000-1304047773_thumb.jpg

Will test drive them tonight but I dare say my shitty front tyres will not like them. Definetely gotta get some KU36's on the bitch asap.

just get a set of Kumho KU36... cheap and heaps of dry grip... I run Harrops with 355mm rotors and 275 wide KU36 and I have to staaaand on the peddle to get the ABS to kick in

I heard the Kumho's KU36 weren't real good in wet weather & more of a track tyre. I was thinking of getting the Kumho KU31 or the Falken FK452 tyres as i mostly use it on the street .

Edited by Tweaky

Just finished installing my babies :)

post-35676-0-67220000-1304047773_thumb.jpg

Will test drive them tonight but I dare say my shitty front tyres will not like them. Definetely gotta get some KU36's on the bitch asap.

Nice upgrade mate , did u buy it as a whole brake upgrade kit ? Are they 6 or 8 spot calipers & what size rotors ? Also was it much effort to do urself , as i'm thinking of taking mine to a local mechanic for a bit of help. Haven't had much to do with brakes before so thinking of letting someone with a bit more knowledge do the major work & i'll give him a hand !!