SAU Community

+1 to RB25DET rebuild count

Gradenko

As some of you might already know my engine has been a little sick for a while now, had a drinking problem and a bit of blow by - all the usual signs of a cracked ring land. Last weekends cruise was the last straw for it. After a thoroughly entertaining run with dan_the_man, it started smoked prefusley from under the bonnet and felt really under powered on boost. Cutting the cruise short, it was only when I got home did a rythmic 'clunking' make itself known. Took it by SST the next day and the diagnosis was a broken piston.

Whats next? After a few days considering all the options (cheap fix and sell, wrecker RB25, wrecker RB26, rebuild RB25), the final decision is a RB30DET build up, oh yeah! Pictures of the carnage forthcoming.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam

Look here mate http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=15420

lots of info on RB30DET. In fact, basically everything you want to know. There is also a link off that page which much more info too i'm pretty sure. I don't think it works out to be the most cost efficient thing to do however.....

Cheers!

Dave

Zanda, forged pistons and maybe rods (works out cheaper than shot peening).

Nexus_SiX, like an elephant, you are. That happened damn near 3 years ago now :D.

HIPSI, $6k minimum if you want forged pistons and other strong bits.

SeriesIIGTST, it's exactly $250 dollars (price of a RB30E) more than a standard forgies rebuild. So yes, very cost effecient. But I conceed its also not for everyone, especially those who want revs.

can i have your old RB26DETT for free? :)

i plan on doing an engine conversion mid to late next year if i have been able to save enough... and yeah.. .gonna drop a RB26DETT in the GTS (of course i will have to upgrade alot of other things, but yeh :) )

hehe yeh i noticed that after reading the topic again :)

sorry about that guys!! (i must be getting real tired from working my new job AND my old one -12 hr days everyday!)

But yeah, im hoping i can do it all well etc, get the GTS a RB26DETT mwahahaha !!!