SAU Community

Rear Housing Options

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best thing to do is ring a turbo joint who knows.

if you are using a 3076 on a modded 21u housing i don't see the problem as a 3037 rear fits a 3076. !

post-26570-0-69563400-1306990565_thumb.jpg

Edited by WARLORD

thats exactly right it only just dawned on me that the 3037 is a larger turbine, my mistake.

On another note I wonder will the 3037 hks housing fit on a gtx3071,? I i know turbine and trim are the same but cant find exducer size it would need to be 55 i think or is this not important?..if it did fit would it work well or be restictive?,

ignore last post i got a bit confuzzled :wacko:

thats exactly right it only just dawned on me that the 3037 is a larger turbine, my mistake.

On another note I wonder will the 3037 hks housing fit on a gtx3071,? ..if it did fit would it work well or be restictive?,

FMP.. :laugh:

As scott said get Tao to make you an exhaust housing up that has the same 6 bolt nissan rear. That way it will bolt straight up. I havent seen any problems with Tao's housings plus you can prob interchange between 0.63 and 0.82 for not too much extra changeover if you decide to change.

I would stick with his 0.63 housing to start with. The 0.82 housing is a large housing and you will definitely loose response.

I guess its all about cost really, i mean if its less than $500 for tao's housing then thats a good improvement, MTQ guy reckoned the r33 standard turbine housing was about .7A/R so he must be a bit out with his estimation, anyway, i think the 0.82 might be the go, i have nothing but response on my turbo, feels like im driving a vl turbo, comes on boost 2000rpm so i wouldnt mind if that changes a bit, and have more at the top end.

250/260kw on a street car is not bad at all, until i can afford a gt3076 i think ill try the housing swaps..

thanks for the replies :cheers:

the a/r means nothing, I mean a .45ar turbine housing on a GT60 is going to be a shit load bigger than a 1.06 GT30 housing.

Only usefull when comparing housings of the same type of turbo

pity there isnt some sort of housing that starts off like a .6A/R and as the gas flow increases on the top end, it became a .8 or 1.0A/R, just like Variable valve timing, it could be variable housing timing.

that would be a good idea..

The GT2835 KAI does not perform as well as the Pro S. I have just over 240rwkw with one and the most I've heard of out of one of these is 250ish rwkw, with noncoms but

Stao from hypergear thinks it's because of the anti surge holes that cause a slight loss in flow

pity there isnt some sort of housing that starts off like a .6A/R and as the gas flow increases on the top end, it became a .8 or 1.0A/R, just like Variable valve timing, it could be variable housing timing.

that would be a good idea..

been around for a while, called vatn turbos. new 911 turbos run them

if anyone can shed anymore light on garret core number 70177-5015 it would be much appreciated.

Its looking agian like it is 60mm turbine after all, if I could find out without having to pull the turbo off would be great as their seems to very little info on it

yeah its a hard one to find any info on..discos thread said it was a to4s or something

The specs i listed in my original post were the ones i was given with the turbo, but looks like he got it wrong as well. all im really concerend about now is will the housing of the the hks fit, I may just have to try it and see i guess. I really dont expect it to make 300kw or anything crazy, 260 with same response as i have now would be nice though

Before you go too far you may need to check how many blades you have as well..........I though I read somewhere [not first hand experience here so please just make sure I'm not talking crap] that some of the GT30 'specials' used a 7 instead of a 9 blade etc etc

Just don't want you throwing good $$$$ looking for a result that may not be achieved anyway. Silk purses and sows ears!!!

Actually, isnt the T04S compressor 7 blade also whereas the GT37 is 6 blade?

I'll need to do some reading of my own now...

I am 100% confident that the cartiridge number 70177-5015 is the same as 70177-0015

I know because I have a 3037 core at home with has the same '5' prefix in the same place. Both are australian bought from GCG.

arthur-t3 - have a chat to Bill Keen, owner of ATS Adelaide Turbo Services (08) 83772511

he built my rb25 highflow, using ported stock nissan 45v4 comp housing, 70177-5015 garret chra, and .73ar AVO skyline housing

He'll be able to tell you the specs of the CHRA without doubt!

Away in Coota ATM but I'll see what I can find . That part number should start with 700177-etc .

I know for sure that the cartridges used in the HKS spec GT3037's are 700177-5 or -6 or -7 . The important thing with those - numbers is the last two digits or one if its a single number . Sometimes they are printed as -0007 or -5007 but usually on the cartridges ID tag its -x or -xx .

The -5 -6 -7 variations basically tell you which trim size its GT37 compressor has ie -5 was 48 trim , -6 is 52 trim and -7 is 56 trim .

I say was with the -5 because I think it was discontinued .

Two things to look for before even looking at ID tags . Count the compressor blades and you should find either 6 or 7 full height blades . 6 means a GT series BCI-18C compressor and 7 means an earlier series wheel .

Secondly look at the compressor housing . If it says 0.60 A/R and is port shrouded then it almost always means its a GT3037 variant . If it has the larger comp housing like GT3582Rs do and has 0.70 A/R on it then its generally a 76mm 7 bladed variant or a GT3082R with the same 82mm GT40 compressor like GT3582Rs do . I think the inducer diameter on a 76ish mm compressor wheel in 56 trim is about 57mm . The 82mm GT40 wheel in 56 trim is more like 61mm .

Anyway check out that thread I bashed out some years back that starts with a long list of GT30 turbine based Garrett BB turbos , From memory its all there .

A .