These 'snaps' I dredged up from 1970...

Enjoy!

Chrome wheels were IN.

1600-1.jpg

Pinstripes were IN

1600-2.jpg

Matte black panels were IN

1600-3.jpg

Smiths gauges, new cassette radios, snooker ball gear knobs, leather steering wheel covers were IN

1600-4.jpg

Any hoon had to choose between Weber, Delorto, SU etc and carry the new Lynx manifold home in a bus - lol

And these are the exposed pods you'd not want to smoke a fag nearby - lol

1600-5.jpg

Night-time shot with the state-of-the-art Minolta SRT 101 with Rokkor lens

1600-6.jpg

50mm Rokkor f1.2 big sucker to be exact

1600-7.jpg

Minoltas back then were used by Trent Nathan, son of rajab Snowdon etc. Some photographers used to even scavenge Rokkor lenses to stick on their Nikons.

Believe it or not!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first car - 1993 R33 GTS. Since I sold it 2.5 years ago, it has since had 4 owners, before finally coming to a rest with a now good friend who's looking after it.

This is how it looked when I sold it:

105686041_b7qqcF31.jpg

Sadly it was crashed yesterday :( Thankfully no one was badly hurt and the car is repairable.

Jeez Terry you just brought back some memories, my first car was a 1969 datto 1600.

1.8 litre rebuilt and bored out to a whopping 1910cc, side draft webber (48mm I think) 240k gearbox which used to confuse all my mates cause reverse is where 1st should be. Stanza seats and a plywood console with a oil AND water temp gauge wow

I remember it had one of those pop up aftermarket sunroofs that use to bucket water onto me when it rained.

Dunno if I have any photos I'll have to have a look.

Man I loved that car, coincidentally it's was the same colour as my current 33. Jeez I got up to no good in that thing on the dirt roads.

I lost something on the back seat that I'll never find again ;) Good times

• 2 weeks later...

4b67c9d6f36913c29b6fa4cf6.jpeg

not a picture of mine but splitting image nonetheless

learnt to drive manual in the trusty ol' family workhorse corolla, 1989 model so just two years younger than me, sold it only a few months ago. was really like a part of the family since we had it so long :thumbsup:

my first car was a ca18det 180sx cost me 4k in 06 & just slowly added things to it till i ended up doing a sileighty conversion. still had it till early last year

only pic i can find.

post-71390-0-43809500-1309620768_thumb.jpg

Edited by Autumn33

First car, at least it had an RB

DSC02147.jpg

Put a rebuilt engine in with a slightly bigger then stock Cam, Painted engine bay + Engine. Was nice, fairly proud of it, but the Skyline is nicer to drive, faster, more reliable and looks alot better

DSC02051.jpg

Image086-1.jpg

KMGC210

1978 model - 2 door, 5 spd manual. Spend weekend after weekend fibreglassing over the rust :whistling:

Sorry for the crappy phone photo of a picture...

First car, at least it had an RB

Put a rebuilt engine in with a slightly bigger then stock Cam, Painted engine bay + Engine. Was nice, fairly proud of it, but the Skyline is nicer to drive, faster, more reliable and looks alot better

Very tidy VL!

Here's mine - a 1989 Prelude 2.0 Si - the first production car with four wheel steering!

5657739942_7a72cba169_z.jpg

Smiths gauges, new cassette radios, snooker ball gear knobs, leather steering wheel covers were IN.

1600-4.jpg

Love the dashtop tacho. Looks a bit like the lap timer / stopwatch on the new Porsches with the Sport Chrono Pack (expensive option):

2010_porsche_911_sport-classic_23.jpg

Edited by God_speed

• 2 weeks later...

here's mine, 1984 Nissan 300ZX, Z31 NA. Was my pride and joy, spent way to much on it, shopping list went something like, 2 engines, 2 gear boxes, 3 clutches, 2 diffs, to start with. Learnt most of what I know about cars on this machine.

Had a custom jap rubber front bar (came rolled up in a box!), side skirts, shaved off side bump stops and welding over seams to give it a cleaner look, then painted with a Corvette burnt orange. was VERY bright!

Desperately needed to be lowered, but I sold it and picked up my skyline before I did.

5929425387_4954128b13_z.jpg

5929982256_19df4ef8b2_z.jpg

5929425923_5b2824d814_z.jpg

Edited by 33driver