SAU Community

26/30 R34 Gtr **now With Results**

Not sure if this will be helpful, but this is a high octane sump on an R34 engine on an R34 crossmember with Nismo mounts. Plenty of room as you can see. But dropping the engine further by lowering the mount positions on the subframe, or re-drilling the alloy mounts so they mount higher on the block would definatly have at least 10-15mm of sump extending below the flat section under the crossmember. So there would be no protection for it should you hit something on the road, speed bump... or whatever.

Your 10lt CRD sump might afford you some options though, as you could remove that 10-15mm from the bottom of the sump and sacrifice a little oil capacity to allow the engine to be dropped further. 7lt is plenty with a trap-door sump and the propper sized oil restricters in the head.

no thanks for that pick is of some help.me and a mate spent some time on it today just trying to place things and see what is going to fit and what wont.the clutch master will not fit so ill hunt down one that will but i will have to relocate the fluid bottle as the fire wall does sit in alot there.

the car has after market sway bars on it but there only a small amout larger but i hope i can still get the engine low enough so is does not hit the bonnet.but after today i think im getting closer so just a matter of time and parts now.worse case i just get a carbon ztune bonnet and cut that to fit

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no thanks for that pick is of some help.me and a mate spent some time on it today just trying to place things and see what is going to fit and what wont.the clutch master will not fit so ill hunt down one that will but i will have to relocate the fluid bottle as the fire wall does sit in alot there.

the car has after market sway bars on it but there only a small amout larger but i hope i can still get the engine low enough so is does not hit the bonnet.but after today i think im getting closer so just a matter of time and parts now.worse case i just get a carbon ztune bonnet and cut that to fit

Best buy a nismo Z-tune bonnet will give you heaps of room as i have checked the difference from the china Z-tune bonnet to the Nismo Z-tune Bonnet , Nismo one has about 10mm more clearance.

Not sure if you have read my build on here R34 gtr build - Jem Dyno

• 1 month later...

done a small amount of work on thursday night

drilled out the head oil drain back holes to large size.

worked out the 4wd sump adapter (awesome quality kit) seems fairly simple to do once you read the instruction manual and spend some time working it out.

hoping to start on the adapter tommorow and get that finished so the building can begin :D

photos of semi-preped half concrete filled rb30 block will attack with grinder tommorrow to fit adapter.

The pile of parts from old engine and parts for new engine....JUN stroker crank sitting there in perfect condition that someone should buy.

post-31607-0-03132800-1313839149_thumb.jpg

post-31607-0-89027100-1313839234_thumb.jpg

cool, what sump adapter did you go with?

mmm, yes I like the jun crank. I have one in my car at the moment. the jun 2.7 crank but running tomei rods and pistons. it's surprisingly different to the other 26s i've had. maybe I need a spare? lol.

Hey mate,

I 26/30'd my bnr34 and didn't have many clearance issues. The front of the timing cover *just* clears the bonnet, but presumably under acceleration it is touching as I do get brown marks from the bonnet underlining on the timing cover. I didn't need to put spacers between the chassis and cross-member to clear the sump with the adapter. The rubber intercooler hose that attaches to the intake will also stretch, although I've since replaced mine with Greddy cast pipes.

About the only other concern I had was the fact that as I was running a high mount turbo, it became the highest point in the system; so after engine shut down water would sit inside the CHRA and boil, which eventually (I'm talking 6 months+) perishes the coolant lines and causes them to crack. One day I'll get around to installing a proper breather tank, but it's okay for now =)

If there's anything else I can help with shoot me a PM!

APHID:

what intake manifold are you running? we are going to have issues with the clutch master fouling on the hypertune intake so we are trying to get around that.

we have to run the spacers unfortunetly due to bigger the factory sump we have no clearance to play with.

UPDATE:

Block is finished ready for degresing cleaning and spraying. reliefs cut out for sump adapter. They aint pretty but they work.

Head is at machine shop to get valve clearances setup for the cams.

bearings should be ordered tommorow rings be here start of next week. Then the assembly can begin :D

Ignoring the awesome saftey equipment...or lack of.

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

Pro engines sump adapter. Awesome bit of kit worth every dollar.

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

Expensive box of valves.

IMAG0052.jpg

RB30 crank ready to go begging to be stressed.

IMAG0049.jpg

Various parts from old engine getting reused.

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

WEAK STOMACH PEOPLE LOOK AWAY NOW. I take no responcibilty for the follow condtions.

IMAG0059.jpg

And last but not least the fuel for the builders

IMAG0056.jpg

Hey mate,

I 26/30'd my bnr34 and didn't have many clearance issues. The front of the timing cover *just* clears the bonnet, but presumably under acceleration it is touching as I do get brown marks from the bonnet underlining on the timing cover. I didn't need to put spacers between the chassis and cross-member to clear the sump with the adapter. The rubber intercooler hose that attaches to the intake will also stretch, although I've since replaced mine with Greddy cast pipes.

About the only other concern I had was the fact that as I was running a high mount turbo, it became the highest point in the system; so after engine shut down water would sit inside the CHRA and boil, which eventually (I'm talking 6 months+) perishes the coolant lines and causes them to crack. One day I'll get around to installing a proper breather tank, but it's okay for now =)

If there's anything else I can help with shoot me a PM!

The engine mounts are attached to the Xmember, so no matter how far you space it, wont make any difference with sump clearance,

if you did this mod, you would of had more clearnace between your touching bonnet and timing cover though

correct jangles. we might have to space the engine from the mounts aswell as spacers in x member. We cannot remember how much clearance between the bigger sump and thicker swaybar there was. One of those little issues that we foresee being a nightmare

Edited by nick81xd

Dont really wanna start cutting into the sump as its a good capacity (9L) and with the baffle gates inside wil be a pain to move them up. Find out when we are slotting motor back in might be able to work a fix.

Exhaust im not too sure on but its been modified to the job, tim might be able to shed some light on brand. the intake is a good old Hypertune manifold.

Dont really wanna start cutting into the sump as its a good capacity (9L) and with the baffle gates inside wil be a pain to move them up. Find out when we are slotting motor back in might be able to work a fix.

Exhaust im not too sure on but its been modified to the job, tim might be able to shed some light on brand. the intake is a good old Hypertune manifold.

the exhaust manafold is hks as it was bought as a full t51r kit