SAU Community

Sau Vic Motorsport Championship Round 5

emts

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You talking about turn 3 just before Honda?

Lol Jack I know its been a while but....

For those that haven't been there before (or the details have slipped their minds ;) ) click here for the map:

http://www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au/map.html

...oh and Jack make sure you go left when leaving the pits :D

post-6243-0-42733700-1311303066_thumb.jpg

On the streeter tires it is near impossible to have the car out that wide around southern. That line has the best corner exit speed, but the poor streeter just push you wide.

It is hard enough to get the car to turn on this line, any wider you end up in the sticks.

On the streeter tires it is near impossible to have the car out that wide around southern. That line has the best corner exit speed, but the poor streeter just push you wide.

It is hard enough to get the car to turn on this line, any wider you end up in the sticks.

That was a very nice lap.

So with the double apexing of the Southern Loop - you reckon guys on street tyres shouldn't even try it - it is because of all the rubber marbles on the outside.

I have Dunlop Direzza's Z1* - I got no idea if they'r any good. If anybody has any idea what pressures I should run I'm all ears - thanks in advance.

Baron rates the Z1's. I have never had them.

34-36 hot I would think.

I find with my car that any wider in the loop and you loose front grip very quick. But with the GTR you have the front wheels pulling the car into the corner.

This is a mates GTR on the same as my vision on the same tires.

Is this sold out? Finally got my CAMS and fire ext sorted. Never done PI before (just Sandown once) so keen to have a go with the driver training group?

driver training will by CAMS rules be all in one group = 5

(what is up on my froums i am still playing with)

Even if people haven't put themselves in Driver Training but have a CAMS licence starting in 111 and havent given any experience they end up in Driver Training as well.

That extinguisher thing wont go away will it., The upgrading is in process and we are doing it to help people come up to speed before its locked down.

I am looking forward to the Speads as well and we have another clubman now.

12 Entries to go, worship.gif

Wow that is an impressive list of entries in group 1 :D R35 GTR, GT3 porshce, Speads RS08, Takwalai's falcon, Jesus, Ant, Luke.... Oh, and then there's that 240z with an RB26... I'll be staying out of his way if i see him coming :ph34r:

Wow that is an impressive list of entries in group 1 :D R35 GTR, GT3 porshce, Speads RS08, Takwalai's falcon, Jesus, Ant, Luke.... Oh, and then there's that 240z with an RB26... I'll be staying out of his way if i see him coming :ph34r:

Not to mention Dale's VZ commodore looking to break into the 1:30's. Great variety of fast cars, let's hope the weather plays nice....

Hey Jack - you wouldn't happen to have any old GT-R fitment 18 x 10.5's laying around unused I could borrow for a day?

Unfortunately I only have the LMGT4's that are on my car at the moment, have got rid of all the rest of wheels I had in the past. I'm assuming you have tried Aaron at IM?